[SOLVED] Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime cannot boot to TWRP

Search This thread

DJsushi123

May 16, 2017
Zvolen
I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime/Pro and my problem is that I cannot boot into recovery using the Power+Volume Up method. When I do so, my phone gets stuck at the Mi boot logo. However, I can boot into recovery when I hold Power+Volume Down (I enter fastboot mode), then I connect my phone to my PC and I use the commands:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img
I don't know if it's normal that my phone restarts automatically and boots into recovery when I hit enter with the last command.
I want to be able to get into recovery using the Power+Volume Up technique. Also, I heard that if I hold the Volume Up key when I reboot from fastboot will open a window with an option to disable stock recovery replacement. This also doesn't work and gets me to the stuck screen with the Mi boot logo.
Is there anything I can do to open TWRP using the Power+Volume Up method?

Modest Mind

Dec 10, 2016
Prishtina
I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime/Pro and my problem is that I cannot boot into recovery using the Power+Volume Up method.

Switch off the phone and wait for 10sec. After that hold together Volume Up + Volume Down + Power and wait (i guess 5-15sec) until you see recovery.

Last edited:

SAFI_AFRIDI

Jan 14, 2015
Peshawar
www.youtube.com
I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime/Pro and my problem is that I cannot boot into recovery using the Power+Volume Up method. When I do so, my phone gets stuck at the Mi boot logo. However, I can boot into recovery when I hold Power+Volume Down (I enter fastboot mode), then I connect my phone to my PC and I use the commands:
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img
I don't know if it's normal that my phone restarts automatically and boots into recovery when I hit enter with the last command.
I want to be able to get into recovery using the Power+Volume Up technique. Also, I heard that if I hold the Volume Up key when I reboot from fastboot will open a window with an option to disable stock recovery replacement. This also doesn't work and gets me to the stuck screen with the Mi boot logo.

Fastboot reboot recovery

DJsushi123

May 16, 2017
Zvolen
Fastboot reboot recovery

Hello,

thanks for your response. I don't know if you actually read my post, but my phone reboots after the command
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img
and then it directly boots into TWRP. So getting into TWRP isn't that much of a problem here. I wanted to get into recovery without a PC and without using any of these commands.
Also, please try to describe the procedure more precisely next time because typing out just one command that isn't even surrounded in
Code:
 quotes...
Thank you.

SAFI_AFRIDI

Jan 14, 2015
Peshawar
www.youtube.com
Hello,

thanks for your response. I don't know if you actually read my post, but my phone reboots after the command
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img
and then it directly boots into TWRP. So getting into TWRP isn't that much of a problem here. I wanted to get into recovery without a PC and without using any of these commands.
Also, please try to describe the procedure more precisely next time because typing out just one command that isn't even surrounded in
Code:
 quotes...
Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Ok then just go to settings and then system update and then click on the menu and reboot in recovery

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-17-02-06-52-587_com.android.updater.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-17-02-06-52-587_com.android.updater.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 1,454
Reactions: DJsushi123

DJsushi123

May 16, 2017
Zvolen
Ok then just go to settings and then system update and then click on the menu and reboot in recovery

Hello,

thank you for your answer. One thing I forgot to mention is that I use a custom OS too (MoKee ROM) with Android 6.0.1. Although this has an option for 'Advanced reboot' where you can reboot to recovery, this option always got me to the Mi boot logo and stays stuck there.
Also, I already fixed this problem by holding Power+Volume Up+Volume Down at the same time.

Best regards,

DJsushi

Apr 21, 2017
Just flash this fix markw_fix_twrp_reboot.zip

Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img

Just flash markw_fix_twrp_reboot.zip it will fix the problem
link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8e8UmTAapESVU1xdjFfeS11cEk/view

[email protected]

Jun 26, 2015
Any to remove pattern lock widout loosing data.... Non rooted... No google or mi account details... Read q&a thread for details.. help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime/Pro and my problem is that I cannot boot into recovery using the Power+Volume Up method.

Switch off the phone and wait for 10sec. After that hold together Volume Up + Volume Down + Power and wait (i guess 5-15sec) until you see recovery.
    Hello,

Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img
    Code:
     quotes...
    Thank you.[/QUOTE]