[SOLVED] Unbrick Sunvell Q Plus with Allwinner H6 SoC 6k 4gb

Search This thread

annerakkz

Sep 17, 2016
Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Notification bar missing?

Hi I have this box too (Android 9 installed) , I was just wondering if the notification bar is missing on yours too? Tried to install nova launcher but no notification bar even after setting the swipe down gesture to open the notifications.

Hey @overd0se thankz for this, i have confirmed this works for Aeromedia nanomax which is a clone of the box in OP. Couldnt find firmware anywhere and supplier was no help at all, i had tried reset button and was in same situation, didnt have any other way of doing this.
aeromedia nanomax (justop uk)
allwinner H6 a53 T720 MP2 Chipset
4/64gb BT/wifi ethernet confirmed operable

Hats off to you mate great tutorial and saved box

omerafzal

Jul 31, 2020
Transpeed H6 Bricked

Dear All,

I need support to unbrick transpeed H6. I have tried every method. Its not working. Device is dead and not responding to any thing else PC Upgrade which fails at 62% with error Download Boot1 Failed 0x161

Please see the attached photos and videos uploaded on the link.

1X5EsKYvXUxgDPTh2ObwWGIgAakXjx18H

Dear All,

I need support to unbrick transpeed H6. I have tried every method. Its not working. Device is dead and not responding to any thing else PC Upgrade which fails at 62% with error Download Boot1 Failed 0x161

Please see the attached photos and videos uploaded on the link.

Try using tx6 Pro, T95 max or eachlink H6 mini firmwares all these work with H6 allwinner a53 T720 mp2 chipsets .

Use phoenix USB Pro 4.0

Just select image file plug in USB to USB cable without the devices power cable plugged in and connect to pc

Last edited:

omerafzal

Jul 31, 2020
Transpeed H6 Bricked

Try using tx6 Pro, T95 max or eachlink H6 mini firmwares all these work with H6 allwinner a53 T720 mp2 chipsets .

Use phoenix USB Pro 4.0

Just select image file plug in USB to USB cable without the devices power cable plugged in and connect to pc

Dear I did the same please see the attached video if possible and pictures. i tried more than 20 ROms all same giving same error. add https before the link please. I ll be grateful if you can help me in fixing the device. Thank you thank you thank you

drive.google.com/file/d/1xVDDX7vj2FRr1mF4CTJmbjnnS6aJWlpb/view?usp=sharing

Franz.Xaver

Oct 11, 2012
Frankfurt am Main
Thanks for this guide, I was able to bring my player back to life using an external SD card reader. The internal sd reader in my laptop did not work for this.
I still have a problem with my remote. It does not work anymore. I tried a lot of remote.conf files found in various places (and copying to /etc/) but none worked.

Does anyone have a working remote.conf for this player for me? Or any other ideas how to bring back my remote to life?

Last edited:
Thanks for this guide, I was able to bring my player back to life using an external SD card reader. The internal sd reader in my laptop did not work for this.
I still have a problem with my remote. It does not work anymore. I tried a lot of remote.conf files found in various places (and copying to /etc/) but none worked.

Does anyone have a working remote.conf for this player for me? Or any other ideas how to bring back my remote to life?

Hey, The remotes are sh*t on these devices anyway my friend...... can you not just use USB OTG wireless keyboard/mouse as they perform much better?

This is how I control the device now (using a RiiX1), but I rather use the remote. It was working rather well before.

Yeah I had that with a Nanomax which is a Clone of a t95 max.

The end result of flashing different firmware (like the one in OP) nearly always renders the factory issue remote useless, it is nigh on impossible trying to obtain a fully working remote.config for the flashed box due to a difference in drivers for that specific box/firmware.

I prefer the stock remote too, however this is something I learned to do without when flashing different roms.

Elbatman12354

Sep 12, 2020
I updated it from 2.1.9 to this version from the SD and I already have the LED app, and at the same time I skip the update 2.1.18 from the update app !!

My update: flashed as described here and it worked. Few stumbling blocks... it didn't work on a macbook pro running bootcamp but did on a straight win7 laptop with sd reader. It formats my 2gb sandisk SD card as 555mb and doesn't show any files once it's done, but the android box booted from the sd and loaded everything up. There was an update available and it flashed that OTA no problems and i'm back to factory. THanks!

