Solved-Timer not working in Google Assistant

Search This thread

Atharkhan101

Account currently disabled
Hello Everybody,

Recently, there were so many users including me who got disappointed by the fact that we could not set Timer with Google Assistant / Ok Google, set a timer and it simply did not work. Clearing app cache, data, uninstalling, reinstalling did not work too.

I'm exited to share you good news that I was able to resolve the annoying Timer not working in Google Assistant.

I'm not missing any point what I did and writing every minute details so you all can be benefitted so here is what I did:

I opened PlayStore
Searched for Google Assistant
Rated 1 Star and left review
On same Google Assistant PlayStore page, I tap 'Open'
Assistant opens in half screen
Looked at down left side there is 3 line menu icon (hamburger icon) > I tapped it > Page opens in full > Look at Top left and tap on your Profile icon.
Look at top left corner, you'll see 3 dot menu > Tap it > Send Feedback > IT DID NOT DO ANYTHING FOR ME, but you follow all the steps I'm telling you.
I went back to the Google Assistant PlayStore page,
Tap on your Profile icon > Page opens in full > Look at Top left and tap on your Profile icon.
Look at top left corner, you'll see 3 dot menu > Tap it > Send Feedback > Now it opens the Feedback Screen > I wrote in feedback as below and sent it:

''Timer is not working. Timer is most used by me. When I say 'Ok Google, 5 minutes timer' Assistant says 'Sure, for how long' If I again say 5 min she says, 'Sure, for how long' this is never ending chain super frustrating. I switched to Alexa for Timers. Google please fix this. Don't ask me to send feedback to so and so email or some 3 dots etc. We give feedback here and we rate accordingly.''

I just went back to home screen and did 'OK Google, set reminder, she asked 'At what time should remind you, I said 3pm, alright reminder set.

Now I just wanted to try timer (I was sure it will not work, just to give it a try) and BAM it WORKED. Period.

I was surprised like its only been a minute or 2 sending feedback.

I tried again 'Ok Google.. 10 minutes timer' and BAM! again it worked.

I wanted to reboot my phone and see if timer would continue to work and Again BAM!!! It WORKED!a

2 thing I observed:
1. Sending feedback works only when you tap your profile icon in HALF GOOGLE ASSISTANT SCREEN and when you are on FULL GOOGLE ASSISTANT SCREEN and try to send feedback, it did not work.
2. Sending feedback could have actually triggered some communication with google service sync or something which resumed the functionality of Timer. I could be wrong though. However, I'm happy that Timer is back to normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: ipdev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everybody,

Recently, there were so many users including me who got disappointed by the fact that we could not set Timer with Google Assistant / Ok Google, set a timer and it simply did not work. Clearing app cache, data, uninstalling, reinstalling did not work too.

I'm exited to share you good news that I was able to resolve the annoying Timer not working in Google Assistant.

I'm not missing any point what I did and writing every minute details so you all can be benefitted so here is what I did:

I opened PlayStore
    Searched for Google Assistant
    Rated 1 Star and left review
    On same Google Assistant PlayStore page, I tap 'Open'
    Looked at down left side there is 3 line menu icon (hamburger icon) > I tapped it > Page opens in full > Look at Top left and tap on your Profile icon.
    Look at top left corner, you'll see 3 dot menu > Tap it > Send Feedback > IT DID NOT DO ANYTHING FOR ME, but you follow all the steps I'm telling you.
    I went back to the Google Assistant PlayStore page,
    Tap on your Profile icon > Page opens in full > Look at Top left and tap on your Profile icon.
    Look at top left corner, you'll see 3 dot menu > Tap it > Send Feedback > Now it opens the Feedback Screen > I wrote in feedback as below and sent it:

''Timer is not working. Timer is most used by me. When I say 'Ok Google, 5 minutes timer' Assistant says 'Sure, for how long' If I again say 5 min she says, 'Sure, for how long' this is never ending chain super frustrating. I switched to Alexa for Timers. Google please fix this. Don't ask me to send feedback to so and so email or some 3 dots etc. We give feedback here and we rate accordingly.''

I just went back to home screen and did 'OK Google, set reminder, she asked 'At what time should remind you, I said 3pm, alright reminder set.

Now I just wanted to try timer (I was sure it will not work, just to give it a try) and BAM it WORKED. Period.

I was surprised like its only been a minute or 2 sending feedback.

I tried again 'Ok Google.. 10 minutes timer' and BAM! again it worked.

I wanted to reboot my phone and see if timer would continue to work and Again BAM!!! It WORKED!a

2 thing I observed:
    1. Sending feedback works only when you tap your profile icon in HALF GOOGLE ASSISTANT SCREEN and when you are on FULL GOOGLE ASSISTANT SCREEN and try to send feedback, it did not work.
    2. Sending feedback could have actually triggered some communication with google service sync or something which resumed the functionality of Timer. I could be wrong though. However, I'm happy that Timer is back to normal.