[SOLVED!][TUTORIAL] I needed some help, my IMEI turned into a "0".

Search This thread

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
Hello,

As the title says, I needed some help.

So I'll start from the beginning, I installed the Nougat v29A Beta on my device, which is provided as a Flashable ZIP on this thread ---> https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/development/h815-nougat-stock-t3659860
At first everything seemed to be fine (I clean flashed) and my phone booted up the Nougat Beta without any problems. But after playing around for a while and restoring some of my most needed apps via the Playstore I did a reboot and got immediately greeted with the message that my system is corrupted. I haven't flashed anything else than the Flashable Nougat Beta ZIP but it seemed that the modem that the ZIP contained caused a conflict. I couldn't boot up TWRP and the phone simply could't do anything. But I could boot into the download mode so I restored my phone by flashing a MM based KDZ. After that my phone didn't show the bootloader unlocked messsage at the top of the screen anymore when you boot up the phone. So I rebooted my phone into the bootloader via ADB and tried to unlock it by flashing my unlock.bin via Fastboot, but that failed. I rebooted my phone again and discovered that my IMEI turned into a "0".

So now my question was if there is a way to restore my IMEI?

And luckily the answer is yes! There is a way to restore your IMEI!

--- SOLUTION / Fix ----
So I was able to solve this issue by following this really useful tutorial ---> https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=73489308&postcount=2 which @Pif0u gave me.
I recommend anyone who has the same issue to restore their phone with a MM based KDZ before executing the tutorial. Make sure you have "Debugging Mode" enabled in the "Dev Settings" menu.
! Make sure you have filled in your IMEI code properly before writing it to you device. You can find your IMEI code on the box your device came in. !
Follow the exact same steps as described in the tutorial.

! If you choose to execute this fix me or the guy that gave us the tutorial will not be responsible for any problems that may occur. !

You will be able to re-unlock your bootloader if you have successfully restored your IMEI, follow this tutorial to re-unlock your bootloader ---> http://developer.lge.com/resource/mobile/RetrieveBootloader.dev?categoryId=CTULRS0702

Good luck! :good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-08-22-01-59-12.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-22-01-59-12.png
    167.2 KB · Views: 1,624
  • Screenshot_2017-08-22-01-59-20.png
    Screenshot_2017-08-22-01-59-20.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 1,590
Last edited:

Pif0u

Aug 22, 2017
Tutorial to restore imei

1 -Go to phone dial
2- Type *#546368#*815#
3- Go to SVC Menu
4- Go to Port Check Test
5 - Enable Port check test
6 - Download this :
Code:
 https://mega.nz/#!cZ9TxBLT!v9qEfeNTeCKYw8XoAhaMOkN48pp4WtLBCU_8KlYeERs
7 - Run the program
28045ea9e0.png

8 - Click to Qualcomm NV Tools
9 -
594ac3313a.png

10 - Check the box IMEI, Write your IMEI in IMEI(dec) and click to write (next to Target: phone)
11 - Reboot phone

Last edited:

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
Tutorial to restore imei

1 -Go to phone dial
2- Type *#546368#*815#
3- Go to SVC Menu
4- Go to Port Check Test
6 - Download this :
Code:
7 - Run the program
28045ea9e0.png

9 -
594ac3313a.png

10 - Check the box IMEI, Write your IMEI in IMEI(dec) and click to write.
11 - Reboot phone

Thank you very much for this tutorial! I'll give it a try :good:

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
It seems obvious but I forgot to say that we must go into debug mode and plug the phone into the pc
I hope you will solve your problem :good:

Hey I wanted to inform you that your tutorial worked perfectly and I have successfully re-unlocked my bootloader to! I am really grateful for your quick reply and help, thank you! :good:

Reactions: Gigio755

Randy_Orton91

Sep 28, 2014
Tutorial to restore imei

1 -Go to phone dial
2- Type *#546368#*815#
3- Go to SVC Menu
4- Go to Port Check Test
6 - Download this :
Code:
7 - Run the program
28045ea9e0.png

9 -
594ac3313a.png

10 - Check the box IMEI, Write your IMEI in IMEI(dec) and click to write (next to Target: phone)
11 - Reboot phone

I have problem with this app: it doesn read my phone when i plug in. I activated debug mode. Can you help me?

jurastefo

Sep 2, 2015
Hello,

As the title says, I need some help.

So I'll start from the beginning, I installed the Nougat v29A Beta on my device, which is provided as a Flashable ZIP on this thread ---> https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/development/h815-nougat-stock-t3659860
At first everything seemed to be fine (I clean flashed) and my phone booted up the Nougat Beta without any problems. But after playing around for a while and restoring some of my most needed apps via the Playstore I did a reboot and got immediately greeted with the message that my system is corrupted. I haven't flashed anything else than the Flashable Nougat Beta ZIP so I have no Idea what triggered the Corruption message. I couldn't boot up TWRP and the phone simply could't do anything. But I could boot into the download mode so I restored my phone by flashing a MM based KDZ. After that my phone didn't show the bootloader unlocked messsage at the top of the screen anymore when you boot up the phone. So I rebooted my phone into the bootloader via ADB and tried to unlock it by flashing my unlock.bin via Fastboot, but that failed. I rebooted my phone again and discovered that my IMEI turned into a "0".

