(SOLVED) Wi-Fi turning itself off regularly. Is this a known bug???

Search This thread

jewelkobayashi

Oct 23, 2007
Hanoi, Vietnam
Something that has been annoying me since the day I bought the tablet (LTE SPG 521)

When the tablet has been idle for a while, the WiFi turns itself off.

So whenever I pick it up without thinking, open chrome to start web browsing, I am connected to internet, and things are fine until I realise that I have been using 3G instead of WiFi.

Most of the time I need to go into shortcut quick access from pulling down top right corner and turn WiFi on.
Sometimes I need to go into WiFi settings and turn it on, even though the quick access shortcut says WiFi is on.

I do have stamina mode on, but have disabled every other power saving feature related to WiFi. In fact it is the same setting on my Z Ultra and Z1 Compact, but needless to say, I do not see this behaviour on my other sony devices.
But somehow on the tablet, WiFi does not auto connect, even in presence of a WiFi router that is set for auto connect.

Even If I was using the particular access point for WiFi connection, lets say I play games for about 30 minutes... the connection is lost and I need to go into WiFi settings to turn it on again (with the small slide to the right toggle switch within WiFi settings to turn on WiFi itself).

Anyone else experiencing this?

I would rather avoid it, since over usage on 3G for me means speed throttling later in the month...

P.S. Yes, I am on latest firmware 17.1.A.2.69
On Advanced WiFi, Keep wifi on during sleep is set to ALWAYS., avoid poor connection is turned OFF, and Wifi optimization is also OFF

Last edited:

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Factory reset it? That's probably the first thing they tell you to do if you approach the technicians, if the problem still persist then demand for an exchange if not refund it.

I'd just bought mine today and unfortunately the bottom right corner the glass sticks out and it is pushable. I'm going to exchange it tmr.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Chefproll

Apr 27, 2014
"Factory reset" is always the first "solution" you get by "technicians". Usually translates to: "Keeps the customer occupied for hours, silencing him."

Regarding the issue: I cannot confirm that, NO WLAN issues with my LTE Z2, it's just "always on", never losing the connection.

jewelkobayashi

Oct 23, 2007
Hanoi, Vietnam
"Factory reset" is always the first "solution" you get by "technicians". Usually translates to: "Keeps the customer occupied for hours, silencing him."

Regarding the issue: I cannot confirm that, NO WLAN issues with my LTE Z2, it's just "always on", never losing the connection.

Do you have stamina mode ON?

With my other Xperias, the second I turn my screen on, the wifi is off/sleeping, but it launches and connects almost instantaneously. I guess the problem in my tablet is that it is not doing so, requiring me to do it manually...

I thought the FW for the tablet and the phone Z2 was the same? Maybe I should go and look in the forums over there...

jewelkobayashi

Oct 23, 2007
Hanoi, Vietnam
UPDATE

Problem Solved.

The cause was ad blocker app that I had installed, and it seems to me that whenever I was using certain apps that needed ad-blocking, all this thing would do is turn wifi off (but not 3g/LTE)
How Dumb is that?

Anyways, Wifi now always on even with stamina mode on.

Thanks for all who listened and threw suggestions!

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE

Problem Solved.

The cause was ad blocker app that I had installed, and it seems to me that whenever I was using certain apps that needed ad-blocking, all this thing would do is turn wifi off (but not 3g/LTE)
    How Dumb is that?

Anyways, Wifi now always on even with stamina mode on.

Thanks for all who listened and threw suggestions!

Thanks