[GUIDE] Android 6 SUPERMOD for YT9213AJ, YT9216B, YT9217B, YT9218CH - root, Viper4Android, TWRP, custom UI, brick recovery and more

Search This thread

james28909

Mar 27, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Short answer is - do not attempt this on any unit other than the recommended one. This has nothing to do with what the unit reports in terms of stats, it has to do with the physical memory map addresses which are based on your hardware.
So I need to disassemble and check hardware? Is there a spec sheet or check list of supported hardwares? Any extra information would be fantastic. How would I find the physical memory map addresses? Ill google that lol

Last edited:

james28909

Mar 27, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Short answer is - do not attempt this on any unit other than the recommended one. This has nothing to do with what the unit reports in terms of stats, it has to do with the physical memory map addresses which are based on your hardware.
Well actually I just got the original update for this model. I messaged them about it and they told me to send them a picture of system info and I did that, and they sent me a link to a zip file named "huidao_yt9213aj_ui2_merge-ota-v6.5.zip". Would this be of any help?

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
Well actually I just got the original update for this model. I messaged them about it and they told me to send them a picture of system info and I did that, and they sent me a link to a zip file named "huidao_yt9213aj_ui2_merge-ota-v6.5.zip". Would this be of any help?

Unfortunately it does not. If you want to take the risk, first backup your current system by exporting a full memory dump via Flashtool. Then re-import it to make sure it was successful. After that, try my files and if it bricks the unit, you need to be prepared to run a Test-Point restoration. You have all the info in the OP. Good luck!

focussoft

Viper will improve the sound considerably however the main reason for poor sound quality in this unit is the built in amplifier chip which is YD7388 and is absolute crap. If you have basic soldering skills, replace it with TDA7850 and a 10000 UF 25V capacitor and together with Viper, your unit will sound like a very hi end head unit.
sadly all the 10000uf 25V capacitors i found are 35mm long , i found a 10000uf 16V that is 30mm long and fits in that spot
Where did you find a 25v that is short enough to fit in this radio ?

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
sadly all the 10000uf 25V capacitors i found are 35mm long , i found a 10000uf 16V that is 30mm long and fits in that spot
Where did you find a 25v that is short enough to fit in this radio ?

This is very similar to what I'm using. Recommended dimensions:

Seated Height: max 36 mm
Diameter: max 18 mm

I was able to insert it but had to make a small dent in the case from the inside using a dremel tool. But it definitely fits.

james28909

Mar 27, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Unfortunately it does not. If you want to take the risk, first backup your current system by exporting a full memory dump via Flashtool. Then re-import it to make sure it was successful. After that, try my files and if it bricks the unit, you need to be prepared to run a Test-Point restoration. You have all the info in the OP. Good luck!
I will install this zip file tomorrow and see if it works. If it does then I will feel safer about testing. I should be able to root with majisk or supersu?

Gankuh

Apr 7, 2021
Hola a todos,

Quería compartir contigo este MOD que creé para la unidad principal de Android 8227L_demo, modelo: YT9213AJ con 1 Gb de RAM y 16 Gb de unidad FLASH . Puede usar esto para quitar los ladrillos de su unidad o para instalar completamente el último firmware (agosto de 2020) con un funcionamiento completo:

YT9213AJ_00011_V001_20200806

RAÍZ (SuperSU)
Recuperación TWRP
Viper4Android / Viper4A / ViperFX
Archivo de dispersión (debería funcionar para cualquier dispositivo 8227L YT921xx)
Volcado de memoria completa

Enlace de descarga

Cómo utilizar

1. Descargue el archivo y descomprímalo en el disco duro de su PC
  2. Asegúrese de que los controladores de Mediatek estén instalados correctamente en su PC (consulte esta guía aquí en XDA sobre cómo instalarlos correctamente)
  3. Descargue la versión 5.1824 de FlashTool (o obtendrá errores de transferencia al leer el archivo DRAM o Scatter); si esta versión le da errores, pruebe con otras versiones entre la v5.1736 y la v5.1916
  4. En Flash Tool, 'escriba en la memoria' tanto en el archivo BOOT1 como en el archivo ROM_USER. Necesitará un cable USB-A para esto. Puede descargar esta guía paso a paso que hice (con imágenes) . Durante este paso, asegúrese de que su unidad principal esté completamente desconectada de la batería del automóvil o de cualquier otra fuente de alimentación
  5. Cuando se complete la instalación (la importación puede demorar aproximadamente 20 minutos), reinicie la unidad en el modo de recuperación TWRP (use la aplicación Shutdown que viene preinstalada con el mod) y en TWRP elija "Wipe Cache / Dalvik".
  6. ¡Hecho!

Si está haciendo una recuperación de ladrillos, puede seguir el mismo método con el método Test Point que también se describe completamente aquí en los foros de XDA.

Aquí hay un video que hice en una unidad similar pero con exactamente el mismo mod de software

¡Disfrutar!

ACTUALIZAR Diciembre de 2020

Me ha llamado la atención que algunos de ustedes luchan para que TWRP, ROOT y ViperFX funcionen. Para remediar esto, he reunido los archivos de las unidades YT9213AJ que estaban en el volcado de memoria original, pero esta vez para instalarlos manualmente. Es un proceso muy sencillo y he adjuntado guías paso a paso a las descargas de archivos. Estos pasos asumen que ha logrado instalar el volcado de memoria para empezar. Use los enlaces a continuación para descargar archivos zip que incluyen los archivos y guías correctos y le aconsejo que instale todo en el orden correcto comenzando desde TWRP:

Recuperación TWRP

RAÍZ

ViperFx

Logotipo de arranque personalizado (el del video)

Lanzador de autos (el del video, la interfaz verde, aunque puedes elegir otros colores)

¡Gracias! Y si esta publicación es útil para usted, por favor no olvide darle "Me gusta".

[9213AJ] [YT9213AJ] [V4A] [VIPER4ANDROID] [ViperFX] [ROOT] [TWRP] [8227L]

Hi all,

Wanted to share this MOD with you that I created for 8227L_demo Android Head unit, model: YT9213AJ with 1Gb RAM and 16Gb FLASH drive. You can use this to debrick your unit or to fully install the latest firmware (Aug2020) with fully working:

ROOT (SuperSU)
TWRP Recovery
Scatter file (should work for any 8227L YT921xx device)
Full Memory Dump

Download link

How to use

1. Download the file and unzip it onto you PC hard drive
  2. Make sure Mediatek drivers are correctly installed on your PC (view this guide here on XDA on how to properly install them)
  3. Download FlashTool version 5.1824 (or you will get transfer errors with reading DRAM or Scatter file) - if this version gives you errors, try other versions between v5.1736 and v5.1916
  4. In Flash Tool, 'write to memory' both BOOT1 and ROM_USER file. You will need USB-A cable for this. You can download this step-by-step guide that I made (with pictures). During this step make sure your head unit is completely disconnected from car battery or any other power source
  5. When installation is complete (import can take roughly 20 min), restart the unit in TWRP Recovery mode (use the Shutdown app that came pre-installed with the mod) and in TWRP pick "Wipe Cache / Dalvik".
  6. Done!

If you are doing brick recovery, you can follow the very same method with Test Point method also fully described here on XDA Forums.

Here is a video I made on similar unit but with exactly the same software mod

Enjoy!

UPDATE Dec 2020

It has come to my attention that some of you struggle with getting TWRP, ROOT and ViperFX to work. To remedy this, I have put together the files for YT9213AJ units that were in the original memory dump, but this time to be installed manually. It is a very easy process and I have attached step-by-step guides to the file downloads. These steps assume that you have managed to install the memory dump to begin with. Use the links below to download zip archives that include correct files and guides and I advise you to install everything in the correct order starting from TWRP:

TWRP Recovery

ROOT

ViperFx

Custom Boot Logo

Car Launcher (the one in the video, the green interface, although u can pick other colors)

Thanks! And if this post is helpful to you please don't forget to "like" it.

[9213AJ][YT9213AJ][V4A][VIPER4ANDROID][ViperFX][ROOT][TWRP][8227L]
Hello, good afternoon.
I have a unit with YT9213A and after a lot of headache I have managed to do a memory dump of your firmware.
I'm very happy with it, but as you say in the December update, I'm having trouble installing TWRP.
I download the file and when I try to flash it with TWRP it tells me that "PMT changed the The ROM, it must be downloaded" and that I need to do a "format + downloader", but if I do that, everything is deleted.
Is there a way to embed TWRP in the "user" image or a way to flash it without the flashtool error?
I would appreciate help, I don't know what else to try, thanks

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
Hello, good afternoon.
I have a unit with YT9213A and after a lot of headache I have managed to do a memory dump of your firmware.
I'm very happy with it, but as you say in the December update, I'm having trouble installing TWRP.
I download the file and when I try to flash it with TWRP it tells me that "PMT changed the The ROM, it must be downloaded" and that I need to do a "format + downloader", but if I do that, everything is deleted.
Is there a way to embed TWRP in the "user" image or a way to flash it without the flashtool error?
I would appreciate help, I don't know what else to try, thanks

Sorry to hear you experience difficulties. You shouldn't experience these errors if you successfully imported the memory dump. Please read all the instructions, and make sure that you try different version of Flashtool

Gankuh

Apr 7, 2021
Sorry to hear you experience difficulties. You shouldn't experience these errors if you successfully imported the memory dump. Please read all the instructions, and make sure that you try different version of Flashtool
The ROM is perfect, it just doesn't have root, TWRP or Viper.
When I try to flash TWRP is when the error appears.
I have followed all your instructions, and have tried flashtool 5.18, 5.19 and 5.20.

-I download the TWRP zip file
-I unzip the file
-I select the zip scatter
-I check that recovery is checked
-I hit flash and the error comes up

It seemed the memory dump like difficult and flash TWRP like easy and in the end ...

What am I doing wrong? Thanks

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
The ROM is perfect, it just doesn't have root, TWRP or Viper.
When I try to flash TWRP is when the error appears.
I have followed all your instructions, and have tried flashtool 5.18, 5.19 and 5.20.

-I download the TWRP zip file
-I unzip the file
-I select the zip scatter
-I check that recovery is checked
-I hit flash and the error comes up

It seemed the memory dump like difficult and flash TWRP like easy and in the end ...

What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Try more versions of Flash tool. Put the files C: drive. Make sure scatter file and recovery file are in the same folder. Make sure to run Flash tool as administrator.

I'm assuming you're using the "Download" option in Flash tool and not "Write to memory" as you do when importing the memory dump?

Gankuh

Apr 7, 2021
Try more versions of Flash tool. Put the files C: drive. Make sure scatter file and recovery file are in the same folder. Make sure to run Flash tool as administrator.

I'm assuming you're using the "Download" option in Flash tool and not "Write to memory" as you do when importing the memory dump?
Accomplished! After spending all night testing, and formatting and flashing...
I tried FlashTool 5.2032, 5.1924 and 5.1824.
I happened to try an older version 5.1628 and flashing TWRP without problems!

Regarding what you ask me, I made the memory dump with "write memory" "as stated in the instructions. And the TWRP with Download mode.

In the end I am already root, and I have Viper, so thank you very much for helping me friend!

Reactions: ExtremeMOD

james28909

Mar 27, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Regarding what you ask me, I made the memory dump with "write memory" "as stated in the instructions. And the TWRP with Download mode.

In the end I am already root, and I have Viper, so thank you very much for helping me friend!
I have a yt9213aj, but mine shows 2g in the system info, I have verified on the board, and in settings of the device that it is indeed 1gb. But I cannot get viper to install. No matter what I do, the driver doesn't install. I get the endless loop of "no driver found, please install and then reboot".

I tried installing this rom but it doesn't boot on my device. Either. Does anyoen know of a sure fire way to get viper installed? I am fully rooted with latest magisk and have system as rw

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk

Happy to hear this worked! I personally have about 20 different versions of Flash Tool installed (portable versions) because this is by far the most common problem when facing issues with memory dumps and custom uploads.

Gankuh

Apr 7, 2021
Hi. If you are fully rooted, try to download the Viper file from the first post. It include busy pro and it come with instruccions.
I had no problems with this.

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
I have a yt9213aj, but mine shows 2g in the system info, I have verified on the board, and in settings of the device that it is indeed 1gb. But I cannot get viper to install. No matter what I do, the driver doesn't install. I get the endless loop of "no driver found, please install and then reboot".

I tried installing this rom but it doesn't boot on my device. Either. Does anyoen know of a sure fire way to get viper installed? I am fully rooted with latest magisk and have system as rw

I have had similar challenges with Viper and I'm afraid it might have to do with Magisk. I never got it to work properly. SuperSU is what I use when modding these units. Also make sure to follow the instruction exactly as in the package - to the word. Install software packages in the correct order (not just Viper but supporting packages as well). Aside from that, the 2Gb units might need to have different memory mapping even if they don't have 2Gb physically. This is why I only work with 1Gb units as memory mapping is "hacked" in 2Gb units as yours. Good luck

james28909

Mar 27, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I have had similar challenges with Viper and I'm afraid it might have to do with Magisk. I never got it to work properly. SuperSU is what I use when modding these units. Also make sure to follow the instruction exactly as in the package - to the word. Install software packages in the correct order (not just Viper but supporting packages as well). Aside from that, the 2Gb units might need to have different memory mapping even if they don't have 2Gb physically. This is why I only work with 1Gb units as memory mapping is "hacked" in 2Gb units as yours. Good luck
The 2g is just text buried in the 3rd party seller settings app and I can change it at will by using the magisk module "hidden settings". There are a lot of settings you can change with this actually.

I wanted to use super su but I am unsure how to do it since it doesn't autopatch in twrp. It says unsupported. I tried to look to manually do it, but I am a noob and couldn't figure it out. If you could lend me a hand here and tell me what to do to use super su I would sure appreciate it. I will do and download the v4a in yoru post and try

james28909

Mar 27, 2016
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Nope, driver install failed IO error. Please reboot and try again. This is with your app but magisk root. I have setpolicy 0 and adb remount to make system rw. Didn't install as a priv-app in system either

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
The 2g is just text buried in the 3rd party seller settings app and I can change it at will by using the magisk module "hidden settings". There are a lot of settings you can change with this actually.

I wanted to use super su but I am unsure how to do it since it doesn't autopatch in twrp. It says unsupported. I tried to look to manually do it, but I am a noob and couldn't figure it out. If you could lend me a hand here and tell me what to do to use super su I would sure appreciate it. I will do and download the v4a in yoru post and try

Okay I see, so here is probably the quickest way of getting your unit fully customized (detailed instructions are in the OP):

1. Backup your current unit by means of a Memory Dump
2. Import the same memory dump back to the unit and ensure it works

3. Perform all tasks in OP starting from Memory Dump import but you can probably exclude importing "BOOT1" or "ROM1" as you have a working unit. Only import the large file 14Gb.

Good luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

If you want to greatly improve the way your head unit works, sounds and looks like - you've come to the right place!

Why install this?

With any of these packages you will greatly improve:
    • Stability
    • Speed
    • User Interface
    • Sound tweaking options
    • Customization options

We wanted to share these all-in-one software packages with you, that we put together using various sources as well as our own modifications for Chinese Android Head units with 1Gb RAM and 16Gb FLASH drive, no physical buttons, with screen resolution of 1024x600 px. (It will not work on Tesla-style units):
    • YT9213AJ (with Audio Chip types: TDA, CSC or SCS)
      Fade not working 8227L YT9213.jpg YT9213AJ_00011_V001_20200421.png

• YT9216B & YT9217B (same package)

YT9216B_00002_V004_20200610.png IMG_20210513_234136.png

• YT9218CH

YT9218 System Info.png InkedYT9218CH label_LI (1).jpg

Disclaimer
    We do not create the software itself but rather use research and put together different mods and hacks into one package that includes very user-friendly step-by-step instructions on how to install it all. You will find the links to original posts in the instructions pdf's if credit is due. The software might include smaller changes made by me and has been fully tested in real units.

The Software Packages contain:

• YT9213AJ custom firmware
    • YT9216B/YT9217B custom firmware with split-screen option
    • YT9218CH custom firmware
    • ROOT (SuperSU)
    • TWRP Recovery
    • Viper4Android / Viper4A / ViperFX
    • Custom UI (Car Launcher)
    • Custom Boot Animation

!! TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR SYSTEM INFO AND KERNEL VERSION BEFORE DOING ANYTHING TO YOUR HEAD UNIT !!

!! ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR UNIT BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES TO IT !!

ad pic.png split screen.png EQ.png

DOWNLOAD #1
    YT9213AJ (with audio chip) supermod package & drivers

DOWNLOAD #2
    YT9216B & YT9217B supermod package and drivers

DOWNLOAD #3
    YT9218CH supermod package and drivers

STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE (upgrading from working stock firmware):
    1. DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS, AND INSTALL EVERYTHING IN THE CORRECT ORDER. STEPS 5 AND 6 ARE MOST CRITICAL.

2. Proceed to download the software package for your unit and the drivers package in the same folder

3. It's highly recommended to do these upgrades with your unit connected on your desktop, rather than in the car. Video Guide

4. Install the Mediatek & ADB drivers on your Windows computer. Video Guide - use the same principle for ADB drivers.

5. Backup your current system by exporting a full memory dump. Video Guide

6. Import back your memory dump from step-5 to ensure it fully works. This is how.

7. Install the package. Separate instructions are included in every folder of the downloaded zip file. Follow them by the order.

IF THIS SOFTWARE PACKAGE HAS BRICKED YOUR HEAD UNIT AND YOU HAVE YOUR BACKUP AVAILABLE, follow the steps below:
    1. DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS, AND INSTALL EVERYTHING IN THE CORRECT ORDER.

2. It's highly recommended to do these upgrades with your unit connected on your desktop, rather than in the car. Video Guide

3. Install the Mediatek & ADB drivers on your Windows computer. Video Guide - use the same principle for ADB drivers - (download link is in the video description)

4. Watch this video on Test Point recovery

5. Import back your memory dump. This is how.

6. If successful - try to install the software package again or stay with your original one

IF THIS SOFTWARE PACKAGE HAS BRICKED YOUR HEAD UNIT AND YOU HAVE NO BACKUP AVAILABLE, follow the steps below:
    1. Share the pictures of your System Info and Kernel in this thread and I'll try to help you
    ---------------------------------------

IF YOUR HEAD UNIT HAS PHYSICAL BUTTONS: this software has only been tested on head units with no physical buttons (like volume). Before making any changes, access the CAR SETTINGS -> FACTORY SETTINGS -> ENCODER SETTINGS on your head unit and take a screenshot of the current settings (see example below). After installing the package, go back to these settings and adjust them if needed. If that doesn't help and if you can't successfully re-calibrate the buttons after installing the firmware, restore your backup.

encoder settings.png

** IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO RESTORE YOUR UNIT, PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING IT TO US @ ExtremeMOD, SO WE CAN BUILD MORE MODS AND TUTORIALS

---------------------------------------------------------

This post is being frequently updated and you'll find more guides and mods in our forum signature​

---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks! And if this post is helpful to you please don't forget to "like" it.

[9213AJ][YT9213AJ][V4A][VIPER4ANDROID][ViperFX][ROOT][TWRP][8227L][YT9216B]
    Hello,
    XYAuto just released a new build for 9213A!
    Here is the download link:
    http://file.xygala.com/?dl=11e9beab97f54d9ad64f8be5f2fd7c8a

Does anyone know whats the difference between 9213A and 9213AJ?

Here is the latest version for 9213AJ BTW:
    http://file.xygala.com/?dl=01c3d91a126931efc3b6765179a8af08
    How did you?

How did you install TWRP and Viper? my hu is 2/16..I tried to memory dump your rom but it say invalid lenght..
    [
    QUOTE=iceblue1980;83842081]Hi all,

Wanted to share this MOD with you that I created for 8227L_demo Android Head unit, model: YT9213AJ with 1Gb RAM and 16Gb FLASH drive. You can use this to debrick your unit or to fully install the latest firmware (Aug2020) with fully working:

ROOT (SuperSU)
    TWRP Recovery
    Scatter file (should work for any 8227L YT921xx device)
    Full Memory Dump

Download link

How to use
    1. Download the file and unzip it onto you PC hard drive
    2. Make sure Mediatek drivers are correctly installed on your PC (you can view many guides here on XDA on how to properly install them)
    3. Download FlashTool version 5.1824 (or you will get transfer errors with reading DRAM or Scatter file) - if this version doesn't work try other versions between v5.1736 and v5.1916
    4. In Flash Tool, 'write to memory' both BOOT1 and ROM_USER file (search for instructions on XDA on ow to import memory dump) using the information from "Memory Map.txt" file (shows what memory values to type in when importing in the Flash Tool) and you will need USB-A cable for this. During this step make sure your head unit is completely disconnected from car battery or any other power source
    5. When installation is complete (import can take roughly 20 min), restart the unit in TWRP Recovery mode (use the Shutdown app that came pre-installed with the mod) and in TWRP pick "Wipe Cache / Dalvik".
    6. Done!

If you are doing brick recovery, you can follow the very same method with Test Point method also fully described here on XDA Forums.

Enjoy!

[9213AJ][YT9213AJ][V4A][VIPER4ANDROID][ViperFX][ROOT][TWRP][8227L][/QUOTE]
    what exact brand and model is the hu? serial number would be helpful, also links to where to buy it
    Can you check if this image is latest, can you adapt your image based on this latest image, published on 2nd of November, it shows Android 9.1 and has kernel 4.4

gongban_YT9216BJ_ui1-hw-ota-v6.5.zip

http://file.xygala.com/?dir=uploads/XY公版/9216/9216BJ/Andriod_9.1/外文/横屏/1024X600/UI1_v6.5