Reactions: joranto

CheshireZP

Oct 10, 2020
Did you find the answers about 720p GUI? Because mine tv box shows 720p too, and even if I trying to change resolution in settings to 1080 it does nothing. But when I booting tv box with libreelec gui works 1080, but it crash sometimes :(

deano2011

Dec 15, 2011
the best thing to do if you have a Q+ box is to either flash it with a older firmware like i have which is the Sunvell Q+ 1.1.5.img android 8.1 which does not have the 720p bug' but you do lose the remote control function (best to use a air mouse remote anyways) or the best custom firmware i have found for this box is called T95 MAX-SCV2.img which is very stable from Beny.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi just a little thread to unbrick this kind of popular tv box that I struggle to find on the net.
    I believe this will work on many cheap TV box, just find your original firmware. Since I found a tons of unsolved thread with this issue, I guess this will help.

spec :
    CPU: Quadcore Allwinner H6 cortex-A53 (Frequency: 2GHz)
    GPU: Mali-T720MP2
    RAM: 4GB
    ROM: 32GB

Sunvell-Q-Plus-Allwinner-H6.jpg

Issues : Bricked by rooting it. RESET button in the AV hole does NOT work (it wont boot in recovery). Side Note : DO NOT INSTALL SuperSU apk. !

Solution :
    1- Use a SD card (not a usb stick, not a USB-A to USB-A.)

2- Get the PhoenixCard_V3.1.0_20130618 software

3- Get the original firmware here : https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/fr...801-sunvell-q-plus-allwinner-h6-tv-box-review

4 - On a PC get the SD card ready to flash, open PhoenixCard, load the .img file and select in ''write mode'' ""Product""

Click-on-Burn-PhoenixCard-Tool.png

5 - Unplug the TV box and place the SD card. Plug the TV BOX, wait for the progress bar to finish. (it will start automatically when the power is ON)
    Progress bar should look like something like this :

maxresdefault.jpg

6- Done. This will erase all your data, but anyway you won't be able to access it.
    View attachment 5239501
    My TV box is apparently a standard Q+ (but 64 GB are fake), the problem is that I did not manage to flash any image in memory, with all methods suggested in this forum and elsewhere I could manage to find hints (actual software version is Qplus-H6-9.0-2.1.17), if I try to load any image into system with SD card prepared with PhoenixCard_V3.1.0_20130618 software leds lights are static but nothing appears on screen, reset button on AV port works, but switching on device woth button pressed makes it also unactive and led is off, fastboot mode is not working beacuse I installed ADB drivers but not fastboot drivers (PhoenixSuite latest version and other tools such as Livesuit flash tools does not works and embedded drivers do not install in windows 10, too); I set all Developers options suggested but device seems not to accept upgrades from and within Android and externally), is it locked?
    https://file.turewell.com/Firmware upgrade tool-Allwinner.rar and https://file.turewell.com/全志/Qplus-H6-9.0-2.1.16.img links are dead...
    Please help me because I rooted uninstalled some system apps to manage Google Play Store updating and download apps and now Google Play does not see any installed apps (Lucky Patcher fails to install original and modded version).
    PhoenixCard_V3.1.0_20130618 software flashing SD card with "Startup" option succeeds to create a bootable system, but it is not resident in standard device memory so it is very slow.
    Thank you for your kind assistance, I am honestly helpless, I love this device I don't want to trash it...

Hi, soon after posting this I found the solution for my Q Plus(4+64) (definitively fake with only 2 GB ram instead of 4 GB and 16 GB rom instead of 64 GB...), finally, after 1 week of sleepless nights.
    All tools necessary to succesfully upgrade to software version "Qplus-H6-9.0-2.1.21-N-CV200-0125 .img" are at this links:

General page:

Most recent firmware "Qplus-H6-9.0-2.1.21-N-CV200-0125 .img":

Upgrade instructions (I solved by flashing new OS version from SD card):

Now system is live and it remains "only" to solve Google Play Store update issue, luckily this time with Lucky Patcher from:
    Mod Edit: Link removed

Thank you all, however, for your suggestions in this forum, I hope to help other people with same problems.
    The leds issue and turning off make sure you do the OTA updates one after another
    as that fixed the issue for me.
    The box is really growning on me and I found a custom ROM with Magisk for root handling based on 7.1.1
    {{https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=952835&st=40#entry86241110}}

however it disables the USB 2.0 and for some reason only shows 2 cores and 3gb of ram (not an issue for here more of a github thing)
    however the Netflix addons for xmbc do work so 1080 streaming is back on and with root hidden I can finally use UKTV play/Channel4 and iplayer apps which with the way root is enabled by default on the stock firmware I couldnt find a way to controll (SU app kills the box)

so there is a link in this post to the site I got the ROM from ive been using it for a few days now none stop as this box is my main TV driver
    Did you get it sorted out?
    Well when I used the guide above after the first flash I restarted then checked the wireless update and all together it updated a few times then became stable the led control was in the apps folder.

sorry for my late reply

Where do I get the updates? When I open "Wireless Update" it asks me to select the files from a local directory.
    Hello I have your same TV box "LLIN-IT Q+", and I also had the same problem as you, that is, the Google Play did not download anything giving various error codes. I solved it by updating the firmware "Qplus-H6-9.0-2.1.21-N-CV200-0125 .img" from PC and magically everything started including the correct functionality of Google Play. I hope I was helpful.
    Hi,
    so it's not a mistake that it was 16Gb instead of 32Gb, because it was a fake 32Gb