Question [SOLVED] suddenly unknown imei

Search This thread
ok so, i was using my phone normally yesterday, but out of nowhere, my SIM card stopped working and i couldn't use mobile internet/calls anymore. So i checked my settings and i saw my IMEI was marked as unknown, the same with baseband.

The A32 version:
Samsung Galaxy A32 4G SM-A325M (4gb ram) Brazil ZVV/ZTO

What i tried:
- Flashed the right files in odin (CSC, magisk patched AP, BL and CP)
- Tried using 3 different IMEI editors (imei changer free, imei changer pro and device emulator)
- Tried to download a program called Samsung Tool Pro by z3x, but every download was without the crack and the only one that worked was an old 2019 version
- Factory reseted before flashing those files

My phone was rooted working normally for 2 months, cuz i rooted it when samsung introduced ram plus on the november update
I just installed that chinese app WeChat from the samsung galaxy store, just to check it out.... but i dont think hes the cause

thanks for any help :), and dont tell me to pay for software, if you can just send me the crack lol (not in xda... atleast not here in this thread)

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Network reset and clear sim toolkit.
Try resetting the sim card*.

Replace sim card if that doesn't work.
Handle the new sim card like stick of ram.
ESD sensitive. Any static discharge can damage it. Failure may be immediately or could take days, weeks even years to manifest itself.

*the no imei bothers me, maybe it's more than a sim card failure. If so... a rootkit is a possibility or a mobo failure.

Network reset and clear sim toolkit.
Try resetting the sim card*.

Replace sim card if that doesn't work.
Handle the new sim card like stick of ram.
ESD sensitive. Any static discharge can damage it. Failure may be immediately or could take days, weeks even years to manifest itself.

*the no imei bothers me, maybe it's more than a sim card failure. If so... a rootkit is a possibility or a mobo failure.
well, i reseted network again because i hard resetted and reflashed the rom. There's no sim card toolkit here, before resetting, there was an icon but it wouldnt work. I'll try another sim card from a working cellphone to see if it works, but probably won't due to unknown imei....

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
samsung said cuz the bootloader is unlocked they couldnt fix and they said its MOTHERBOARD problems (??) what the actual frick
Yeah Samsung will do that. They don't like rooted phones. I run stock Samsung's as they can run very well as such once optimized. So I'm be no means an expert on troubleshooting a rooted phone...

If you're rooted (or even if not) you need to be very careful with what 3rd apps you load.
Keep WeChat, FB, Instagram, WhatsApp, etc off the phone. If you can't log into them via the browser, don't use them.
Zero trust level for China software.
You may have inadvertently clicked a download link, been tricked into downloading or otherwise brought in a trojan or rootkit.
I would consider the phone to be infected until proven clean. Scrutinize your saved data carefully for malicious files if infected. Isolate it.

Found this. I don't know if that applies to newer Androids. Do some Google searches.

Yeah Samsung will do that. They don't like rooted phones. I run stock Samsung's as they can run very well as such once optimized. So I'm be no means an expert on troubleshooting a rooted phone...

If you're rooted (or even if not) you need to be very careful with what 3rd apps you load.
Keep WeChat, FB, Instagram, WhatsApp, etc off the phone. If you can't log into them via the browser, don't use them.
You may have inadvertently clicked a download link, been tricked into downloading or otherwise brought in a trojan or rootkit.
I would consider the phone to be infected until proven clean. Scrutinize your saved data carefully for malicious files if infected. Isolate it.

Found this. I don't know if that applies to newer Androids. Do some Google searches.
yeah i tried all of this websites, reflashed all odin files even bootloader, flashed with magisk and without.... efs pro just crashes while trying to detect my phone... guess ill take it to a local repair service because i dont have the box or that paid software, and also for some reason samsung fricked the fingerprint reader (it wont work anymore lol)... thanks for trying to help me hehe and sorry for late answer

and no i didnt click any link, i downloaded wechat from the GALAXY STORE some hours before, it just happened while scrolling instagram

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
and no i didnt click any link, i downloaded wechat from the GALAXY STORE some hours before, it just happened while scrolling instagram
FB, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp, Tic-tok etc are malware. A playground of predators, disinformation and censorship. If I can't log onto and use a forum through the browser, I avoid it.
Loading social media apps is a security risk. Zero reasons for them to be running as an app.

