Search This thread

rotoko

Oct 17, 2011
Bratislava
Got it! Do you know what modification was made to the Driver?
And from what I understand, you weren't exactly stuck in EDL, you were actually in Bootloop. That's right?
That's right, the phone was in bootloope, it didn't respond to anything, it just blinked when the power was pressed, it kept vibrating all the time, even when charging. Only switching the phone to EDL and reinstalling was the last chance.

Ozemir Elion

Jul 30, 2013
Ingá
That's right, the phone was in bootloope, it didn't respond to anything, it just blinked when the power was pressed, it kept vibrating all the time, even when charging. Only switching the phone to EDL and reinstalling was the last chance.
Great! It's not my case... as my device really can't restart because it gets stuck in the EDL. But anyway, I'm glad it worked for you. We will continue to look for a solution to death cases like mine.

leninluvr

Feb 3, 2022
A while ago I unlocked Bootloader from my POCO M3 European [EU] [citrus] and downgraded MIUI (12.5.2.0 to 12.0.3.0) because the update had made the experience worse in several things. I managed to do this and used my POCO for several weeks normally.

This week I simply had to Restart the device, and then it didn't turn on anymore. There have been no updates applied, I have not confirmed this. He died and when connecting to the Computer I noticed that he was in EDL Mode (Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008). From there, after tirelessly searching forums and countless websites, I did this:

• I found the POCO M3 Engineering ROM and through the Firehose File that came in it I managed to bypass Xiaomi's EDL Authentication. I used this Firehose in the Original ROM and managed to install it normally.
Could you explain how to attach(?) the firehose to the other rom?

Saqib Javaid

Apr 25, 2020
A while ago I unlocked Bootloader from my POCO M3 European [EU] [citrus] and downgraded MIUI (12.5.2.0 to 12.0.3.0) because the update had made the experience worse in several things. I managed to do this and used my POCO for several weeks normally.

This week I simply had to Restart the device, and then it didn't turn on anymore. There have been no updates applied, I have not confirmed this. He died and when connecting to the Computer I noticed that he was in EDL Mode (Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008). From there, after tirelessly searching forums and countless websites, I did this:

• I found the POCO M3 Engineering ROM and through the Firehose File that came in it I managed to bypass Xiaomi's EDL Authentication. I used this Firehose in the Original ROM and managed to install it normally.
  • I installed the engineering version, I also tried the Original version 12.0.3.0 (oldest 12.0) and also the Original version 12.0.11.0 (latest 12.0), but after successful installation the device wouldn't reboot (stuck in the EDL). [Note: with this method I installed using MiFlash and sometimes I also used QFIL, but the result was exactly the same]. If I used the Power and Volume buttons (different combinations) the device would restart but immediately return to the EDL.
  • I let the battery completely discharge and the next day I plugged the USB cable into the Computer (and the POCO) and this time it showed the charging icon (battery empty), and a few minutes later the screen turned on by itself (showing the POCO symbol ) and the battery icon appeared "1%" (charging). And so Windows recognized the device as "Linux File-Stor Gadget USB Device" (in MiFlash it was recognized as "c12feb2e0720 device").
  • With high hopes, I opened the Command Prompt and tried to communicate with POCO through Fastboot and ADB, but both didn't see any devices (fastboot devices | adb devices) and that made any command impossible.
  • I tried to flash the Original ROMs again (using MiFlash), taking advantage of this "Strange Mode", but it didn't work, because in the first command the software didn't get a response from the device.
  • I noticed (by the MiFlash verbose) that the flash command was started with "fastboot -s c12feb2e0720...", so to access the device it would be necessary to specify where it was. Unfortunately, using the Command Prompt (as well as MiFlash), I was not successful, as in both cases the device did not "answer/return" anything.
So far these are the progress I've made to Debricking my POCO M3, but I don't know what to do. Surely if I manage to resurrect my device I will make a tutorial to help other people, because this situation is terrible.

I SOLVE IT! After everything I did above (the device was 11% charged) I simply disconnected the battery from the device and left it for a few minutes (no battery connected). After reconnecting the battery and pressing the Power button (no USB Cable Connected) the POCO started normally.

Hope this helps someone :)

*Note: I'm using MIUI 12.0.3.0 (EU, older fastboot version possible) and I don't want to update. For Testing purposes, I restarted the device and confirmed: It gets stuck in the EDL again. But I just disconnect the battery for at least 5 minutes, reconnect it and turn on the device normally, and i can use my Poco. The only main question now is: how can I restart/shutdown the device normally without getting stuck in the EDL? Any suggestion?
If you were helped with this post, comment.
my poco m3 is stuck in edl mode after update. But i can not flash it becuase it says " can not receive hello packet, trying to reset". Is there any solution

Reactions: sarabbafrani

Ozemir Elion

Jul 30, 2013
Ingá
my poco m3 is stuck in edl mode after update. But i can not flash it becuase it says " can not receive hello packet, trying to reset". Is there any solution
Have you checked how your device is recognized in Windows Device Manager? If it appears as "Qualcomm HS-USB..." and still doesn't receive the Rom, try installing another driver (download) or use another MiFlash version (download)

vianatales

Dec 21, 2017

Remove your phone from your PC.
Keep the power button pressed for about 30 seconds, ONLY ONCE, then reconnect it to your PC.
Hit "refresh" in Mi Flash and try flashing it again.

This worked for me.

kyoyakun

Apr 10, 2022
Interestingly, my cell phone got into the bootlop by installing the wrong Rom, when it couldn't, just boot through EDL by connecting two points, it didn't seem logical for me to fix it by discharging the battery or destroying components by heating.
I used a modified MIFLASH DRIVER, Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 and POCO M3 Engineering ROM. Also when repairing another mobile phone.
The phones are working perfectly so far.
can you send ng modified miflash driver, qualcomm hs-usb 9008 and the link for the rom? mine still stuck on bootloop and rn stuck on edl mode

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

• I installed the engineering version, I also tried the Original version 12.0.3.0 (oldest 12.0) and also the Original version 12.0.11.0 (latest 12.0), but after successful installation the device wouldn't reboot (stuck in the EDL). [Note: with this method I installed using MiFlash and sometimes I also used QFIL, but the result was exactly the same]. If I used the Power and Volume buttons (different combinations) the device would restart but immediately return to the EDL.
    • I let the battery completely discharge and the next day I plugged the USB cable into the Computer (and the POCO) and this time it showed the charging icon (battery empty), and a few minutes later the screen turned on by itself (showing the POCO symbol ) and the battery icon appeared "1%" (charging). And so Windows recognized the device as "Linux File-Stor Gadget USB Device" (in MiFlash it was recognized as "c12feb2e0720 device").
    • With high hopes, I opened the Command Prompt and tried to communicate with POCO through Fastboot and ADB, but both didn't see any devices (fastboot devices | adb devices) and that made any command impossible.
    • I tried to flash the Original ROMs again (using MiFlash), taking advantage of this "Strange Mode", but it didn't work, because in the first command the software didn't get a response from the device.
    • I noticed (by the MiFlash verbose) that the flash command was started with "fastboot -s c12feb2e0720...", so to access the device it would be necessary to specify where it was. Unfortunately, using the Command Prompt (as well as MiFlash), I was not successful, as in both cases the device did not "answer/return" anything.
    So far these are the progress I've made to Debricking my POCO M3, but I don't know what to do. Surely if I manage to resurrect my device I will make a tutorial to help other people, because this situation is terrible.

I SOLVE IT! After everything I did above (the device was 11% charged) I simply disconnected the battery from the device and left it for a few minutes (no battery connected). After reconnecting the battery and pressing the Power button (no USB Cable Connected) the POCO started normally.

Hope this helps someone :)

*Note: I'm using MIUI 12.0.3.0 (EU, older fastboot version possible) and I don't want to update. For Testing purposes, I restarted the device and confirmed: It gets stuck in the EDL again. But I just disconnect the battery for at least 5 minutes, reconnect it and turn on the device normally, and i can use my Poco. The only main question now is: how can I restart/shutdown the device normally without getting stuck in the EDL? Any suggestion?
    If you were helped with this post, comment.
    too bad.. I figured out today it does concern my Poco M3 too..
    IMEI 8614600573...

check @sarabbafrani posts he made permanent fix!