[Solved][XRC PX5 Oreo] Wifi & bluetooth sometimes not working when waking up.

Search This thread

Timsche2210

Nov 30, 2019
Hey guys,

Got the problem that my Witson PX5 with Android 9 start with wifi on and in 80% after a few minutes it automatically turns off - no chance to reactivate the wifi toggle.
I bought it from the official store at aliexpress and opened a dispute because the can bus adapter did not worked.
After get 80 bucks back I cannot open a second dispute tot solve this problem with the seller.

What are now corrective actions which I can realize?

RegardsTimo

Fratopolis

Jan 25, 2015
Hey guys,

Got the problem that my Witson PX5 with Android 9 start with wifi on and in 80% after a few minutes it automatically turns off - no chance to reactivate the wifi toggle.
I bought it from the official store at aliexpress and opened a dispute because the can bus adapter did not worked.
After get 80 bucks back I cannot open a second dispute tot solve this problem with the seller.

What are now corrective actions which I can realize?

RegardsTimo

How does the device boot. I had this exact issue. Do you have it set to auto sleep in settings>car>extras or turn off after a set time?

sergialess

Aug 27, 2012
Alcalá de Henares
I know that Hal9k's rom as of 3.1 has this fix built into it now. Not sure about Malaysk's.

I've applied it to a stock rom, not a custom one (which is great anyways).
I've never tried Hal9k or Malaysk roms. Are they that good?.

Edit: OK, this is not working all the time. Sometimes the USB host device dissapears and there isn't much you can do. I'm going through further investigation and tests.

Last edited:

Buranax

May 16, 2020
I soldered the gl850g chip to gl852g on my hizpo headunit. Wifi and bt works now. Original problem was I had to reset the headunit ten times to get wifi work.

Kagol

May 4, 2020
I'll join to the conversation. I have XRC MCU with android 8 hal9k now, but previously I had stock Android 8.0. I had the same problem with wifi&bt, so suggesting this thread I removed my GL850G usb hub and replaced with GL852G bought from Aliexpress, but now my wifi&bt totally not work. Maybe I soldered the smd in wrong way, this is my first time soldering smd in practice. Please have someone look at it
roXJshT.jpg

l3pu0Xz.jpg

Now my console prints this error:
FP1hgrc.jpg

Is it caused by problems with my current usb hub?

sean19661

Feb 8, 2011
Trash it
I had the hipzo unit with the same wifi/Bt problem. I sent it back and went with eonon GA2170B never looked back

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Kagol

May 4, 2020
Thank you but I have no money to trash it and buy new one. Today I soldered back my old gl850g usb hub and now wifi, bt and front usb works after the device heats up. So gl852g is not a solution for my case?

EDIT: Software fix (script) for wifi totally not work for me.
EDIT2: The manufacturer of my device claims that only IC ordered from him will works good.
EDIT3: The IC ordered from manufacturer works good.

Last edited:

slytherinz8

Oct 28, 2020
Update,, i saw in youtube that his headunit will loose internet when time isnt correct, am not sure but my time is set right but i still went to settings and changed from gps auto time adjustment to network time adjustment and somehow i get to make net working

rt83

Aug 17, 2010
Hi

I have some china radio with px5 core board
I have same problem no wifi and usbport2 not working...
I looked on mainboard but i dont have this kind of chip (usb host controller)
Mine is using a USX2064-AEZG

Hiw i can root my device without using wireless adb...cuz i dont have wifi rigth now

So i cant use tasker ...

Skrzypol

Dec 21, 2020
PX5 MTCE Malaysk 3.5 (oreo)
Having a problem with the tasker fix, I believe someone from this thread also had it - once added to tasker, while trying to execute it responding with Error 127. Knowing the error as "Command not found" I'm suspecting something is wrong with the sh file with the script, but I cannot identify what exactly. All is done properly along with the steps presented in the middle of this thread. The usb is 1-1 for sure.

Does anybody encountered a similar problem and could guide me on how to solve it?

magick81

Sep 3, 2019
PX5 MTCE Malaysk 3.5 (oreo)
Having a problem with the tasker fix, I believe someone from this thread also had it - once added to tasker, while trying to execute it responding with Error 127. Knowing the error as "Command not found" I'm suspecting something is wrong with the sh file with the script, but I cannot identify what exactly. All is done properly along with the steps presented in the middle of this thread. The usb is 1-1 for sure.

Does anybody encountered a similar problem and could guide me on how to solve it?
Hi there
I'm the guy who was getting error 127 with tasker.
Never got a good answer from anyone I asked about it, but I did find a way to get around the problem. Whenever it boots up with no Bluetooth or wifi I go into tasker, hit the menu with the dots and reboot to recovery. Once in recovery I reboot again and its works. 100% of the time. Good luck

cgigate

Sep 12, 2003
Texas, USA and Toronto,Canada
Went throughout this thread , not get any solution.
I have PX5 (Joying Brand) head unit for few years. the Wi-Fi has problem after every few months after a factory reset.
the system comes back from sleep would not have wi-fi unless doing a cold reboot. I can switch the setting to disable "ACC for sleep" to work around, but every-time to wait few minutes to let system boot up to be able to use it..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Credit for this goes to b-max over at 4pda (original thread here).

