[Solved][Using TWRP] ERROR 7 WHILE iNSTALLING TREBLE ROM

Search This thread

nick2366

Jul 23, 2016
Kharagpur
Model used: Lenovo Zuk Z2 plus
Alert: This method needs to format data. Try to have backups if possible.

Download both TWRP setups(new twrp and old twrp), factory2vendor.zip, vendor2factory.zip from this link:
https://xdaforums.com/lenovo-zuk-z2/how-to/z2plus-treble-roms-flashing-reverting-t3778287

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAGA (https://xdaforums.com/lenovo-zuk-z2/how-to/z2plus-treble-roms-flashing-reverting-t3778287/page5)

I have asked about a solution for the various /vendor issues and haven't received any answer from anyone.
Finally I found out by myself how to fix it, and i'm here to share it with everyone.
If you're having problems when installing magisk, when trying to wipe (factory reset), if everything you try gives the /vendor failure and if you're trying to get rid of this new treble **** and want to go back to AEX 5.3 for now, here's what you should do:

1 - Format data (the option where you must type "yes" to confirm) on twrp, reboot your phone to recovery again.

2 - Now download the 4 files available in the original post (vendor2factory.zip; factory2vendor.zip; z2_plus_twrp_3.2.1-0_dmd.img and twrp-treble-1.img) and transfer them to your device.

3 - Now on your phone go to install and select install image. z2_plus_twrp_3.2.1-0_dmd.img and twrp-treble-1.img will show up. Install z2_plus_twrp_3.2.1-0_dmd.img. Reboot to recovery again.

4 - Try to flash vendor2factory. If it's successful, install twrp-treble-1.img and you're ready to go, explanation ends here.

5 - If it's Unsuccessful, install twrp-treble-1.img anyways and reboot to recovery again. Now try to flash Factory2Vendor_plus.zip and repeat steps 3 and 4. It should work. Even if it doesn't work, install z2_plus_twrp_3.2.1-0_dmd.img again and repeat steps 3 and 4.

Now you can get back to aex 5.3 and customize your device as before without any /vendor problems.

If this method works on phones other than zuk z2 then please mention in the comments. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: FROST56

FROST56

Aug 17, 2020
Awsome - v5.3 worked for me, then i tried to jump to v6 and 7 and failed.
This was the only thread which got me back to V5.3
I can't make calls for some reason, but that's a separate issue - just glad to be back on 5.3 finally.

Download both TWRP setups(new twrp and old twrp), factory2vendor.zip, vendor2factory.zip from this link:
https://xdaforums.com/lenovo-zuk-z2/how-to/z2plus-treble-roms-flashing-reverting-t3778287

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAGA (https://xdaforums.com/lenovo-zuk-z2/how-to/z2plus-treble-roms-flashing-reverting-t3778287/page5)

I have asked about a solution for the various /vendor issues and haven't received any answer from anyone.
Finally I found out by myself how to fix it, and i'm here to share it with everyone.
If you're having problems when installing magisk, when trying to wipe (factory reset), if everything you try gives the /vendor failure and if you're trying to get rid of this new treble **** and want to go back to AEX 5.3 for now, here's what you should do:

1 - Format data (the option where you must type "yes" to confirm) on twrp, reboot your phone to recovery again.

2 - Now download the 4 files available in the original post (vendor2factory.zip; factory2vendor.zip; z2_plus_twrp_3.2.1-0_dmd.img and twrp-treble-1.img) and transfer them to your device.

3 - Now on your phone go to install and select install image. z2_plus_twrp_3.2.1-0_dmd.img and twrp-treble-1.img will show up. Install z2_plus_twrp_3.2.1-0_dmd.img. Reboot to recovery again.

4 - Try to flash vendor2factory. If it's successful, install twrp-treble-1.img and you're ready to go, explanation ends here.

5 - If it's Unsuccessful, install twrp-treble-1.img anyways and reboot to recovery again. Now try to flash Factory2Vendor_plus.zip and repeat steps 3 and 4. It should work. Even if it doesn't work, install z2_plus_twrp_3.2.1-0_dmd.img again and repeat steps 3 and 4.

Now you can get back to aex 5.3 and customize your device as before without any /vendor problems.

If this method works on phones other than zuk z2 then please mention in the comments. Thanks.
Why just QPST 4.0 with retain userdata xml you save all userdata and update everything to new

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Quote: