[solved] PS3 controller on OxygenOs 3 not working

Search This thread

derSeddy

Nov 13, 2015
I recently updated from OxygenOs 2 to 3.0.2 and lost the ability to use my Playstation 3 controller with my phone.
Previously it worked with the Sixaxis App and bluetooth, but now this app is unable to start the bluetooth driver.
When I connect it via USB it gets recognized as I can see in dmesg, but no key events are recognized. I read that I might need to compile my own kernel with the proper drivers, but I am new to this and would like to do that only as a last resort. From what I can tell this behaves like with OxygenOs 2, but I didn't investigate further because bluetooth worked back then.
Does anyone have experiences with my problem and are there any known solutions?

Last edited:
Reactions: amar dz124

derSeddy

Nov 13, 2015
I looked into compiling kernel modules and have to say that it is easier than I thought.
I took the official kernel source for the OnePlus Two and compiled the hid_sony module.
After loading it with insmod the controller works fine via USB.
If you are interested in the module, it should be compatible with kernel 3.10.84-perf+ and I will give it to you, but I am not allowed to post links, so please write me a PM.

amar dz124

Oct 8, 2018
I hope your help was the Sixaxis Controller application running in version 7.1.1 but the application is not working now after updating to 8.0 Is there a way to solve the problem problem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I looked into compiling kernel modules and have to say that it is easier than I thought.
    I took the official kernel source for the OnePlus Two and compiled the hid_sony module.
    After loading it with insmod the controller works fine via USB.
    If you are interested in the module, it should be compatible with kernel 3.10.84-perf+ and I will give it to you, but I am not allowed to post links, so please write me a PM.
    I recently updated from OxygenOs 2 to 3.0.2 and lost the ability to use my Playstation 3 controller with my phone.
    Previously it worked with the Sixaxis App and bluetooth, but now this app is unable to start the bluetooth driver.
    When I connect it via USB it gets recognized as I can see in dmesg, but no key events are recognized. I read that I might need to compile my own kernel with the proper drivers, but I am new to this and would like to do that only as a last resort. From what I can tell this behaves like with OxygenOs 2, but I didn't investigate further because bluetooth worked back then.
    Does anyone have experiences with my problem and are there any known solutions?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone