[Solved] Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro hard brick

Search This thread

Angry Unlocker

Nov 26, 2019
I tried unsuccessfully to install TWRP on a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro.
These are the steps I took:
  1. Unlock the bootloader with MiUnlock.
  2. Downloaded Fastboot.
  3. Copied this CFW TWRP inside the Fastboot folder.
  4. Downloaded these two files and copied inside the Fastboot folder.
  5. fastboot flash preloader preloader_begonia.bin
  6. fastboot flash lk lk.img
  7. fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0-begonia_UNOFFICIAL.img
  8. fastboot reboot
And the result is that it no longer turns on. It also fails neither to enter the Fastboot screen, nor in that of recovery.
Windows no longer sees the device, so I can't interact in any way even with the folders inside the phone memory. Finally it is not even seen by Xiaomi Flash Tool (wanting to try to reinstall the official ROM).
The phone, immediately after unlocking it with the Xiaomi tool, had MIUI 12. I don't know which Android mounted (my fault), but I proceeded the same, without doing a downgrade, since in a discussion here on the forum it seemed that it could work same, even without downgrading to Android 9.
Is there any way to fix?
Maybe using Linux, you might be able to interact with the phone memory even if it is turned off / bricked?

Last edited:

Angry Unlocker

Nov 26, 2019
Solution

Without hoping in the least, I solved it by following this video step-by-step.
I thank the author of this video a million times.

For anyone who was reading and needed it, there is no need to open the phone, remove the battery, connect various wires... You can do everything from software with a couple of clicks, even if the phone does not seem to want to connect absolutely to the PC.
Follow the linked video, it's very simple and you will save a lot of money!

kingsemperor

Nov 14, 2018
Only if you have flashed it with a CFW

Without hoping in the least, I solved it by following this video step-by-step.
I thank the author of this video a million times.

For anyone who was reading and needed it, there is no need to open the phone, remove the battery, connect various wires... You can do everything from software with a couple of clicks, even if the phone does not seem to want to connect absolutely to the PC.
Follow the linked video, it's very simple and you will save a lot of money!

Good for CFW, but if you are on a official MIUI and you've hardbricked it then you have to through an authorised Xiaomi account, in other words, it is a "payable flash" that you have to perform.

chumpokemon

Jun 15, 2020
Estado de México
I had the same problem

Months ago I tried to install a stock ROM prior to the latest version installed, I got a brick exactly like the one you have, I didn't know who to go with until days ago, in a group on Telegram.
There is a group where a boy from Spain helped me with his authorized account for € 30, if you want to contact him I will leave you the link of the group.

https: //t.me /edlauth
(I put spaces for it to allow me to post the answer)

Angry Unlocker

Nov 26, 2019
Thanks for your answers!

Good for CFW, but if you are on a official MIUI and you've hardbricked it then you have to through an authorised Xiaomi account, in other words, it is a "payable flash" that you have to perform.
I am not quite clear what you mean exactly, but I, before proceeding with trying to flash a custom ROM, I had connected my original Xiaomi account to the device in question and also had requested the unlocking of the bootloader through the appropriate Xiaomi software (and I finally waited the time indicated by them, before proceeding). So on my Note 8 Pro there was actually the original / official MIUI updated to the latest version and I didn't need to proceed with a payment of any kind following that tutorial.

Months ago I tried to install a stock ROM prior to the latest version installed, I got a brick exactly like the one you have, I didn't know who to go with until days ago, in a group on Telegram.
There is a group where a boy from Spain helped me with his authorized account for € 30, if you want to contact him I will leave you the link of the group.

https: //t.me /edlauth
(I put spaces for it to allow me to post the answer)
Thanks for your suggestion, but I have already solved it by following precisely that video. :)

Perike

Aug 15, 2019
Redmi Note 8 Pro
How could I unlock the bootloader with the device bricked?

I has been trying a to unlock bootloader with MiUnlock but doesn't work. Is there any other way to unlock the bootloader with the bricked device?