• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Some basic questions about the build versioon s6

Search This thread

SaffatBokul

Jul 30, 2013
Dhaka
saffatbokul.com
Hello,

I'm new to samsung smartphones. My s6 model is G920I and build version COF8. CSC is THL. Now I saw on the forums that you cant flash firmware built for other build numbers on a different build number phone. Why is that ? What is conflicting here? I'm just curious to know if its possible to flash any firmware in my device regardless of the build number . Thanks !

PS4AndroidHacker

Jul 11, 2009
Dalton,Ohio
www.facebook.com
This is a VERY basic question. You cannot flash firmware from a different type of S6. I.e. Flashing AT&T firmware on a T-Mobile phone. It will screw up the phone,possibly even brick the phone turning it into a nice expensive paper weight. Stick with the firmware made for your phone,DO NOT try to flash another firmware to you're device that's not made for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Keromi007

Jul 14, 2014
Just like PS4AndroidHacker said, don't flash your Samsung phone when it doesn't have the same buildnumber.
I did it once and my wifi-toggle got stuck in an off-position.
Just like 1080p videos in Youtube or the browser u use, they will stutter and eventually crash your beautyful S6 ;)