Question Some questions about software

Search This thread

tochmi

Mar 29, 2011
Spain
I just fell in love with this phone.
  • I have read in the instruction manual that it has call recording and I would like to confirm that the European model has this function. ANSWER: YES, IT IS AVAILABLE. Thanks to @efkosk and @yakapa40

• I liked the new side button with fingerprint reader. With all the customization that's allowed, could it be set up as an alert slider similar to OnePlus models? ANSWER: MAYBE NOT AVAILABLE, UNTIL SOMEONE MAKES IT POSSIBLE. Thanks to @efkosk

• Calling, messaging and contacts apps are from Asus or Google? ANSWER: YES, IT IS AVAILABLE. Thanks to @yakapa40

• Can the system ZenUI font set to be customized?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: efkosk

efkosk

Nov 21, 2021
I am also very interested in the answers to your questions. I think that one is related to the other. As long as it has a native Google dialer, it will not support call recording in EU. Hopefully, it will include the Asus dialer.

I'm from Slovakia, and I'm expecting the Zenfone9 shipment on August 14. I hope someone will answer us soon :)

update:

I found out directly from the person who reviewed this phone that it should include a call recording function! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tochmi

tochmi

Mar 29, 2011
Spain
También estoy muy interesado en las respuestas a sus preguntas. Creo que uno está relacionado con el otro. Mientras tenga un marcador nativo de Google, no admitirá la grabación de llamadas en la UE. Con suerte, incluirá el marcador Asus.

Soy de Eslovaquia y espero el envío de Zenfone9 el 14 de agosto. Espero que alguien nos responda pronto :)

actualizar:

¡Descubrí directamente de la persona que revisó este teléfono que debería incluir una función de grabación de llamadas! :)
Great news!

tochmi

• Calling, messaging and contacts apps are from Asus or Google?
all my zenfone have call recording ( since zenfone2 )
  • dialer is asus app
  • AsusInCallUI is also in zenfone 9 WW firmware system/priv_app
zenfone 9 priv_app.PNG

efkosk

Nov 21, 2021
back to the question:
  • I liked the new side button with fingerprint reader. With all the customization that's allowed, could it be set up as an alert slider similar to OnePlus models?
I think this will not be possible directly in ZenUI. Maybe some 3rd app can do it, but when I looked at the reviews, they all turned off the fingerprint gestures, because they started them unintentionally.

gnayug

Sep 19, 2012
Taipei
back to the question:
  • I liked the new side button with fingerprint reader. With all the customization that's allowed, could it be set up as an alert slider similar to OnePlus models?
I think this will not be possible directly in ZenUI. Maybe some 3rd app can do it, but when I looked at the reviews, they all turned off the fingerprint gestures, because they started them unintentionally.

Yup, sad to confirm that I had to disable it as well due to too many accidental triggers. Maybe the sensitivity could be adjusted per OTA, we'll see.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just fell in love with this phone.
    • I have read in the instruction manual that it has call recording and I would like to confirm that the European model has this function. ANSWER: YES, IT IS AVAILABLE. Thanks to @efkosk and @yakapa40

• I liked the new side button with fingerprint reader. With all the customization that's allowed, could it be set up as an alert slider similar to OnePlus models? ANSWER: MAYBE NOT AVAILABLE, UNTIL SOMEONE MAKES IT POSSIBLE. Thanks to @efkosk

• Calling, messaging and contacts apps are from Asus or Google? ANSWER: YES, IT IS AVAILABLE. Thanks to @yakapa40

• Can the system ZenUI font set to be customized?
    Thanks!
    I am also very interested in the answers to your questions. I think that one is related to the other. As long as it has a native Google dialer, it will not support call recording in EU. Hopefully, it will include the Asus dialer.

I'm from Slovakia, and I'm expecting the Zenfone9 shipment on August 14. I hope someone will answer us soon :)

update:

I found out directly from the person who reviewed this phone that it should include a call recording function! :)

tochmi

• Calling, messaging and contacts apps are from Asus or Google?
    all my zenfone have call recording ( since zenfone2 )
    • dialer is asus app
    • AsusInCallUI is also in zenfone 9 WW firmware system/priv_app
    zenfone 9 priv_app.PNG
    back to the question:
    back to the question:

Yup, sad to confirm that I had to disable it as well due to too many accidental triggers. Maybe the sensitivity could be adjusted per OTA, we'll see.