[SOLVED]Xperia L Drivers And ADB Problems

Search This thread

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
Oh sorry If I wasn't clear i'm trying to unlock my bootloader so i could upgrade ny Android from 4.2.2 to higher with a Flash recovery on my Xperia l and i tried to do it a year and a bit more ago but didn't succeed and thought I would have bigger chance now but no and then I turned to this forum and asked for help here after many threads from all over the world
I'm willing to Skype if I need with any of you just to get it done, if you guys want then I'm up, if you don't wanna then I'm okay reading and try and understand myself whatever you will write.
So the thing I needed help with at first is boot unlocking

*#*#7378423#*#*

Dail his and check if your device supports bootloader unlock.
Send me. a screen shot of that.

South Prim

Aug 28, 2016
I tried but I can't upload a picture but believe me when I say it says:
Rooting status:
bootloader unlock allowed

South Prim

Aug 28, 2016
the picture

bootloader.jpg

Last edited:

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6

Boot your phone in bootloader mode and then in fastboot mode

Power off
disconnect from PC
Press voulme up and connect to the PC
Drivers will install. Use first post for drivers zip

Power off
disconnect from PC
Press voulme down and connect to the PC

Unlock bootloader here by step to step guide
http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/unlock-yourboot-loader/

South Prim

Aug 28, 2016
To do the first thing you wrote do I do it with quick boot app?

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

How do I boot my phone in bootload mode?
I probably know the rest I do it using fladhtool but the first thing may be the only.u have to explain

I've just realized bootloader mode to fastboot mode that the title, right?

South Prim

Aug 28, 2016
i don't know why but my laptop just seem to pick up 1 of the drivers either adb or fastboot
when i do fastboot devices it shows up with numbers and letters

and just a few minutes from writing this adb showed my device on the list

thought this would maybe help you help me do this

so i guess i got all the drivers installed and everything since i got have any yellow triangle or anything and even used android sdk to install google driver and the drivers for my phone but 1 thing i didn't install was android 4.2.2 thing if i needed but i don't, that could be the only thing i needed, maybe?

South Prim

Aug 28, 2016
Boot your phone in bootloader mode and then in fastboot mode

Power off
disconnect from PC
Press voulme up and connect to the PC

Power off
disconnect from PC
Press voulme down and connect to the PC

Unlock bootloader here by step to step guide
http://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/unlock-yourboot-loader/

Am i in the wrong thread? Cause it says my phone got adb drivers but when I type adb devices in the command prompt it doesn't show up except for once that happened last night.

Is there a way we could talk privately on the week end? And you could help me all in one go if you're not busy, like using Skype? That would be much easier because there I can share screen and we could talk at the same time.

Last edited:

South Prim

Aug 28, 2016

South Prim

Aug 28, 2016
The
?
I suppose I would not be able to skype but maybe when I am free we can do team viewer. so that can be great!

Good luck

why not Skype? Never used team viewer more than 5 minutes for testing, but I'm up for that as long as I don't have to pay for anything with it.

Just tell me time and day. And I hope we can communicate with team viewer using some kind of a message thing. And I'll be there.

And can we do it this week end maybe?

Last edited:

Hnk1

Dec 23, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
OnePlus 5
Moto G6
The

why not Skype? Never used team viewer more than 5 minutes for testing, but I'm up for that as long as I don't have to pay for anything with it.

Just tell me time and day. And I hope we can communicate with team viewer using some kind of a message thing. And I'll be there.

And can we do it this week end maybe?

I am suppose to be free later today about 8:30/9;00 am till next two hours according to the UK time. Team viewer would be more feasible so get that ready!

South Prim

Aug 28, 2016
I am suppose to be free later today about 8:30/9;00 am till next two hours according to the UK time. Team viewer would be more feasible so get that ready!

I live in Sweden we do not have PM and am can't you just write in how many hours and minutes from writing your next message?
Oh… just went to time converter 9 am was 2 hours ago is it possible to still do it today?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there

I have seen some posts where users are having difficulty connecting Xperia L to their PC or ADB. Therefore, I am writing this guide to help you all.

The guide was prepared using Windows 7 Ultimate but should work with Windows XP and Windows 8.

Firstly, Sony uses a different driver for their Xperia devices and therefore, sometimes you are unable to install drivers for your devices especially for ADB commands.

IF YOU ARE LUCKY
    There are few ways to get around to install drivers for your device. The most convenient and easy is you plug in your device and wait for automatic detection of your device. Make sure you have USB connected as MTP in MY XPERIA in SETTINGS of your phone. The device drivers would be automatically installed by Windows update.

METHOD
    If suppose you can not install your drivers, connect your xperia and then on your PC, go to My computer > Properties>Device Manager.
    You should see an undetected hardware with a yellow exclamation mark over it. Open it and click on update my drivers. Then choose GOOGLE DRIVERS by choosing hard-drive. This should install the drivers for you. If this doesnot work. Try the attachment with the post where the drivers are modified to work with Sony Xperia Devices.
    Follow the same steps but this time choose the attachment folder to search for drivers. It might say, the drivers are not verified. Just Ignore it and carry on installing them. You will need to unzip these files.

IF suppose you do not see any exclamation mark while you connect your xperia. Just go to control panel and add new hardware. Select, I will choose my device and then install from hard-disk. Select the folder where you have unzipped the files and you are good to go. The name of new hardware is not important as windows will read the drivers files and install drivers for Xperia.

This will install all drivers for your device. If there are two or more drivers while installing them. Redo the steps and install all of them individually.

Suppose your ADB still doesnot work, then

FOR ADB DRIVERS :
    Download the ADB Universal Drivers and connect your device. Then hit install. The ADB drivers will be automatically detected and installed.

Further, if these tricks fail, you can delete the unknown driver from your control panel and then try finding it again by using refresh button(scan for new hardware changes) in device manager.

Another trick is to click on unknown drivers and delete them. Connect your phone and restart your phone. Then scan for new hardware in device manager. The drivers should be installed for your device.

If still there are some problems, I will try to help you out.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

DOWNLOAD GOOGLE DRIVERS FOR MTP/ PC ETC
    https://dl-ssl.google.com//android/repository/latest_usb_driver_windows.zip

DOWNLOAD UNIVERSAL ADB DRIVERS HERE :
    http://adbdriver.com/upload/AdbDriverInstaller.exe

UPLOADED FILE : Sony Xperia Drivers for ADB.

UPDATE :
    Use flashtool drivers to install adb/fastboot/flashboot drivers. This is the most simplest and easiest method I have come across lately.

Simply download flashtool

http://www.flashtool.net/index.php

Go to folder where you have downloaded it. Usually C:/flashtool/drivers.

Select the drivers for your particular device. I use universal for all three types of drivers. It is helpful to boot into fastboot/Flashtool before installing the drivers but not necessarily.

Good Luck
    Good work

Hi there

I have seen some posts where users are having difficulty connecting Xperia L to their PC or ADB. Therefore, I am writing this guide to help you all.

The guide was prepared using Windows 7 Ultimate but should work with Windows XP and Windows 8.

Firstly, Sony uses a different driver for their Xperia devices and therefore, sometimes you are unable to install drivers for your devices especially for ADB commands.

IF YOU ARE LUCKY
    There are few ways to get around to install drivers for your device. The most convenient and easy is you plug in your device and wait for automatic detection of your device. Make sure you have USB connected as MTP in MY XPERIA in SETTINGS of your phone. The device drivers would be automatically installed by Windows update.

METHOD
    If suppose you can not install your drivers, connect your xperia and then on your PC, go to My computer > Properties>Device Manager.
    You should see an undetected hardware with a yellow exclamation mark over it. Open it and click on update my drivers. Then choose GOOGLE DRIVERS by choosing hard-drive. This should install the drivers for you. If this doesnot work. Try the attachment with the post where the drivers are modified to work with Sony Xperia Devices.
    Follow the same steps but this time choose the attachment folder to search for drivers. It might say, the drivers are not verified. Just Ignore it and carry on installing them. You will need to unzip these files.

IF suppose you do not see any exclamation mark while you connect your xperia. Just go to control panel and add new hardware. Select, I will choose my device and then install from hard-disk. Select the folder where you have unzipped the files and you are good to go. The name of new hardware is not important as windows will read the drivers files and install drivers for Xperia.

This will install all drivers for your device. If there are two or more drivers while installing them. Redo the steps and install all of them individually.

Suppose your ADB still doesnot work, then

FOR ADB DRIVERS :
    Download the ADB Universal Drivers and connect your device. Then hit install. The ADB drivers will be automatically detected and installed.

Further, if these tricks fail, you can delete the unknown driver from your control panel and then try finding it again by using refresh button(scan for new hardware changes) in device manager.

Another trick is to click on unknown drivers and delete them. Connect your phone and restart your phone. Then scan for new hardware in device manager. The drivers should be installed for your device.

If still there are some problems, I will try to help you out.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

DOWNLOAD GOOGLE DRIVERS FOR MTP/ PC ETC
    https://dl-ssl.google.com//android/repository/latest_usb_driver_windows.zip

DOWNLOAD UNIVERSAL ADB DRIVERS HERE :
    http://adbdriver.com/upload/AdbDriverInstaller.exe

UPLOADED FILE : Sony Xperia Drivers for ADB.

:good: Good work
    I could not install or might be dont know how to install the attached xperia drivers which are in .dll files. Can u explain in detail how can I install it. I've lost root access after upgrade to 4.2.2 . I do really need your help to get back root access and install a valid driver for my device. From C2104

Hi
    well first thing you need to understand is there are three drivers you need to install to make everything work including fastboot , flashboot, and Xperia L storage and SD card.

To install each type of drivers, you must have the phone in that particular state. To install normal drivers (for mass storage and PC companion), if suppose not detected automatically, you need to turn on your phone and then unlock it. Then see if drivers are found or not!
    If the windows give you the error like undetectable device attached, go to my computers and then properties and the device manager and look for any device with an exclamation mark (yellow).
    click on it and then select update drivers and use drivers that have been attached in the first post. (Remember to extract the attachment in a folder)
    Then click on select drivers from hard drive (click manual installation of drivers )
    and locate the folder where you have extracted drivers. This will install drivers!

if you want drivers for flashmode/fastboot, turn off phone and boot into flashmode and then install drivers as I mentioned above.
    I'm quite certain they wouldn't trouble you at all. If you still need help, do not hesitate to ask !
    Good luck

P.S: You will need to enable developers option and select USB debugging to root your device. I hope you are doing that right !

Dude someone needs your help ^
    I just quoted your post so you'd get notified about it.
    Thank you so much ! I only check my notifications so I really appreciate it
    Hi..Thank you so much for getting me back very soon.. I've successfully installed the driver with your your help. But, When I tried to root by using metachopper 1.3 my device did not reboot and start. Now, it just dead and really sad for this. I don't know what shall I do to get my phone back. Yes, I have 4.2.2 update in .ftf file with a flashtool. But, it does not work for me now.. Do you any experience to help me to solve my unwanted problem..Please..

you must boot your phone in fast boot mode. turn off your phone and hold down volume down when you connect it to the PC!

Use flashtool to flash ftf file. you'll need to place ftf file in C:/flashtool/firmwares
    then select the right file for xperia L and just flash ftf.

in flash tool , select flash n then fastboot and then I'll ask you to put your phone in fast boot (use method mentioned above)

good luck !