[SOLVED] Note 3 MJ5 Kingo Root Knox 0x0 Confirmation

Search This thread

zhable

Aug 10, 2013
www.cobaltunlock.com
Sorry for a repeat post, but I dont want to trip knox on my Note 3. I heard you can use the kingo app and not void your warranty (knox 0x0). Here are my specs:
AT&T Note 3 (SM-N900A) Locked BootLoader
Sim Unlocked
Firmware/Build: MJ5
So if I use kingo app and root will Knox be tripped?
Thanks for any help and sorry if its a repeat just want a 100% confirmation, before I do anything I may regret

Last edited:

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas
Sorry for a repeat post, but I dont want to trip knox on my Note 3. I heard you can use the kingo app and not void your warranty (knox 0x0). Here are my specs:
Sim Unlocked
Thanks for any help and sorry if its a repeat just want a 100% confirmation, before I do anything I may regret

The only time KNOX will be tripped is if you tamper with the kernel. Rooting does not affect the kernel and therefore does not trip KNOX.

Reactions: zhable

zhable

Aug 10, 2013
www.cobaltunlock.com
well good news, root worked and knox is not tripped, but upon opening SuperSU it asked if I wanted to disable KNOX, I dont know the method it gets rid of knox, but will this also trip KNOX?

zhable

Aug 10, 2013
www.cobaltunlock.com
Thank You

Thank you to the two users who helped me with this, I simply just installed Xposed Framework and Wanam Exposed and blocked Knox notifications and set system status to "Official", now I can be FREE!

zhable

Aug 10, 2013
www.cobaltunlock.com
No Knox isn't tripped . Install xposed framework and the module xanam exposed and I think under one of the settings you can set to official instead of custom and it gets rid of the unlocked lock on boot. Just do a Google search if you need help installing . To see if you tripped Knox go into download mode by powering off and holding all three buttons at the same time, power, home and volume down and then a screen will appear and press volume up and you will see a list of things look for warranty bit, 0x0 is a valid warranty and 0x1 is a voided warranty. Hope it helps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

WormsCH

Feb 11, 2009
No Knox isn't tripped . Install xposed framework and the module xanam exposed and I think under one of the settings you can set to official instead of custom and it gets rid of the unlocked lock on boot. Just do a Google search if you need help installing . To see if you tripped Knox go into download mode by powering off and holding all three buttons at the same time, power, home and volume down and then a screen will appear and press volume up and you will see a list of things look for warranty bit, 0x0 is a valid warranty and 0x1 is a voided warranty. Hope it helps

May I downgrade only the frimware from MJ7 to MJ5 through odin (and keeping my knox 0x0) then root using kingo or other way who not trip the knox then using mobile odin pro to go back on MJ7 and keep root and 0x0 ?

zhable

Aug 10, 2013
www.cobaltunlock.com
From what I have read flashing or downgrading bootloader may be impossible or resulted in Knox tripping. I would recommend either waiting for another forum member or opening your own thread (if one doesn't already exist).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sim Unlocked

The only time KNOX will be tripped is if you tamper with the kernel. Rooting does not affect the kernel and therefore does not trip KNOX.

Hope your right, fingers crossed :). Im going to give kingo a try
    Hope your right, fingers crossed :). Im going to give kingo a try

I rooted with kingo and it never tripped with me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app