• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question [SOLVED] Samsung A12 / SM-A127F/DSN - Root problem

Search This thread

cryptoranger

Sep 4, 2021
Hello,

I have problem with patch my boot.img with Magisk manager. After patching I got error : "The phone is not running Samsung's official software". After flash again stock boot.img everything works.

I use Odin to flash.

I tried to install unofficial TWRP from other thread but I got SVD Fail and vbmeta errors during boot.

Somebody have any idea how solve this problem?

Model : SM-A127F/DSN
Baseband version : A127FXXU2AUG7
Android 11 (UI 3.1)

Info from download mode :
KG STATE : Checking
FRP LOCK : OFF
OEM LOCK : OFF(U)
Secure Download : Enabled
RP SWREV : B:2 K:2 S:2

I found similar situation on movie :
But for me recovery mode and factory reset not solve problem. Phone stuck on "Samsung's official software" and reboot after a few minutes.

Best Regards

Last edited:

cryptoranger

Sep 4, 2021
I have same phone A127
Do you rooted your device now ?
If yes how do you root device ?
And thank you
Hi, Yes I have root on this device !
It's very simple, but official Magisk have a bug which prevents the device from booting properly and your phone will be stuck with in bootloop.

1. You must get custom patched Magisk (jn attachment) - from This thread and install it on phone.
2. Get your original firmware from : https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-A127F
3. Unpack your firmware and upload AP_XXXXX file on phone and patch it with magisk.
4. Flash with ODIN and done :)

You have full instruction : Here but I recommend patch full AP_XXX file not only boot.img. Full AP patch It will allow you to turn off DM-Verity immediately and trouble with vbmeta.

Attachments

• Magisk_patched_for_A21S.apk
    6.3 MB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20210908-204212_Root_Checker_Basic[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20210908-204212_Root_Checker_Basic[1].jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20210908-204225[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20210908-204225[1].jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: khaledoghlo

marrygsm

Sep 25, 2021

Here is the pre Rooted firmware buy Ultratech geek Team
you can download free via google drive link
no password
tested by me Working 100%

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
It's very simple, but official Magisk have a bug which prevents the device from booting properly and your phone will be stuck with in bootloop.

1. You must get custom patched Magisk (jn attachment) - from This thread and install it on phone.
3. Unpack your firmware and upload AP_XXXXX file on phone and patch it with magisk.

You have full instruction : Here but I recommend patch full AP_XXX file not only boot.img. Full AP patch It will allow you to turn off DM-Verity immediately and trouble with vbmeta.
Thanks for this.
I just bought this phone and looking forward to building a custom kernel for it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have same phone A127
    Do you rooted your device now ?
    If yes how do you root device ?
    And thank you