So now my question is if there is a way to restore my IMEI? I do have a TWRP backup of my IMEI.

I would be really grateful for any help,
Mr.FreeBird.
My IMEI has normal size not 0, can I unlocked my bootloader with my unlock.bin file?

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
I have problem with this app: it doesn read my phone when i plug in. I activated debug mode. Can you help me?

I updated the OP with some info, have you restored your phone with a MM based KDZ? If not, I do recommend doing so. Have you followed the first 5 steps exactly like the are described in the tutorial? The program won't be able to connect with your device if you haven't enabled the Port check test.

Randy_Orton91

Sep 28, 2014
I updated the OP with some info, have you restored your phone with a MM based KDZ? If not, I do recommend doing so. Have you followed the first 5 steps exactly like the are described in the tutorial? The program won't be able to connect with your device if you haven't enabled the Port check test.

I enabled the Port check test. No, now I'm using the beta version of nougat. Do I have to do a downgrade with kdz to marshmallow? In conclusion we can not use the Nougat beta and have the bootloader unlocked since with this version lose the imei of phone

Last edited:

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
Thanks for the help. So we can't use that version of nougat and have bootloader unlocked because we have problem on imei. Is it right?

No problem, glad to help. I think we are able to use the Nougat Beta as long as we do not flash the Nougat Beta modem. The modem seems to cause conflicts. If I was you I would stay on MM and wait till the guys who made a Flashable ZIP of the Beta remove the modem contained in the ZIP and re-upload it.

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
When i go in dowload mode it says: "Your device is corrupt" and then it reboot. How can i solve it?

How have you tried to access the Download mode? You pressed the Volume up button and connected your device with a USB?
I wasn't getting any corruption message when I booted into Download mode. Keep trying to access the Download mode, maybe with a but of luck it wil boot into Download mode eventually.

Randy_Orton91

Sep 28, 2014
How have you tried to access the Download mode? You pressed the Volume up button and connected your device with a USB?
I wasn't getting any corruption message when I booted into Download mode. Keep trying to access the Download mode, maybe with a but of luck it wil boot into Download mode eventually.

Yes i try in this way but i receive that message so i can do nothing for now :/

Randy_Orton91

Sep 28, 2014
I am really sorry to tell you that I don't know how to solve that or how I could help you in any way. The Download mode worked just fine for me, I have no idea why your device refuses to boot into Download mode. :confused:

I will try other times to start it in download mode but if it does not go I will find it with a phone almost unusable unfortunately.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tutorial to restore imei

1 -Go to phone dial
    2- Type *#546368#*815#
    3- Go to SVC Menu
    4- Go to Port Check Test
    6 - Download this :
    Code:
    7 - Run the program
    28045ea9e0.png

9 -
    594ac3313a.png

11 - Reboot phone
    Hello,

As the title says, I needed some help.

At first everything seemed to be fine (I clean flashed) and my phone booted up the Nougat Beta without any problems. But after playing around for a while and restoring some of my most needed apps via the Playstore I did a reboot and got immediately greeted with the message that my system is corrupted. I haven't flashed anything else than the Flashable Nougat Beta ZIP but it seemed that the modem that the ZIP contained caused a conflict. I couldn't boot up TWRP and the phone simply could't do anything. But I could boot into the download mode so I restored my phone by flashing a MM based KDZ. After that my phone didn't show the bootloader unlocked messsage at the top of the screen anymore when you boot up the phone. So I rebooted my phone into the bootloader via ADB and tried to unlock it by flashing my unlock.bin via Fastboot, but that failed. I rebooted my phone again and discovered that my IMEI turned into a "0".

So now my question was if there is a way to restore my IMEI?

And luckily the answer is yes! There is a way to restore your IMEI!

--- SOLUTION / Fix ----
    So I was able to solve this issue by following this really useful tutorial ---> https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=73489308&postcount=2 which @Pif0u gave me.
    I recommend anyone who has the same issue to restore their phone with a MM based KDZ before executing the tutorial. Make sure you have "Debugging Mode" enabled in the "Dev Settings" menu.
    ! Make sure you have filled in your IMEI code properly before writing it to you device. You can find your IMEI code on the box your device came in. !
    Follow the exact same steps as described in the tutorial.

! If you choose to execute this fix me or the guy that gave us the tutorial will not be responsible for any problems that may occur. !

You will be able to re-unlock your bootloader if you have successfully restored your IMEI, follow this tutorial to re-unlock your bootloader ---> http://developer.lge.com/resource/mobile/RetrieveBootloader.dev?categoryId=CTULRS0702

Good luck! :good:
    It seems obvious but I forgot to say that we must go into debug mode and plug the phone into the pc
    I hope you will solve your problem :good:

Hey I wanted to inform you that your tutorial worked perfectly and I have successfully re-unlocked my bootloader to! I am really grateful for your quick reply and help, thank you! :good: