Question [SOLVED] POCO F3 stuck in bootloop, can I flash without losing data?

Search This thread

Cosminxda

Jun 30, 2022
Hi! 2 days ago I just installed two updates (MIUI 12.5 or something, then MIUI 13 with Android 12) on my rooted POCO F3, I unrooted with magisk before every update, then when it requested to reboot, I installed back magisk. The updates were installed succesfuly and the phone was working properly until it shut down because of no battery. When I tried to turn it on the phone took like 5 minutes to get to the MIUI screen and then restarted directly in Recovery Mode. What can I do about it?

Also, can I flash it without losing data, I have photos and documents that I didn't back up?
Or can I just recover something from it?

Last edited:

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi! 2 days ago I just installed two updates (MIUI 12.5 or something, then MIUI 13 with Android 12) on my rooted POCO F3, I unrooted with magisk before every update, then when it requested to reboot, I installed back magisk. The updates were installed succesfuly and the phone was working properly until it shut down because of no battery. When I tried to turn it on the phone took like 5 minutes to get to the MIUI screen and then restarted directly in Recovery Mode. What can I do about it?

Also, can I flash it without losing data, I have photos and documents that I didn't back up?
Or can I just recover something from it?
Use twrp and check whether it can decrypt storage - A12 version by nebrassy

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
DUDE THANK YOU! I tried this and I got access to all my files, now I just want to know, is it possible to restore my phone or I just have to get file after file from it?
I suggest flash original boot.img if you wanna try restoring phone... This only removes magisk. Tho if you have pc and you're gonna be downloading fastboot rom anyways might as well do a clean flash instead - flash_all.bat file

Especially since you used skkk twrp... It's sources don't exist , so run the files you pulled from it through antivirus of some sorts and flash phone with stock rom

How did it happen anyways? You deleted magisk via app, then flashed it via PC before phone booted from OTA?

Reactions: cyanGalaxy

Cosminxda

Jun 30, 2022
I suggest flash original boot.img if you wanna try restoring phone... This only removes magisk. Tho if you have pc and you're gonna be downloading fastboot rom anyways might as well do a clean flash instead - flash_all.bat file

Especially since you used skkk twrp... It's sources don't exist , so run the files you pulled from it through antivirus of some sorts and flash phone with stock rom

How did it happen anyways? You deleted magisk via app, then flashed it via PC before phone booted from OTA?
I will try to do that. Is the command fastboot flash boot_ab boot.img?

So i searched for a fast method to upgrade my phone without losing root on youtube because I already didn't upgrade it from when I bought it. I did exactly what he did in the video twice, because I had 2 updates, this is the vid

After I did all of that, everything went well only for one day until my phone shut down because of programmed shut down and startup (I chose it for battery saving lol), yeah it shut down at 12am when I was awake, I tried starting it again when I found myself in a bootloop. And this is how it got stuck in a bootloop.

Cosminxda

Jun 30, 2022
You need to do a data format..:(

Thank you again!!!! I booted boot.img and repaired my phone, the only problem is that the dialer app lost it's name (it's named com.google.something dialer) and it's icon, oh it also crashes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DUDE THANK YOU! I tried this and I got access to all my files, now I just want to know, is it possible to restore my phone or I just have to get file after file from it?