Question [Solved] Trying to unlock but phone is not connecting

Search This thread

Mthw

May 12, 2013
HTC EVO 3D
Lenovo Vibe P1m
Firstly, this sounds like a very noob question and I am sorry, but I have unlocked phones in the past so I should know how to do this, yet I am running into an issue. I am trying to unlock bootloader on this phone, but my phone is not recognized at all by my pc. If I am in Android and I connect my phone I should get the dialog where it asks me if I want to transfer files or charge my phone etc., right? Yet this dialog doesn't appear. If I enable debugging and type 'adb devices' I get 0 devices. If I reboot to bootloader and try 'fastboot devices' I get nothing. Am I missing something obvious here? I tried both Windows and Linux and got the same results, my phone is just invisible. Do you have any advice? I bought the phone today and I am running the latest software V13.0.10.0.SKOEUXM.

abcxdaabc

Oct 29, 2021
but my phone is not recognized at all by my pc. If I am in Android and I connect my phone I should get the dialog where it asks me if I want to transfer files or charge my phone etc., right? Yet this dialog doesn't appear.
Different usb port/cable. Open device manager and see if it reloads when you plug it in, if yes, than you need drivers.

Mthw

May 12, 2013
HTC EVO 3D
Lenovo Vibe P1m
I tried a different computer and a different cable (the original one is a mess and so is my win11 pc), and it worked. Now I am waiting for 143 hours, wasn't it a week before?