SOLVED: OP6T no network (Coaxial connectors)

Search This thread

kitcostantino

Mar 21, 2011
Mayberry
ZTE Axon 7
OnePlus 6T
Its rare that i have an issue i cannot solve on my own, but this one has me stumped. last friday, i took the newest update on my OP6t 8/256 to 10.3.10 (unlocked, bought from OP directly). After the update, i lost cell service.and signal. i am bootloader unlocked, and eventually ended up using msm tool, which did not resolve my issues, despite wiping and relocking my device.
now, i am back on 10.3.10 and i only have some service when i am on wifi. i have cleared network settings and also manually added Tmob which errors out. i have tested the sim in my old Axon 7, and it works perfectly. also, the settings menu appears to show another update still, but it is not clickable. anyone have an idea? Thank you in advance for any help!

Last edited:

kitcostantino

Mar 21, 2011
Mayberry
ZTE Axon 7
OnePlus 6T
On that last screen where it shows your MAC address does your phone still have a IMEI ? (Don't post it, just it should have a number, yes or no?)
It still has both of them. (Dual sim). I have an axon 7 that lost it's EFS partition, so of course that was one of the first things I looked at. Having had that happen before, that was one of the first things I backed up when I got my fajita in 2018. ;)

Last edited:

kitcostantino

Mar 21, 2011
Mayberry
ZTE Axon 7
OnePlus 6T
well, even a new sim card did not fix whatever has gone awry....
update: i took it apart, and pulled the shield over the board. tapped around. put sim in, it didnt work. rebooted with the sim still in and it worked almost all day. set it down on my desk, network disappeared again. pressed on the back just below and to the left of the camera hump, and it came back. worked for 5 min before stopping again. picked up a op9. but i will attempt to fix it later down the road. im guessing either the antennae is loose (checked all coax to ensure they were seated) or one of the multitude of drops, albeit in a good case, broke something beyond repair.

Last edited:

kitcostantino

Mar 21, 2011
Mayberry
ZTE Axon 7
OnePlus 6T
Update: after ordering a new sim reader and evaluating the phone some more, I realized the signal antennae was on the verge of breaking. Moving it with a nylon spudger finished the job.

Attachments

• IMG_20210528_134118.jpg
    IMG_20210528_134118.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14

kitcostantino

Mar 21, 2011
Mayberry
ZTE Axon 7
OnePlus 6T
Update 2, replaced snapped off gray coaxial and still had no network. Realized the other coaxial connector had popped loose and felt like it was seating, but it waant. So issue resolved not at all the software. It was the other coaxial connector. It felt like it was seating, but was not. Fixed and working well now. Woot. Thank you anyone who helped!!

Attachments

• IMG_20210610_191953__01.jpg
    IMG_20210610_191953__01.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: Frankenscript

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 2, replaced snapped off gray coaxial and still had no network. Realized the other coaxial connector had popped loose and felt like it was seating, but it waant. So issue resolved not at all the software. It was the other coaxial connector. It felt like it was seating, but was not. Fixed and working well now. Woot. Thank you anyone who helped!!
    On that last screen where it shows your MAC address does your phone still have a IMEI ? (Don't post it, just it should have a number, yes or no?)