• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Solved] [ROM][GT-I9100][Kitkat][4.4] Installing OpenVPN on CyanogenMod 11.0 M3

Search This thread

c.monty

Sep 30, 2011
Hello!

I have flashed my SGS-I9100 successfully with CM11 M3 (Version 11-20140210-SNAPSHOT-M3-i9100).

Now, I want to install app "OpenVPN Settings" that is depending on a specific binary openvpn.
In order to install this binary, the developer provides another app "OpenVPN Installer".

The issue with CM11 is that this installer app cannot set /system (and its related partition) to rw mode in order to put the binary to /system/xbin.
In /system/xbin another binary file "busybox" is located.

I have attached a screenshot displaying the app log.

Question:
Is there a workaround e.g. to manually set /system to rw mode and then complete the installation?
If yes, how would that realised?

Or are there other options to fix this issue?

THX

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-05-20-28-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-05-20-28-32.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 702
Last edited:
Reactions: mskyaxl

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east
Yes with root explorer. Don't forget to set root in phone settings.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

karmacoma92

Mar 12, 2011
  1. uninstall OpenVPN installer you've installed from play store
  2. download this OpenVPNInstaller-debug.apk
  3. install it manually (from download folder tap on the .apk file, if you can't do it google for "installing apk")
  4. run the OpenVPN Installer you've just installed
  5. install openvpn with default options
done

you can use then OpenVPN Settings

hi Penzoiders

I'm having the very same problem but cannot download the apk above, is it possible you upload it somewhere again???

Many thanks!!!

penzoiders

May 9, 2011
Last edited:
Reactions: karmacoma92

karmacoma92

Mar 12, 2011
downloaded! I will try it right now and let you know

Thanks!

Edited: I was able to install it properly and the OpenVPN Settings finds the setting however I have to fix something in my config since it does seem to work, will try it later....
Many thanks again

I wonder why is this one working, is it installing the binary in a different way??

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

I have flashed my SGS-I9100 successfully with CM11 M3 (Version 11-20140210-SNAPSHOT-M3-i9100).

Now, I want to install app "OpenVPN Settings" that is depending on a specific binary openvpn.
    In order to install this binary, the developer provides another app "OpenVPN Installer".

The issue with CM11 is that this installer app cannot set /system (and its related partition) to rw mode in order to put the binary to /system/xbin.
    In /system/xbin another binary file "busybox" is located.

I have attached a screenshot displaying the app log.

Question:
    Is there a workaround e.g. to manually set /system to rw mode and then complete the installation?
    If yes, how would that realised?

Or are there other options to fix this issue?

THX
    hi Penzoiders

I'm having the very same problem but cannot download the apk above, is it possible you upload it somewhere again???

Many thanks!!!

the file is still there

this is the relative post
    https://code.google.com/p/android-openvpn-installer/issues/detail?id=23#c10

this is the link of the file itself:
    EDIT: the file link is broken if you post it here... you have to download from the google code website link here above