[SOLVED] Poco X3 NFC - Bootloop after Wiping & Flashing Custom ROM

Search This thread

DrakMC

May 10, 2021
Hello, today I wiped Dalvik / ART Cache, Cache and Data because I wanted to install Custom ROM.

Maybe I also accidentally wiped Internal Storage or System. Then I flashed the Custom ROM. Now after the Custom ROM flashes again, the boot animation will hang and then the phone will restart shortly. I don't know how to solve this situation. I tried to flash the MIUI using the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool, install the ROM through Fastboot, but nothing worked.

Please anyone know what to do with this? Thank you

Slim K

• May 16, 2015
    Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
    Hello, today I wiped Dalvik / ART Cache, Cache and Data because I wanted to install Custom ROM.

Maybe I also accidentally wiped Internal Storage or System. Then I flashed the Custom ROM. Now after the Custom ROM flashes again, the boot animation will hang and then the phone will restart shortly. I don't know how to solve this situation. I tried to flash the MIUI using the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool, install the ROM through Fastboot, but nothing worked.

You didn't explain your Problem quite well. Does it reboot to fastboot or does it reboot to system? (aka a Bootloop). if it reboots to system, here's what to do:
    1. Boot into a custom recovery (twrp/Orangefox) and flash the required recovery MIUI ROM mentioned in your custom ROM's thread instructions.
    2. Flash the custom ROM/Gapps, followed by Formatting /data using the Advanced Options in the wipe menu.
    3. Reboot.
    If you can't find the format option (which is mandatory before a new boot of a custom ROM), you can use this command while in fastboot mode:
    Code:
    fastboot erase userdata
    Formatting /data is required for Encrypted devices to reset the encryption key and avoid a Bootloop. Please refer to this thread for more Custom ROM flashing instructions. If all else fails, you could EDL flash your device through MI flash tool/Command line, this process costs money (you need an Authorized Xiaomi Account) to complete.

Reactions: DrakMC

DrakMC

May 10, 2021
    Thank you very much for your help!

Does it reboot to fastboot or does it reboot to system? (aka a Bootloop).
    It depends when. When the MIUI flashes through the Mi Flash Tool, the Poco logo is displayed and the phone restarts and the Poco logo is displayed again. All the time.

So I followed your instructions.

I would like to flash ArrowOS, but nowhere do they write what version of MIUI I need. That's why I flashed this version of MIUI through Mi Flash Tool: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/surya/stable/V12.0.8.0.QJGMIXM/

After I flashed MIUI using Mi Flash Tool and then I booted into TWRP and installed the downloaded ArrowOS. After installation, I went to the Wipe section and deleted the Data. Then I restarted the phone to System. The Poco logo was displayed and after a while the phone booted into TWRP. So I don't know where the problem is. (Before ArrowOS flashed, the cell phone tried to boot into the system, the Poco logo was still displayed, and then the phone restarted.)

Slim K

• May 16, 2015
    Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC

It depends when. When the MIUI flashes through the Mi Flash Tool, the Poco logo is displayed and the phone restarts and the Poco logo is displayed again. All the time.

I would like to flash ArrowOS, but nowhere do they write what version of MIUI I need. That's why I flashed this version of MIUI through Mi Flash Tool: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/surya/stable/V12.0.8.0.QJGMIXM/

After I flashed MIUI using Mi Flash Tool and then I booted into TWRP and installed the downloaded ArrowOS. After installation, I went to the Wipe section and deleted the Data. Then I restarted the phone to System. The Poco logo was displayed and after a while the phone booted into TWRP. So I don't know where the problem is. (Before ArrowOS flashed, the cell phone tried to boot into the system, the Poco logo was still displayed, and then the phone restarted.)
    Again, when I say FORMAT, I meant formatting by typing ”yes".
    Also, you haven't looked at the ArrowOS thread close enough, see:
    Screenshot_20210512-201936.png

It says latest R firmware, basically V12.0.7.0.RJGEUXM. Another point I mentioned is the fact that a recovery MIUI is flashable through TWRP/Orangefox and not Fastboot/Mi flash tool, It comes in a .zip archive.

Regarding returning to stock, have you tried booting into stock recovery after fastboot flash and factory resetting? That could work.

Reactions: DrakMC

Slim K

• May 16, 2015
    Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
    Okay, I downloaded this ROM: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/surya/stable beta/V12.0.7.0.RJGEUXM/

I tried it to install it in TWRP and I got error 1:

View attachment 5307411

I'm using TWRP 3.5.2_10-1-surya.
    Error 1 just means a mismatch between the underlying stock and the newly flashed ROM, just ignore it and flash ArrowOS, Format data and reboot. If it still doesn't work, then return to stock through fastboot. (I never encountered so many problems as you did)

DrakMC

May 10, 2021
    I followed your instructions. When I turn on smartphone, the Poco logo is displayed, then the ArrowOS animation will appear and freezes. After a while, the mobile phone restarts and this is repeated over and over again. (If I flash MIUI using the Mi Flash Tool, I also have a bootloop.)

sevachcomunist4

Jan 28, 2021
    just logged to thank u, mine was bricked too since an unsuccessful downgrade try, and I forgot to disable lock option in MiFlash, so I needed to wait 1 week to unlock bootloader again. I've tried everything, but ur post have saved me. ty very much for ur help, this tip can help a lot of ppl in the future. have a great weekend!

DrakMC

May 10, 2021
    just logged to thank u, mine was bricked too since an unsuccessful downgrade try, and I forgot to disable lock option in MiFlash, so I needed to wait 1 week to unlock bootloader again. I've tried everything, but ur post have saved me. ty very much for ur help, this tip can help a lot of ppl in the future. have a great weekend!
    You're welcome! I'm glad I could help someone! It took me about 40+ hours to resolve this issue before trying all possible methods.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You didn't explain your Problem quite well. Does it reboot to fastboot or does it reboot to system? (aka a Bootloop). if it reboots to system, here's what to do:
      1. Boot into a custom recovery (twrp/Orangefox) and flash the required recovery MIUI ROM mentioned in your custom ROM's thread instructions.
      2. Flash the custom ROM/Gapps, followed by Formatting /data using the Advanced Options in the wipe menu.
      3. Reboot.
      If you can't find the format option (which is mandatory before a new boot of a custom ROM), you can use this command while in fastboot mode:
      Code:
      fastboot erase userdata
      Formatting /data is required for Encrypted devices to reset the encryption key and avoid a Bootloop. Please refer to this thread for more Custom ROM flashing instructions. If all else fails, you could EDL flash your device through MI flash tool/Command line, this process costs money (you need an Authorized Xiaomi Account) to complete.

Again, when I say FORMAT, I meant formatting by typing ”yes".
      Also, you haven't looked at the ArrowOS thread close enough, see:
      Screenshot_20210512-201936.png

It says latest R firmware, basically V12.0.7.0.RJGEUXM. Another point I mentioned is the fact that a recovery MIUI is flashable through TWRP/Orangefox and not Fastboot/Mi flash tool, It comes in a .zip archive.

Regarding returning to stock, have you tried booting into stock recovery after fastboot flash and factory resetting? That could work.
      I finally fixed the bootloop!

It was enough to take persist.img and flash it in TWRP before flashing MIUI via Mi Flash Tool.

Thank you very much everyone for your help!