[Solved] VBmeta Flashing and Disable Verity Verification Command Problem

Search This thread

SignatureBoy

Dec 26, 2014
Karachi, Pakistan
Thought to share with you guys, as many of people like me face problem while disabling the verification while flashing VBMETA.img.
Most of the time the below command does not work and causes bootloop, when Installing Custom recovery.
So i searched a lot and found the perfect solution which is working 100% and tested personally.

Code:
fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta.img

The errors we receive while flashing this command is due to SDK platform tools version
30.0.5 version is working fine and i have attached it along with this post so nobody else will go through the searching i have went.

This is the whole sole purpose of this thread.

Attachments

• platform-tools_r30.0.5-windows.zip
    11.8 MB · Views: 2,571

Direniş

Jul 27, 2022
Can you tell me how to do it with Heimdall on Linux? Using this file attached below, but i also ask you, is this file i posted only special for my device? The guy who told me to flash this told me to use odin and place the file on ap slot, just like how i previously flashed the custom recovery.

Attachments

• vbmeta_disabled.tar
    2 KB · Views: 824

Luffy83

Nov 8, 2021
hi ,may i ask which first, do i need to flash the vbmeta before custom rom?. thanks much appreciated

DarZz_II

Jan 20, 2023
Thought to share with you guys, as many of people like me face problem while disabling the verification while flashing VBMETA.img.
Most of the time the below command does not work and causes bootloop, when Installing Custom recovery.
So i searched a lot and found the perfect solution which is working 100% and tested personally.

Code:

The errors we receive while flashing this command is due to SDK platform tools version
30.0.5 version is working fine and i have attached it along with this post so nobody else will go through the searching i have went.

can also be wrote this way : fastboot flash vbmeta --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta.img

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code: