• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

...some ideas and improvements needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

riksan

Feb 10, 2009
Yesterday I received my Gear Fit from Amazon us.

My first impression is not bad but there are still some points that are missing or i didn't found them -->

- They are some standard answers stored that only can send via sms to not accepted calls.
Is it possible to send standard answers to whatsapp/ hangouts or facebook chat?

- Why its not possible to accept a call?

- In Whatsapp no photos are shown ...why not?

- Notification LED ...little point on the screen?

- Touch gestures... three finger tip opens xyz , swipe opens ...

- Training what about fitness training ? only running, bycing, Swimming?

Would be great if custom roms could be done for this device ...i do not expect that Samsung will improve the device that much.

pRo_lama

May 10, 2008
Prague
- They are some standard answers stored that only can send via sms to not accepted calls.
No.

No, because Gear doesn't have mic and I can't imagine why you need to accept call on your Gear, although you have to talk to mobile mic.

Gear is sport watch, not social watch!

For what? Vibration is not enough?

-Would be great if custom roms could be done for this device.
Gear doesn't have OS, so there won't be custom ROM!

Gear are primarily focused on sports and simple notification. If you want more you had to bought Gear 2, Sony SmartWatch 2, LG G Watch or Gear Live. ;)

Reactions: riksan

riksan

Feb 10, 2009
..still needed

No.

No, because Gear doesn't have mic and I can't imagine why you need to accept call on your Gear, although you have to talk to mobile mic.

ok..but if im using headphone with build in mic..why should i take out my phone. Just accept via Gear

ok ...but answering via sms ? if i receive a whatsapp could be very handy to answer in a standard message ...in a meeting maybe?

For what? Vibration is not enough? Vibration is very short

Gear doesn't have OS, so there won't be custom ROM! ok...so gear manager needs some improvement

Gear are primarily focused on sports and simple notification. If you want more you had to bought Gear 2, Sony SmartWatch 2, LG G Watch or Gear Live. ;)

...would be great

AndroidState

Mar 17, 2013
NY
ok..but if im using headphone with build in mic..why should i take out my phone. Just accept via Gear

ok ...but answering via sms ? if i receive a whatsapp could be very handy to answer in a standard message ...in a meeting maybe?

Vibration is very short

ok...so gear manager needs some improvement

1) Download Gear Fit Phone from Google Play. Then go into it and then settings. you can accept the call through the Gear Fit but it will answer on your phone.
2)Whatsapp isn't compatible. Ask the Whatsapp makers to make a SAMSUNG_CUP_ENABLED app so you can answer through your gear fit.
3)If you can't fell a vibration for 2 seconds on your hand your really not sensitive...
4)You can have custom ROM's, Just that it will be very very very light ROM because the Gear Fit has almost no memory, because of that the answers that you can send back to your SMS are from the phone.
The Gear fit has an RTOS, Real Time Operating system, Most of his things are from the phone. All apps that you download from GP like Gear Fit Phone must be on your phone and the Gear must be connected. You will get a option on your phone named App Connect where the apps are.
I hope I helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Vibration is very short

ok...so gear manager needs some improvement

1) Download Gear Fit Phone from Google Play. Then go into it and then settings. you can accept the call through the Gear Fit but it will answer on your phone.
    2)Whatsapp isn't compatible. Ask the Whatsapp makers to make a SAMSUNG_CUP_ENABLED app so you can answer through your gear fit.
    3)If you can't fell a vibration for 2 seconds on your hand your really not sensitive...
    4)You can have custom ROM's, Just that it will be very very very light ROM because the Gear Fit has almost no memory, because of that the answers that you can send back to your SMS are from the phone.
    The Gear fit has an RTOS, Real Time Operating system, Most of his things are from the phone. All apps that you download from GP like Gear Fit Phone must be on your phone and the Gear must be connected. You will get a option on your phone named App Connect where the apps are.
    I hope I helped!
    No.

For what? Vibration is not enough?

-Would be great if custom roms could be done for this device.
    Gear doesn't have OS, so there won't be custom ROM!