First off, I take no responsibility for any damage or problems that may occur while attempting this. I feel this is a pretty low-risk work-around, but nevertheless, you assume all risk after this point.

You need to be running a custom rom with root access, or have a method for whitelisting apps.
    You need the following apps installed on your PX5 unit:
    Tasker
    USB Host Controller

You need to create a script that will virtually un-plug and plug-in the USB host controller.
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh 
    su sh -c 'echo "0"> /sys/bus/usb/devices/[COLOR="Red"]*-*[/COLOR]/authorized' 
    su sh -c 'echo "1"> /sys/bus/usb/devices/[COLOR="Red"]*-*[/COLOR]/authorized' 
    sleep 1 
    su sh -c 'svc wifi disable' 
    sleep 5 
    su sh -c 'svc wifi enable'

That's the script, but we need to find out the ID of our USB host controller (*-*). I don't have enough experience with this issue to know if all the PX5 host controllers share the same ID or not, so until we know this for fact, anybody that attempts this fix should find out for sure. That's where the USB Host Controller app comes in.

Open that app, and tap on the USB tab. You'll be looking at this screen:
    Screenshot_20181119-094909.png

You'll want to find the USB2.0 Hub entry, and make a note of the number to the left of it (1-1, 3-1, etc.) You want to plug that in for *-* in the script above. Odds are yours is 1-1, so we end up with:
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh 
    su sh -c 'echo "0"> /sys/bus/usb/devices/[COLOR="Red"]1-1[/COLOR]/authorized' 
    su sh -c 'echo "1"> /sys/bus/usb/devices/[COLOR="Red"]1-1[/COLOR]/authorized' 
    sleep 1 
    su sh -c 'svc wifi disable' 
    sleep 5 
    su sh -c 'svc wifi enable'

On your computer, create a new text file, and copy the above script into it. Save that file as "usbpower.sh". Make sure to leave off the ".txt" extension. Copy that script to your PX5's internal storage (/storage/emulated/0).

Next, we want to launch Tasker.
    ss1.png

1.) Tap the big plus at the bottom to create a new profile.
    2.) Tap Event
    3.) Tap System
    4.) Tap Intent Received
    5.) Under Action, type the following:
    Code:
    android.intent.action.SCREEN_ON
    6.) Under the two "Cat" entries below, set those to "Default". It should look like this exactly:
    ss2.png

This ensures that the event will run anytime the screen turns on (ie, waking from sleep mode, rebooting, etc.)
    7.)At the top left tap the back arrow. Another box will pop up, tap the plus inside this box to Add New Task. You do not have to name it (click the check mark here).
    8.) Tap the plus icon at the bottom.
    9.) Tap Code
    10.) Tap Run Shell. Under Command, type:
    Code:
    sh /storage/emulated/0/usbpower.sh
    11.) Tap the check box where it says "Use Root". THIS STEP IS CRUCIAL!
    ss3.png

12.) Hit the back arrow at the top left again. At this point, you can tap the play button at the bottom left to test run the script.
    13.) This step is optional, but useful in my opinion.
    1.) Tap "Alert"
    2.) Tap "Flash"
    3.) Under "Text", type "USB host reset in progress..." This will display a toast message when the script fires at boot, just to let you know that everything is running properly. Tap the back arrow in the top left once again.

14.) Tap the back arrow at the top left once again.
    15.) Close out of Tasker, and open it again. It should give you a message about disabling battery optimization. If you've already done this previously, there won't be a popup. I'm not sure if this is mandatory, but these are the steps I followed.

The following must be done if you are running Hal9k's mod. I'm not sure how to implement it using stock or Malaysk's rom. I know Malaysk has some sort of whitelist feature, but I don't know if this is possible on stock.
    1.) Go into "Settings"
    2.) Go into "Car"
    3.) Tap "Mod Settings"
    4.) Tap "Manage Applications"
    5.) Under "Whitelist of applications that do not close when sleep", find and add Tasker.

That's it! If done properly, the usb host controller should reset automatically when waking from sleep. You'll have to wait an extra 5 seconds for wifi connectivity, but it sure beats booting into recovery. Hope this helps someone.
    Refer schematic. USB hub IC is not connected to RTL(md725) BT/WIFI module as is connected directly to the SOM..

Issue is likely to be +5v switching circuit, which also supplies the GL850/852 USB Hub - has anyone traced or tested the 5v supply to the MD725 when the problem happens? Use freeze spray and a hairdryer to assist in testing....

Just to be clear: GL852 USB hub is NOT the problem - I read alot of guessing without valid testing.

