[SOLVED] Problem on SWH M250S Korean mobile.

Search This thread

prak5192

Oct 9, 2012
Bangalore
Hello friends,
I bought one Samsung galaxy S2 from south Korea. having model number SWH M250S.
I live in India, So I wanted to converted it into GT-I9100, SO flashed with Indian firmware which i downloaded from samfirmware.com.
Now actually I have one major problem and two minor problem.
Major Problem.
===============
I have no mobile signal or you can say very less signal on my phone. On average, In 24 hour it I can say it is available on phone for just two hour.This problem persist with both the firmware. ( Korean and Indian).
Also I am little bit confuse on Antenna side of Korean Galaxy S2.
In International or Indian galaxy S2 I am not seeing any antenna wire or cable which you can pull out. The antenna is internal a log wire type which is connecting from top to bottom,( I saw in youtube video) But In Korean galaxy S2 I can see one cable on the right top corner of the phone. Is this is the antenna used for network signal catching or it is used for TV antenna.

I am totally confused that it is a hardware problem or software problem.

Minor Problem
===============
1. Messaging is restricted to 80 character only in Korean firm, but this is getting over when I am flashing a Indian firmware.
2. The screen lock option is not coming after enabling the option in setting , and power key is not displaying its usual options like restart, shutdown, flight mode. For this I read in this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1899309 , that i have to be root to get this option. But i tried it and it was not displaying those options ( May be I am doing something wrong.)

The Minor issue is ok.. I am not bothering too much On these, but please friends help me on solving the major one.
It looks like I am carrying a PDA instead of a phone.

Thank you

Last edited:

prak5192

Oct 9, 2012
Bangalore
Please help

Hello friends,
Please help me on this issue..
The network problem got solved somehow, but still I am not able to lock my mobile.
Screen lock is not working.
and even power button is not giving other options like restart, flight mode etc..
If you guys need other information please ask..

saywhatt

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 17, 2012
Land of Ooo
1st, please change your thread title.. it is a question, so instead of [Guide], it should be [Q]

But anyway, your model is SHW-M250S and it is different with the model GT-I9100. You should not flash any GT-I9100 firmwares, only SHW-M250S..

There is no way to convert your model to GT-I9100, only mod it.. i believe there is a thread somewhere in the General section with the same model as yours. Perhaps checking it there would be your best bet

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

shindatuin

May 15, 2012
Iligan City
Hello friends,
The network problem got solved somehow, but still I am not able to lock my mobile.
and even power button is not giving other options like restart, flight mode etc..

Make sure ur phone is rooted and follow this guide.

Install es file manager
select settings and put check up to root in the root settings of es file explorer
go to /efs/imei
press menu and create a file with name "keystr"
set the permission to rwx-rwx-rwx
reboot phone

Reactions: prak5192

prak5192

Oct 9, 2012
Bangalore

Install es file manager
select settings and put check up to root in the root settings of es file explorer
go to /efs/imei
reboot phone

Thank You very much... its working

Nov 1, 2010
Colombo
Hello friends,

How were you able to get network problem solved? I'm having a similar kind of problem. :(

bikclaude

Nov 23, 2016

Install es file manager
go to /efs/imei
reboot phone

thank you. i did it and it works. but camera and lockscreen still dont work. please is there any way to fix that?
Thank you for your help

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello friends,

Install es file manager
    go to /efs/imei
    reboot phone
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone