• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Some Jelly Bean Questions

Search This thread

convolution

Nov 17, 2010
Vancouver
1. Any overclockable kernels for this OS?
2. Which is better, Nova Launcher Prime or Apex Launcher Pro?
3. Are the 3rd party launchers going to give the same "100% no lag" experience as the stock launcher?
4. What resolution will I effectively be in if I set my dpi to 240 and I get rid of the nav bar?

Reason I am asking is because I don't want to drop money onto an app if I don't know exactly what I will be getting.

Last edited:

skillz9669

Apr 23, 2008
Philadelphia
Not sure off hand
Many people say that apex force closes a lot with jb, Nova runs smooth
3. Are the 3rd party launchers going to give the same "100% no lag" experience as the stock launcher?
I have not noticed any difference using different launchers so I don't think it's the launcher they sped up, its more of a system overhaul.

Reason I am asking is because I don't want to drop money onto an app if I don't know exactly what I will be getting.

and by all means try the free versions first, the prime and pro are not any "faster", they just have more features :)

fredryk

May 27, 2012

1. Franco, that I know of
2. Last I heard, Apex doesn't even work on JB yet, while Nova, which already worked with JB, had an additional preliminary JB update within 24 hours.
3. I have a little bit of lag on Nova(about 10% of what I had on ICS), but 4.1 has only been out for a day. They'll patch it up soon.

fredryk

May 27, 2012
franco doesn't work. It freezes at the Google logo before the boot animation.

You are 100% incorrect. There is an abundance of people reporting use of Franco on JB all over the forums, complete with screenshots.

"207 is awesome! Glad I made the switch! I added the values posted above before anything. Once rascream JB comes out this phone will untouchable. Nexus phones for life!"
"it works perfectly for me...its like a whole new phone with how smooth and fast it is"

If you don't know something for sure, don't act like you do. Why even bother posting if you're just making things up?