[Solved]"only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed" (CRi9)

Search This thread

josegon30

Nov 1, 2014
Buenos Aires
Hi all, thanks in advance for reading me.

I have this model:

S8+ (SM-G955FD) with the last firmware from sammobile G955FXXU4CRJ5

When I flashed that firmware with ODIN I wanted to root, so this is what I did:

1. Changed the date of the date of the phone and went to "update firmware" and then reset to get OEM unlocked
2. Went to download mode and flashed succesfully TWRP.
3. In TWRP I formated data (yes) and rebooted into recovery
4. Flashed the following files: a) Magisk, b) No verify 6.0, c) RMM state bypass Mesa, d)samsung anti-root removal 4.1
5. Rebooted into system

After doing that, everything seems to be OK... I can re-config my phone and Magisk Manager is installed. But when I went to Developer options I can't see "OEM unlock" activated. So, when I rebooted I got the "only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed" error.

I made the procedure several times. Is that related to the "October security patch update"? I think the error is due to a failure in RMM state bypass flashing, although the flashing procedure says "OK. Done".

Anyone have the same issue? do you guys know how to fix it?

Last edited:

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
Hi all, thanks in advance for reading me.

I have this model:

S8+ (SM-G955FD) with the last firmware from sammobile G955FXXU4CRJ5

When I flashed that firmware with ODIN I wanted to root, so this is what I did:

After doing that, everything seems to be OK... I can re-config my phone and Magisk Manager is installed. But when I went to Developer options I can't see "OEM unlock" activated. So, when I rebooted I got the "only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed" error.

I made the procedure several times. Is that related to the "October security patch update"? I think the error is due to a failure in RMM state bypass flashing, although the flashing procedure says "OK. Done".

Anyone have the same issue? do you guys know how to fix it?

More than likely RMM state zip didn't work are you using the version 2 zip and did you allow modifications in twrp before flashing zip files.

josegon30

Nov 1, 2014
Buenos Aires
@spawnlives; thanks for your repply, I guess that was part of the solution. What I did was to flash a custom kernel plus RMM state bypass v2. I read a custom kernel could fix my problem.

Now I have my phone rooted and with OEM unlock enlabed.

Johnny™

Jun 4, 2009
@spawnlives; thanks for your repply, I guess that was part of the solution. What I did was to flash a custom kernel plus RMM state bypass v2. I read a custom kernel could fix my problem.

Now I have my phone rooted and with OEM unlock enlabed.

what kernel did you use? i have the same issue. i cant reboot on unlocking as i get the dreaded only official binary....

Johnny™

Jun 4, 2009
thanks im really struggling, im on the 11th try, every time is just gives me only official bineries.... :(, ive tried several methods, all root nicely but wont reboot.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

i cant find the v2 its coming up as 4k where v1 is 100k?

nasko7

Dec 12, 2017
UK
I used Velocity Kernel.

Just follow the steps: 1. flash twrp; 2. factory reset and reboot recovery; 3. flask kernel; 4. flash magisk; 5. flash no verify; 6. flash rmm bypass (v2, not v1).

Okay, that's great and all but I can't even do the first step because every time I'm in Download mode and try to flash TWRP with Odin, it says "Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (RECOVERY). I have triggered Knox security but I can't undo it now, so I can fix the RMM state with the bypasser because I can't even flash TWRP. It was suggested to change the date to another one, prior to the security patches, but that didn't work. Sad times...

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
Okay, that's great and all but I can't even do the first step because every time I'm in Download mode and try to flash TWRP with Odin, it says "Only official released binaries are allowed to be flashed (RECOVERY). I have triggered Knox security but I can't undo it now, so I can fix the RMM state with the bypasser because I can't even flash TWRP. It was suggested to change the date to another one, prior to the security patches, but that didn't work. Sad times...
Depending on .android version, you will need to have the following coditions to be able to flash non signed samsung firmware eg: twrp,root, custom roms etc.
In system - OEM unlocked
Download mode -
RMM status - normal ( or disappeared )
KG status - checking
Otherwise you will get errors

Top Liked Posts