Question Some gripes perhaps someone can help with...

Search This thread

lombrozo

Mar 6, 2005
Other than the lack of notifications due to the agreesive app killing, I have these outstanding gripes I'd love some advice on please:

1. Double tap power button - Is it possible to customize the power button at all? Can I launch the torch for example when I double click?

2. Global Search languageS - So far this always shows as Chinese, would love for it to be English...

3. Do Not Disturb light mode on exit - When the phone exits do not disturb it sets the theme to light, I'd prefer it to always stay as dark.

4. In gesture mode I cannot see a way to hide the keyboard - I use Gboard. Also. I really like the stock keyboard, but I cannot figure out how to default it to qwerty English when it shows - it initially shows a split Chinese T9 type keyboard and I have to press a (Chinese) button to switch it every time...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

lombrozo

Mar 6, 2005
I've solved #3 by scheduling DND using Breeno Shortcuts and setting the theme to dark explicitly after turning DND off

Jan 20, 2022
Currently it opens Oppos wallet. I uninstalled that using an adb command, so now it just turns the screen on/off. Holding it down gives you the option to restart/shutdown or use Google Pay (I installed that instead)

Mattycee

Wow there are some major shortfalls I did not know about before ordering. I am probably just going to return it for a refund. Seems like all the messing around is far too hard to get it just to run like I want it to.

I use the Double press to open the camera all the time.

Jan 20, 2022
Yeah, lots of limited functionality. Spent all day on it yesterday removing bloatware and it feels lovely now, but can't change the damn hotkeys... Pain in the bum!

Jan 20, 2022
I can't remember the command. Download APK Extractor and scroll down to wallet to find the package name. Something like 'com.coloros.wallet' or something (it probably won't be that). Then follow this guide on how to uninstall the app:

Reactions: danilos2k

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Other than the lack of notifications due to the agreesive app killing, I have these outstanding gripes I'd love some advice on please:

1. Double tap power button - Is it possible to customize the power button at all? Can I launch the torch for example when I double click?

2. Global Search languageS - So far this always shows as Chinese, would love for it to be English...

3. Do Not Disturb light mode on exit - When the phone exits do not disturb it sets the theme to light, I'd prefer it to always stay as dark.

4. In gesture mode I cannot see a way to hide the keyboard - I use Gboard. Also. I really like the stock keyboard, but I cannot figure out how to default it to qwerty English when it shows - it initially shows a split Chinese T9 type keyboard and I have to press a (Chinese) button to switch it every time...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I can't remember the command. Download APK Extractor and scroll down to wallet to find the package name. Something like 'com.coloros.wallet' or something (it probably won't be that). Then follow this guide on how to uninstall the app:

#4 solved, you can use the back swipe gesture to hide the keyboard