Search This thread
I really want to install a custom ROM to my Note8, but I want to ask some of you guys some questions so I can decide.

1. Is it worth it?

2. Is there any chance my phone's going to brick?

3. Can my phone get viruses if I installed a Custom ROM?

4. Do I have to root my phone?

5. What are the Pros and Cons?

6. Will I lose some of the phone's functions?

7. Is it easy to install?

8. Can I get back to the original OS if I changed my mind about something?

Thanks!

Danielisko

Jun 29, 2015
1. Yes because stock rom is 9 pie, latest is android 13.
2. If you mod it extremall eg. lucky patcher, lsposed + its modules, games cheater apps, you can probably brick it. in my situation, i installed magisk some modules shamiko, v4a, lsposed, universal safety net fix, and lucky patcher and lp lsposed module, i enabled some checkbox in lucky patcher causing broken /efs partition, null'ed baseband & imei and crashing bluetooth (here solution)
3. Only if you download apk's and modules from malicious sites (for genuine modules or apks, always look for links @ xda forums, or upload apk's to virustotal).
4. You don't have to root your note 8. (if you using banking apps on custom rom you should install magisk and shamiko module)
5. pros: latest android and security change for os (not for vendor), battery life improvements, clean ui. cons: iris not working, one main camera, (for some people) nfc or bluetooth not working, (for me) all works.
6. As you install custom rom you'll hit knox flag, and if you go back to stock rom you won't use samsung pay, health app, secure storage, etc.
7. yes it's easy to install.
8. as point 6.

Reactions: cyanGalaxy

gandyprakoso

Oct 22, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
I really want to install a custom ROM to my Note8, but I want to ask some of you guys some questions so I can decide.

1. Is it worth it?

Thanks!
1. Very worth it because basically you upgrade your old phone its like giving the old a new life..

2. Theres many things that cause bricked. For example: bad rom file, unfinished flashing process, etc. So, before flashing, make sure you flash the correct rom file, make sure to download without any interruption, read the rom whole thread before taking any action.

3. Fo far, im no getting any viruses from any rom that i downloaded from this forum

4. Root or not root its your choice, its not related to the rom itself. Yes some rom has built in root, so read the rom information before taking action

5. Many pros and cons, so make sure you flash the best rom for your device (need research, try and error for this one)

6. Take a samsung note 8 for example, if you flash the non-samsung rom (aosp based rom or other brand rom) you will not get samsung feature for sure. Like knox, or spen, shealth etc will be gone

7. Since you already has custom recovery (TWRP) on your phone, its easy as 1 2 3

8. Yes, you can flash back to original rom if you not comfortable with the new/custom rom with odin

My personal recommended rom for samsung note 8 exynos is:

HADESROM Q v2
Code:
https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-10-hadesrom-q-v1-0-for-exynos-s8-s8-note8-26-12-2020.4208403/page-20#post-85638341

I personally recommend this rom based on my experience with my N950F.. The v3 is better because has an updated feature but in my opinion v2 is more stable than v3 (read both of their changelog for more info).

hope it helps, feel free to ask, gladly to help.. cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: hongthien68

hongthien68

Jan 17, 2015
I'm loading V2, V3 my keyboard is lagging when entering text! Will V2 be any better? thank you!

techdaring

Oct 8, 2010
1. Very worth it because basically you upgrade your old phone its like giving the old a new life..

2. Theres many things that cause bricked. For example: bad rom file, unfinished flashing process, etc. So, before flashing, make sure you flash the correct rom file, make sure to download without any interruption, read the rom whole thread before taking any action.

3. Fo far, im no getting any viruses from any rom that i downloaded from this forum

4. Root or not root its your choice, its not related to the rom itself. Yes some rom has built in root, so read the rom information before taking action

5. Many pros and cons, so make sure you flash the best rom for your device (need research, try and error for this one)

6. Take a samsung note 8 for example, if you flash the non-samsung rom (aosp based rom or other brand rom) you will not get samsung feature for sure. Like knox, or spen, shealth etc will be gone

7. Since you already has custom recovery (TWRP) on your phone, its easy as 1 2 3

8. Yes, you can flash back to original rom if you not comfortable with the new/custom rom with odin

HADESROM Q v2
Code:
https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-10-hadesrom-q-v1-0-for-exynos-s8-s8-note8-26-12-2020.4208403/page-20#post-85638341

I personally recommend this rom based on my experience with my N950F.. The v3 is better because has an updated feature but in my opinion v2 is more stable than v3 (read both of their changelog for more info).

Is there any change that the modder mods the stock ROM and adds some spyware into that ROM to steal users' data?

gandyprakoso

Oct 22, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
Is there any change that the modder mods the stock ROM and adds some spyware into that ROM to steal users' data?
Of course that possibility exists, but most, if not almost all, ROMs posted here will definitely be tested, either by users or other developers. but back to the main topic, here our goal is to optimize our old device.

Besides, if you think about things like that, have you ever thought that big developers like Google or Apple can't or won't steal your data? That's why we as users must secure our personal data regardless of what device or software we use.. always remember what anonymous said "No System Is Safe"

Last edited:
Reactions: techdaring

techdaring

Oct 8, 2010
Of course that possibility exists, but most, if not almost all, ROMs posted here will definitely be tested, either by users or other developers. but back to the main topic, here our goal is to optimize our old device.

Besides, if you think about things like that, have you ever thought that big developers like Google or Apple can't or won't steal your data? That's why we as users must secure our personal data regardless of what device or software we use.. always remember what anonymous said "No System Is Safe"

I know. I didn't talk about privacy. My concern is about stealing input data like my cookie or password.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Yes because stock rom is 9 pie, latest is android 13.
    2. If you mod it extremall eg. lucky patcher, lsposed + its modules, games cheater apps, you can probably brick it. in my situation, i installed magisk some modules shamiko, v4a, lsposed, universal safety net fix, and lucky patcher and lp lsposed module, i enabled some checkbox in lucky patcher causing broken /efs partition, null'ed baseband & imei and crashing bluetooth (here solution)
    3. Only if you download apk's and modules from malicious sites (for genuine modules or apks, always look for links @ xda forums, or upload apk's to virustotal).
    4. You don't have to root your note 8. (if you using banking apps on custom rom you should install magisk and shamiko module)
    5. pros: latest android and security change for os (not for vendor), battery life improvements, clean ui. cons: iris not working, one main camera, (for some people) nfc or bluetooth not working, (for me) all works.
    6. As you install custom rom you'll hit knox flag, and if you go back to stock rom you won't use samsung pay, health app, secure storage, etc.
    7. yes it's easy to install.
    8. as point 6.

1. Is it worth it?

Thanks!

HADESROM Q v2
    Code:

I'm loading V2, V3 my keyboard is lagging when entering text! Will V2 be any better? thank you!

Just try v2, and you'll feel the diference

I know. I didn't talk about privacy. My concern is about stealing input data like my cookie or password.
    about that you can use incognito mode, so theres no input data and or password saved in your device
    try brave browser