• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Some useful 64-bit (aarch64) binaries: busybox, dropbear

Search This thread

tonyb486

Jan 3, 2009
New York
I've got some hastily/hackily compiled binaries for the nexus 9, since some of the other binaries I found wouldn't work on it. Thought I'd share.

Here is busybox (quite a lot of things enabled, it's the default config minus a few things that wouldn't compile); strace; and dropbearmulti (dbclient, dropbear, dropbearkey, and dropbearconvert).

Attachments

• aarch64-binaries.tar.gz
    3.6 MB · Views: 7,908

Cuzz1369

Jan 25, 2013
Kitchener
I found out this info by doing a ton of googling. This is from a Google rep.

" No proprietary binaries are needed for Volantis. The proprietary vendor binaries are on a separate 'vendor' partition, which is flashed with the factory image update, should not change for AOSP development builds (only boot, recovery, and system partitions need to be updated)."

Not sure exactly what to do with that info yet though. Lol

Source:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/1...volantis-but-no-binaries-or-other-images-yet/

Alexandroid99

Mar 24, 2014
Berlin
Would somebody be so kind as to post some instructions on how to install this?

Well I'd say unpack, get the binaries to any easily accessible place like /sdcard .
Then, if the command mount works if you call it via adb shell or Android Terminal Emulator, do this:
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /system
cp /sdcard/busybox /system/xbin/busybox
chmod 755 /system/xbin/busybox
If the mount command does not work, enter TWRP recovery and:
go to Mount->tick system
go back, then enter the file manager under Advanced->File Manager
go to /sdcard/ , tap the busybox file
tap copy
navigate to /system/xbin
tap select
navigate again to /system/xbin
tap busybox
tap "chmod 755"

And you're done. Do the same with the rest of the binaries respectively and you're all set. I think BusyBox updater already includes a 64 arch busybox, so you could also try that.

EDIT: The manual method does NOT include symlinking the applets as individual commands, you would have to do it yourself.

Last edited:

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
u:r:usbhost:s0
Well I'd say unpack, get the binaries to any easily accessible place like /sdcard .
Then, if the command mount works if you call it via adb shell or Android Terminal Emulator, do this:
Code:
go to Mount->tick system
tap copy
navigate to /system/xbin
tap select
tap busybox
tap "chmod 755"

And you're done. Do the same with the rest of the binaries respectively and you're all set. I think BusyBox updater already includes a 64 arch busybox, so you could also try that.

EDIT: The manual method does NOT include symlinking the applets as individual commands, you would have to do it yourself.
busybox --install /system/xbin

Last edited:

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
u:r:usbhost:s0
Or that, but my way is a little more adventurous xD

(to be honest, I didn't know until now that it had that install parameter. I always did it manually. Thx bro. ^^)
Code:
sudo lolz

Code:
[email protected]:/ $ busybox
BusyBox v1.24.0.USBhost (2015-02-04 22:56:38 PST) multi-call binary.
BusyBox is copyrighted by many authors between 1998-2012.
Licensed under GPLv2. See source distribution for detailed
copyright notices.

Usage: busybox [function [arguments]...]
   or: busybox --list[-full]
   or: busybox --install [-s] [DIR] [COLOR="green"]([/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]see here[/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"])[/COLOR]
   or: function [arguments]...

BusyBox is a multi-call binary that combines many common Unix
	utilities into a single executable.  Most people will create a
	link to busybox for each function they wish to use and BusyBox
	will act like whatever it was invoked as.

[email protected]:/ $

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've got some hastily/hackily compiled binaries for the nexus 9, since some of the other binaries I found wouldn't work on it. Thought I'd share.

Here is busybox (quite a lot of things enabled, it's the default config minus a few things that wouldn't compile); strace; and dropbearmulti (dbclient, dropbear, dropbearkey, and dropbearconvert).
    Code:
    go to Mount->tick system
    tap copy
    navigate to /system/xbin
    tap select
    tap busybox
    tap "chmod 755"

busybox --install /system/xbin
    Would somebody be so kind as to post some instructions on how to install this?

Code:
    go to Mount->tick system
    tap copy
    navigate to /system/xbin
    tap select
    tap busybox
    tap "chmod 755"

busybox --iinstall /system/xbin

Or that, but my way is a little more adventurous xD

(to be honest, I didn't know until now that it had that install parameter. I always did it manually. Thx bro. ^^)
    Code:
    sudo lolz