[SOLVED] Xiaomi Mi 9 stuck in fastboot mod

Search This thread

tom1909

Oct 12, 2019
Hello everyone!

I have a huge problem with my Mi9 and I need your help.

I tried to install magisk, but once I flashed it any version of magisk (19.3, 20 etc...) the phone was rebooting in recovery mod insted of rebooting normaly. I have the version 10.2.30 PFAEUXM.
I've downloaded this ROM (zip) and extracted it. I then flashed the boot.img file thanks to the command "fastboot flash boot boot.img" but the phone stay stuck in fastboot mod and can't restart anymore! :confused:

I tried to re-flash the entire ROM via "fastboot flash system ROM.zip" but it didn't work. I also tried to flash TWRP-3.3.1-0601 via command "fastboot flash recovery TWRP-3.3.1-0601.7z".

I hope you guys will be able to help me...
Thanks in advance and have a good day.

Last edited:

tom1909

Oct 12, 2019
О_о
Seeing this i must ask how flashed magisk? fastboot flash boot magisk.tgz ?)))) And how you even managed to boot to recovery?

First, thanks for your answer

I tried to flash magisk.zip by TWRP
I tried to reboot in recovery mod by "vol+" + "power" and "adb reboot bootlaoder, but it doesn't work, it is written "error: no devices/emulators found"

"fastboot reboot" reboot my device in fastboot mod. But when i try "adb devices" it's written "List of devices attached"

Last edited:

g_seva

Apr 14, 2019
First, thanks for your answer

I tried to flash magisk.zip by TWRP
I tried to reboot in recovery mod by "vol+" + "power" and "adb reboot bootlaoder, but it doesn't work, it is written "error: no devices/emulators found"

"fastboot reboot" reboot my device in fastboot mod. But when i try "adb devices" it's written "List of devices attached"
By fastboot flash recovery TWRP-3.3.1-0601.7z you flashed twrp in archive i didn't know it even possible :) You must extract the archive and in archive must be file "twrp name".img or recovery.img. Then you can flash TWRP with fastboot flash recovery recovery.img or for example fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-42-cepheus-mauronofrio.img.
If after this you will manage to boot into twrp, you can flash a ROM in TWRP using install option. I don't know what you did before so before flashing ROM wipe cache/dalvik cache and format data all this in TWRP. After flashing ROM you can flash magisk, same as ROM.
If you can't enter TWRP, you must download fastboot ROM, extract it and flash it via Mi flash. Don't use flash all and lock or you will lock your bootloder.

tom1909

Oct 12, 2019
By fastboot flash recovery TWRP-3.3.1-0601.7z you flashed twrp in archive i didn't know it even possible :) You must extract the archive and in archive must be file "twrp name".img or recovery.img. Then you can flash TWRP with fastboot flash recovery recovery.img or for example fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-42-cepheus-mauronofrio.img.
If after this you will manage to boot into twrp, you can flash a ROM in TWRP using install option. I don't know what you did before so before flashing ROM wipe cache/dalvik cache and format data all this in TWRP. After flashing ROM you can flash magisk, same as ROM.
If you can't enter TWRP, you must download fastboot ROM, extract it and flash it via Mi flash. Don't use flash all and lock or you will lock your bootloder.

Unfortunately, I tried to install TWRP-3.3.1-42-cepheus-mauronofrio.img. too but it doesn't work. My phone reboot in fastboot mod. :crying:
I found a fastboot rom but in 10.2.22 not in 10.2.30. I'm going to try with this, and update the rom after.
I'll tell you back soon. Thanks for all.

g_seva

Apr 14, 2019
Unfortunately, I tried to install TWRP-3.3.1-42-cepheus-mauronofrio.img. too but it doesn't work. My phone reboot in fastboot mod. :crying:
I found a fastboot rom but in 10.2.22 not in 10.2.30. I'm going to try with this, and update the rom after.
I'll tell you back soon. Thanks for all.
Have you wiped system? :)

tom1909

Oct 12, 2019

I'm sorry, but I finaly didn't find a link to download the fastboot rom. I only find recovery rom .zip. Can you help me and send me a link pleeease.

g_seva

Apr 14, 2019
Reactions: tom1909

g_seva

Apr 14, 2019
Yes, when my phone rebooted in recovery I tried to wipe system and reflash the rom. It worked but when I reinstalled magisk the bug came back
You sure that you reinstalled ROM after wiping system? Because if you just wiped system and flashed magisk that's the problem :) You must flash a ROM after wiping system without reboot or you will stuck in fastboot after reboot :) And there is no need in system wipe, don't touch it :)

tom1909

Oct 12, 2019
Download Mi Flash tool pro: https://jumpmobile.ru/download/miflashpro-3-3-1212-88/?wpdmdl=286&refresh=5da2215f6f9e21570906463
Enter with your account choose "ROM packages", search for your device, and choose one of available fastboot ROMs, tap on copy and paste the download link in browser or download manager.

I tried to flash the fastboot rom 10.2.15 by Miflash and it works ! I upraged this just after :fingers-crossed:
Yes, I remote system just before flash a rom but maybe I forgot.
My problem is solve ! Thanks for all (sorry for my bad english, I'm french)
How can I get my topic "Solved" ?

Cordialy;)

g_seva

Apr 14, 2019
I tried to flash the fastboot rom 10.2.15 by Miflash and it works ! I upraged this just after :fingers-crossed:
Yes, I remote system just before flash a rom but maybe I forgot.
My problem is solve ! Thanks for all (sorry for my bad english, I'm french)
How can I get my topic "Solved" ?

Cordialy;)
Just add to the thread name [SOLVED]. Edit first post and then you can edit thread name.
Greetings from Israel.

Reactions: tom1909

ai5g

May 1, 2017
This is maximum stupid. I need the xiaomi flash tool to repair it and the tool wants to verify my telephone number by sending me a code by SMS...

Top Liked Posts