I've seen malware bypass the security settings on the Samsung browser and download unauthorized. A trojan preloader (how cute) but I found and deleted it before it could get it's payload. Not sure how it did that and it hasn't happened again but I'm more careful how I excite bad sites now too. The Brave browser hasn't ever been breached as best as I can tell.

In your case a rootkit be the prime suspect if it's not a hardware failure. Maybe just a random hardware failure... and have nothing to do with what you were doing.

FB, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp, Tic-tok etc are malware. A playground of predators, disinformation and censorship. If I can't log onto and use a forum through the browser, I avoid it.
Loading social media apps is a security risk. Zero reasons for them to be running as an app.

I've seen malware bypass the security settings on the Samsung browser and download unauthorized. A trojan preloader (how cute) but I found and deleted it before it could get it's payload. Not sure how it did that and it hasn't happened again but I'm more careful how I excite bad sites now too. The Brave browser hasn't ever been breached as best as I can tell.

In your case a rootkit be the prime suspect if it's not a hardware failure. Maybe just a random hardware failure... and have nothing to do with what you were doing.
so... how can i remove this rootkit? i even repartitioned and nand erased using odin

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
ok so, i was using my phone normally yesterday, but out of nowhere, my SIM card stopped working and i couldn't use mobile internet/calls anymore. So i checked my settings and i saw my IMEI was marked as unknown, the same with baseband.

The A32 version:

What i tried:
- Tried using 3 different IMEI editors (imei changer free, imei changer pro and device emulator)
- Tried to download a program called Samsung Tool Pro by z3x, but every download was without the crack and the only one that worked was an old 2019 version

My phone was rooted working normally for 2 months, cuz i rooted it when samsung introduced ram plus on the november update
I just installed that chinese app WeChat from the samsung galaxy store, just to check it out.... but i dont think hes the cause

thanks for any help :), and dont tell me to pay for software, if you can just send me the crack lol (not in xda... atleast not here in this thread)
Forgive me, but 'out of nowhere' just doesn't happen. No third party app or even first party one could change your IMEI. The only way to have access to all partitions is to unlock bootloader and use custom recovery. In most situations, unless your persist partition is corrupted, you can restore your phone.

You must recreate the steps you took, which caused this problem and depending on what you did, you might be able to restore your original IMEI, but if your persist partition is screwed and you don't have its backup, your only option is to pay Samsung to restore your phone. Even if your have a 'cracked' Samsung flasher, you won't be able to restore persist partition, you can't use persist from another Samsung either.

Next time, the first thing after unlocking bootloader, should be backing up your persist partition.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Forgive me, but 'out of nowhere' just doesn't happen. No third party app or even first party one could change your IMEI. The only way to have access to all partitions is to unlock bootloader and use custom recovery. In most situations, unless your persist partition is corrupted, you can restore your phone.

You must recreate the steps you took, which caused this problem and depending on what you did, you might be able to restore your original IMEI, but if your persist partition is screwed and you don't have its backup, your only option is to pay Samsung to restore your phone. Even if your have a 'cracked' Samsung flasher, you won't be able to restore persist partition, you can't use persist from another Samsung either.

Next time, the first thing after unlocking bootloader, should be backing up your persist partition.
Is the persist partition part of the /boot partition?
I'm curious...

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8
So normally if you were to flash a stock rom the persist partition would/should not be touched?
Is there a comprehensive guide to this that lists all the partitions and their function?
Persist partitions don't get touched by any flashing. There is no guide, and even even if you can list all partitions, that won't help you with persist. So, use MSM flasher, if it exists for your phone. If that doesn't fix the problem, you need to pay Samsung.

Reactions: blackhawk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The A32 version:

What i tried:

Is the persist partition part of the /boot partition?
    I'm curious...
    No. It's a separate partition.
    So normally if you were to flash a stock rom the persist partition would/should not be touched?
    Is there a comprehensive guide to this that lists all the partitions and their function?
    Persist partitions don't get touched by any flashing. There is no guide, and even even if you can list all partitions, that won't help you with persist. So, use MSM flasher, if it exists for your phone. If that doesn't fix the problem, you need to pay Samsung.
    Please excuse my derailment to your thread...
    It may be a random hardware failure.
    not a problem, and ye, it's probably a hardware failure xD
    just took the phone to a local repair shop guys, wish me luck and they'll have to probably re apply solder to the chip as i saw on a youtube video with another samsung phone. the unknown baseband thing is unfixable without touching the mobo afaik but lets just wait to see... thanks for helping me @blackhawk and @optimumpro :D