SomeFeaK: would you like me to build the 'crazytests' branch?

Search This thread

facuarmo

Apr 13, 2014
Pilar
Hi all, I'm facuarmo (Facundo Montero), the person behind SomeFeaK. I would simply like to know if someone is interested on the release of a public version of the SomeFeaK kernel with some experimental features that might be harmful and dangerous for the device, I know some people simply buys devices to test them and kill 'em ASAP, and I thought they might have some fun with this.

Some of the features include:

- CPU: up to 2.11 GHz.
- GPU: up to 750 MHz.

Please post your opinion here.

Reactions: taadow1030

CygnusX2

May 3, 2017
Hi friend, my opinion is that even if you manage to reach those frequencies in a stable way, you will not achieve higher performance.
Overclocking is only useful if stability and performance are achieved.
To achieve higher frequencies and higher performance, higher voltage is needed.
As the voltage and frequency increases, the temperature increases, so a better cooling system is needed, otherwise overclocking is useless.
I think the most you can achieve with the stock voltage is CPU 1400 mhz and GPU 450 mhz, you have to check Qualcomm specifications.
Greetings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi friend, my opinion is that even if you manage to reach those frequencies in a stable way, you will not achieve higher performance.
    Overclocking is only useful if stability and performance are achieved.
    To achieve higher frequencies and higher performance, higher voltage is needed.
    As the voltage and frequency increases, the temperature increases, so a better cooling system is needed, otherwise overclocking is useless.
    I think the most you can achieve with the stock voltage is CPU 1400 mhz and GPU 450 mhz, you have to check Qualcomm specifications.
    Greetings.
    Hi all, I'm facuarmo (Facundo Montero), the person behind SomeFeaK. I would simply like to know if someone is interested on the release of a public version of the SomeFeaK kernel with some experimental features that might be harmful and dangerous for the device, I know some people simply buys devices to test them and kill 'em ASAP, and I thought they might have some fun with this.

Some of the features include:

- CPU: up to 2.11 GHz.
    - GPU: up to 750 MHz.

Please post your opinion here.
    I'll definitely give it a test.
    This is my second device, my main is a Pixel XL so don't really care what happens to it unless it doesn't explode and kill me or it catches fire and burns me?