Some Shield Tablet ROM's Compatible with the Shield Tablet K1

Search This thread

DroidMahn

Feb 6, 2012
Fresno
I tested Cm 12 and Blisspop. I used the latest TWRP from their website and edited the updater-script when I needed to to get rid of getprop checks. Also flashed multirom and ran the Ubuntu port for it. That being said is the Shield K1 going to get it's own forum?

DroidMahn

Feb 6, 2012
Fresno
Hopefully it means both tablets will get Marshmallow back to back. Nvidia doesn't have any recovery images available for the Shield K1 so here's hoping the OG Shield Tab images work

Evil_Sephiroth

Nov 4, 2010
Italy
Sony Xperia 1 III
Wouldn't they be different because of stylus detection and stuff?

yeah but this is exactly becouse you want to use rom from older tablet...

Nvidia in K1 rom removed all the stylus stuff...

You can use it...but you lack the "only stylus" mode on all tablet and the nvidia lazo capture tool...

With rom from the old shield tablet you get back all these features.

The only one you have but can't use is the possibility to decide what tablet do when you remove the stylus.

I have istalled the old tablet 3.1.1 on my K1 and i have back all the tools and all is working flawlessly

the only difference beetween k1 and normal shield tablet is the stylus slot....nothing more

DarthMaul1

Dec 2, 2015
I need help!

I was wondering if you guys new how to restore back to stock. The reason why is because I tried rooting my nvidia tablet, but it seems twrp doesn't work. I keep getting this "could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer" . I know this is probably not the thread to be asking. But any help would do. Thanks

Evil_Sephiroth

Nov 4, 2010
Italy
Sony Xperia 1 III
Reactions: DarthMaul1

wejgomi

Dec 22, 2011
I was wondering if you guys new how to restore back to stock. The reason why is because I tried rooting my nvidia tablet, but it seems twrp doesn't work. I keep getting this "could not mount /data and unable to find crypto footer" . I know this is probably not the thread to be asking. But any help would do. Thanks

Try "fastboot -w" from bootloader menu, then reboot and re-enter recovery, should work. This will also erase your application data and cache, but since you're already aiming for a factory reset, well..

Reactions: DarthMaul1

DarthMaul1

Dec 2, 2015
Thanks

ok I will try this out.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Try "fastboot -w" from bootloader menu, then reboot and re-enter recovery, should work. This will also erase your application data and cache, but since you're already aiming for a factory reset, well..
Will try this out too.

weiyangbo

Mar 25, 2015
I am planning to buy the shield tablet K1 and I am also concerning about whether k1 can work perfectly with shield tablet's rom.So,I am happy to see your thread.BTW,how to edit the updater-script and k1 can work with shield tablet's TWRP?

Evil_Sephiroth

Nov 4, 2010
Italy
Sony Xperia 1 III
I ordered my k1 yesterday and I'm planning to flash a custom recovery and rom the minute I get my hand on it. Can you make sort of a guide of how you did it on yours? And tell me exactly what you flashed and how? Thanks in advance

there is really no need for this...

Just follow standard tablet guides...
-I istalled adb driver for shield tablet
-I unlocked bootloader like for the old tablet...
-Adb flashed (with minimal ADB is really easy) a recovery image of the old tablet (because I want stylus option that Nvidia removed from K1 tablet)
-Gain root and flashed recovery with windroid universal android toolkit

All of these are in "general" section of Nvidia shield tablet here on XDA

Reactions: afilbit

slyths

Mar 5, 2011
Finally, I've been looking for this for some time now, thanks sir. Now i can finally start tweaking the tablet to my liking.

weiyangbo

Mar 25, 2015
help

I tried to flash tablet's twrp into my new K1,but it cant boot to recovery,just showing nvidia logo.luckily,my K1 can boot from Android system.please help me,I really want to try cm13
=====================================================================
Finally, I solve this problem.Maybe because I have had my K1 OTA updated to Android 6.0 and change something.However I restored my K1 use tablet's image and solve this problem.

Last edited:

Evil_Sephiroth

Nov 4, 2010
Italy
Sony Xperia 1 III
I tried to flash tablet's twrp into my new K1,but it cant boot to recovery,just showing nvidia logo.luckily,my K1 can boot from Android system.please help me,I really want to try cm13
=====================================================================
Finally, I solve this problem.Maybe because I have had my K1 OTA updated to Android 6.0 and change something.However I restored my K1 use tablet's image and solve this problem.

yeah no recovery at the moment for 6.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wouldn't they be different because of stylus detection and stuff?

yeah but this is exactly becouse you want to use rom from older tablet...

Nvidia in K1 rom removed all the stylus stuff...

You can use it...but you lack the "only stylus" mode on all tablet and the nvidia lazo capture tool...

With rom from the old shield tablet you get back all these features.

The only one you have but can't use is the possibility to decide what tablet do when you remove the stylus.

I have istalled the old tablet 3.1.1 on my K1 and i have back all the tools and all is working flawlessly

the only difference beetween k1 and normal shield tablet is the stylus slot....nothing more
    I tested Cm 12 and Blisspop. I used the latest TWRP from their website and edited the updater-script when I needed to to get rid of getprop checks. Also flashed multirom and ran the Ubuntu port for it. That being said is the Shield K1 going to get it's own forum?

http://xdaforums.com/shield-tablet/general/stock-recovery-images-ota-library-guides-t2988881

this

I ordered my k1 yesterday and I'm planning to flash a custom recovery and rom the minute I get my hand on it. Can you make sort of a guide of how you did it on yours? And tell me exactly what you flashed and how? Thanks in advance

there is really no need for this...

Just follow standard tablet guides...
    -I istalled adb driver for shield tablet
    -I unlocked bootloader like for the old tablet...
    -Adb flashed (with minimal ADB is really easy) a recovery image of the old tablet (because I want stylus option that Nvidia removed from K1 tablet)
    -Gain root and flashed recovery with windroid universal android toolkit

All of these are in "general" section of Nvidia shield tablet here on XDA