• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SOLVED]Syncing an Artemis with Vista does not work!

Search This thread

gladiac

Nov 13, 2006
Vienna
When connecting the artemis via usb vista installs the pocketpc-driver and mounts the filesystem into the workplace tree but you can't set it up via the new sync center. the device is just not in the list which makes it impossible to set up a syncing partnership. Any ideas?

glad

lfberge

Nov 26, 2006
Kongsberg
php.lflab.net
I does work. I sync my P3300 with Pre-RC1 5336, no problem. But you do have to download Windows Mobile Device Center. Neat program, looks much better than ActiveSync and does pretty much the same. Good luck!

gladiac

Nov 13, 2006
Vienna
I does work. I sync my P3300 with Pre-RC1 5336, no problem. But you do have to download Windows Mobile Device Center. Neat program, looks much better than ActiveSync and does pretty much the same. Good luck!

Hmm, Windows Mobile Device Center is a fix part of the final version. I use the business version @work...

Samson711

Dec 17, 2005
Aachen
Update does not work...

Any time i try to install the Mobile Device Center Update i get an error message aborting the installation process:
"The update could not be installed because at least one Windows Component required by Windows Mobile Device Center is missing"...
Unfortunately, Vista won't tell which component that is. Any Ideas? I'm using Windows Vista Business N

regards

gladiac

Nov 13, 2006
Vienna
Any time i try to install the Mobile Device Center Update i get an error message aborting the installation process:
"The update could not be installed because at least one Windows Component required by Windows Mobile Device Center is missing"...
Unfortunately, Vista won't tell which component that is. Any Ideas? I'm using Windows Vista Business N

regards

Maybe the N-version (without MP11) misses a component or something... or try installing windows updates and try again. I suggest you use the final version, don't you (in fact it shouldn't matter...)?

Last edited:

Samson711

Dec 17, 2005
Aachen
Yes i guess you're right gladiac. It is the Final Version and even the Vista Experience Rate is unrated, because Vista can't perform the Test without the Media Components ;) It is not only Media Player that is missing i think. Bluetooth File Transfer works, so it is not that urgent. Luckily the University i visit is part of the MSDNAA, which should provide me with Vista Ultimate in the next weeks. Hopefully Synching will run then ;P Windows Updates do not work... Well they work but don't fix the Problem ;)

Thanks for your help