Do you have the schematic specifically for the XRC mainboard? If so please share. If not, find it because just saying it is so doesn't make it true. All signs point to the issue being the GL850G USB hub device and here's why:

First contradictory point: Why is this Wifi/BT issue only prevalent on XRC units? If the problem originated from the RTL8723 module itself, you'd see a whole bunch of people talking about this issue. For now, it seems to affect mostly XRC units. That module is widely used on all types of variants.

Second of all, if you've had gone back a bit in the thread, you'd have seen that I asked to probe the voltage supply line when the module is not detected in android and @erkme73 was kind enough to supply proof with pictures that the voltage supply is active and at the right value.

Third you speak of +5V supply, it's 3.3V. Check the schematics.

Fourth, on XRC units at least, listing USB devices when the RTL8723 unit is indeed picked up by Android places the module itself behind a USB 2.0 Hub. Guess which hub it is? Yup the GL850G one.
    I found out about this in the dmesg output of a full boot cycle, sleep and then wake (with the Wifi/Bt module not being detected after wake).
    In the full dmesg output on pastebin, starting at line 734 shows the detection of the problematic USB hub:
    Code:
    [    2.188848] usb 1-1: New USB device found,[COLOR="Blue"] idVendor=05e3, idProduct=0608[/COLOR]
    [    2.188857] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=1, SerialNumber=0
    [    2.188865] usb 1-1: Product: USB2.0 Hub
    [    2.189702] hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found
    [    2.189709] hub found on USB20 port
    [    2.190084] hub 1-1:1.0: 4 ports detected
    VendorId:productId matches the description: https://devicehunt.com/search/type/usb/vendor/05E3/device/0608

Then, right below that, starting line 757, detection of the Realtek Wifi/BT module
    Code:
    [    2.942720] usb 1-1.1: New USB device found,[COLOR="Blue"] idVendor=0bda, idProduct=b720[/COLOR]
    [    2.942728] usb 1-1.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
    [    2.942736] usb 1-1.1: Product: 802.11n WLAN Adapte
    [    2.942743] usb 1-1.1: Manufacturer: Realtek
    In case you're not familiar about USB logical addressing, MD725/RTL8723 device(address 1-1.1) is connected through the hub(1-1).

In the same dmesg output, head unit suspends and wake up (line 2258 in pastebin). You can see starting line 2365 that USB detection starts but surprise surprise, USB hub is found but nothing behind it! This is the thing that made me realize the problem isn't the Wifi/Bt module itself but rather the USB hub.

Fifth, there's a software fix that has been found on 4pda concerning this exact issue. Again, it's mentionned in this very thread, just a couple page back. To put it simply, the fix resets the USB hub after a wake event. Magically, the Wifi/BT unit is picked back up.

To conclude, I'd say a fair amount of testing has been done on this issue.
    The fact that there is a working software fix that bases it's fundation directly on the assumption that the problem originates from the USB hub is proof enough.
    That Hal9k also plans on integrating this software fix in his next ROM..
    That recent reports of people receiving updated XRC boards with GL852G IC instead of GL850 and others being told and shown by sellers that the fix involves desoldering the GL850 IC and replacing it with a GL852 also helps solidify our theory.
    I'd say the USB hub theory is pretty much the real deal here.

I'm not saying the problem isn't caused by temperature. It's most likely that the cold affects the operability of the GL850 device. Probably because colder voltage regulators usually take more time to stabilize their voltage outputs and the GL850 has issue with this. @erkme73 already proved, again in this very thread, that cold units seems to exhibit the issue significantly more often by placing his head unit in a freezer for I don't know how many times.

So to play with your words:
    GL850 USB hub is the problem - I read some guessing without valid testing on your part.
    Well, that's not very promising. I initiated the refund/return process for mine with Amazon. I have about 10 days left before the return window closes. So glad I bought from AZ vs. AliExpress or directly from Seicane.

There's another seller of the PX5 (Hizpo) that is custom fit to my Tundra, but uses the button-less trim. I'm hoping that it doesn't have this issue.

On an aside, I figured out why my APKs wouldn't side-load. Under settings/car/factory defaults/other is a setting called "install apps" which was set to disabled. Switching it to enabled allowed me to install all my favorite 'patched' apks. Unfortunately, the intermittent wifi/BT is a deal breaker. I'm hoping Seicane can come up with a fix/workaround suggestion in the coming days - else, this one is getting picked up by the big brown truck.
    New daylight, and with permission to disassemble, I managed to get a better picture of the wifi/bt module. Unless there are pins underneath the board, it really looks like 8 connections.

I removed the 'core board' and replaced it. No wifi/bt. After third power-cycle it came up.

I really think this is temperature-related. By the 2nd or 3rd reboot, the electronics have warmed up and it starts working. Now I have to wait until it gets back to ambient temp to do more testing. To prove this theory, I've placed it in my freezer. I'll give this a go in about 30 min. If it stop working again, I think that would be pretty conclusive. Will update as I proceed.
    gl852g.jpg

Received the GL852G chip and replaced it. So far no USB drops the last2 days. Looks promising!