Question [Solved] Update 11.2.10.10 AA fails when using local upgrade. Fix?

Search This thread

Porquiplane

Jul 25, 2020
Hello All,

Attempted to update to 11.2.10.10 AA two days ago via full update zip through Oxygen Updater app and Local Upgrade, only to receive Installation Failure. When I check system update in settings it tells me only the incremental update is available.

Rooted OP9 (Magisk v23015 canary), Arter R2 Kernel, and only 5 magisk modules (hideprops, BusyBox, wifibonding, opperfdisabler, and James DSP).

Any ideas?

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I also have a rooted global op9. Updated through local upgrade in oxygen updater . Full 3.0 gb zip installed and rebooted to new build! Since your using magisk you need to restore stock boot img. Probably why installation fAils.

Porquiplane

Jul 25, 2020
Since your using magisk you need to restore stock boot img.
How would i do that? Uninstall Magisk? Using Arter Kernel touches vendor and another partition so i believe if i restore stock boot and kernel goes down then i might have an issue. Not sure, this is the first time ive had a problem with an update. Usually its pretty seamless and same, simple process.

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
How would i do that? Uninstall Magisk? Using Arter Kernel touches vendor and another partition so i believe if i restore stock boot and kernel goes down then i might have an issue. Not sure, this is the first time ive had a problem with an update. Usually its pretty seamless and same, simple process.
If you update ota through g-ota you for sure have to restore untouched boot,vendor_boot, dtbo prior to installing 11.2.10.10. Yes uninstall in magisk and it should restore boot image. And since you flashed a kernel you did take a stock backup of these partitions before flashing kernel?

Reactions: Porquiplane

Porquiplane

Jul 25, 2020
If you update ota through g-ota you for sure have to restore untouched boot,vendor_boot, dtbo prior to installing 11.2.10.10. Yes uninstall in magisk and it should restore boot image. And since you flashed a kernel you did take a stock backup of these partitions before flashing kernel?

I am not sure if i did. Unless Franco Kernel Manager does it for you, i didnt.

Porquiplane

Jul 25, 2020
As an update, I had to reflash vendor_boot and dtbo after bootloop. Then the phone allowed me to update to the new OOS. Troubles resolved!

Top Liked Posts