Question Some notifications not showing + Google Assistant issue

Search This thread

achalgurnani

Mar 27, 2021
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi There,

I'm running the latest available version of Color OS11 on my OP9Pro in China. So it is the stock OS that came with the device - updated for the latest patch etc.
I have a couple of issues that I'm hoping to get some help with or thoughts on how to fix it.

1. Some apps just don't show any notifications. All notifications are allowed and the apps themselves work fine, but I don't get any notifications at all.
2. Google assistant works, but I can't get 'Hey Google' to work, and in the settings for voice match, it 'not available for this language'. I've looked at other forums and posts on this and followed the instructions and changed the language as suggested but it still doesn't work.
3. The phone automatically switches off 'high performance mode'. After manually turning on this setting, it switches this off automatically at some point. Do you know why that would happen? Is it something that happens when the battery dips under 20%?

Thanks, and apologies if some of this has been covered already, but I wasn't able to find a fix to this.

Cheers,
A

coal686

Senior Moderator / Developer Rel. / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi There,

I'm running the latest available version of Color OS11 on my OP9Pro in China. So it is the stock OS that came with the device - updated for the latest patch etc.
I have a couple of issues that I'm hoping to get some help with or thoughts on how to fix it.

1. Some apps just don't show any notifications. All notifications are allowed and the apps themselves work fine, but I don't get any notifications at all.
2. Google assistant works, but I can't get 'Hey Google' to work, and in the settings for voice match, it 'not available for this language'. I've looked at other forums and posts on this and followed the instructions and changed the language as suggested but it still doesn't work.
3. The phone automatically switches off 'high performance mode'. After manually turning on this setting, it switches this off automatically at some point. Do you know why that would happen? Is it something that happens when the battery dips under 20%?

Thanks, and apologies if some of this has been covered already, but I wasn't able to find a fix to this.

Cheers,
A
I don't have a ton of great answers, but I can commiserate. I've noticed with the latest OTA though that the notifications have been much better. Used to be that Gmail would never tell me when I have a message until I go into the app which defeats the purpose. Now, it gives me notifications in a timely manner.

Something important is to make sure you minimize battery savings in the settings as I think OxygenOS is too overzealous in killing apps. So, I turned off battery optimization to any app I needed notifications from that were acting up: Gmail and calendar were the main ones. Some apps like Facebook gave notifications anyway, so it's really strange as to what apps weren't working and which were.

I'm not sure about the language thing. As for high performance mode, it's likely a battery saving issue. Oneplus really seems to like to throttle things back to save battery (or hide their abysmal battery performance relative to competitors). But I'm not sure on that one.

Reactions: galaxys

achalgurnani

Mar 27, 2021
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks! The high performance toggle is indeed linked with battery levels.

I'm using coloros, not oxygen os as I'm in China. So not sure if coloros is doing the same as OoS, but I have disabled battery optimization for the apps that I want notifications for but don't get it.

Even some notifications in Gmail, outlook are delayed which sometimes defeat the purpose. For example, it game me a reminder at 12:45 for my 12:30 meeting... Haha

HarshaniS

Account currently disabled
Oct 13, 2021
Mumbai
www.quickmobile.in
A missing update could be the culprit if your Reminder notifications aren't coming through. Make sure the app is up to date, and then try Google Reminders again. Clear the app cache data. Clear the cache data for Google Reminders, and then try using the app again.

achalgurnani

Mar 27, 2021
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks, all those apps are up to date, and I'm running the latest version of coloros available for now. hoping that switching to coloros 12 will fix it.

Stupid question - where do I find google reminders.. didn't seem to see it anywhere

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi There,

Cheers,
    A
    I don't have a ton of great answers, but I can commiserate. I've noticed with the latest OTA though that the notifications have been much better. Used to be that Gmail would never tell me when I have a message until I go into the app which defeats the purpose. Now, it gives me notifications in a timely manner.

Something important is to make sure you minimize battery savings in the settings as I think OxygenOS is too overzealous in killing apps. So, I turned off battery optimization to any app I needed notifications from that were acting up: Gmail and calendar were the main ones. Some apps like Facebook gave notifications anyway, so it's really strange as to what apps weren't working and which were.

I'm not sure about the language thing. As for high performance mode, it's likely a battery saving issue. Oneplus really seems to like to throttle things back to save battery (or hide their abysmal battery performance relative to competitors). But I'm not sure on that one.