Somehow I broke the update system ANE-LX1

Search This thread

Reditus2

Dec 2, 2008
Colchester
reditusdrago.co.uk
I was trying to install a custom rom and was not aware that you can only unlock the bootloader by paying, which is fine but I can't afford it at the moment but by then I downgraded my rom.
I returned to version 9 on my phone OS and was hoping to get updates afterwards through official updates as I was restoring back to stock but I made a mistake and downloaded and installed ANE-LGRP2-OVS 9.1.0.200 which was not the correct one.

I have tried a few roms, copied to SD card in the dload folder but no matter what I try it keeps failing. No matter what I try downgrades and upgrades won't work anymore.
It seems similar to this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/downgrade-ane-lx3-ane-lgrp2-ovs-pie-to-oreo.3944399/

Everything does seem to work fine on my phone except the update system and google pay is not happy and not enabling contactless (which I use all the time)

Is there anything I can do to fix my dumbness :)

Last edited:

lemon567

Dec 28, 2013
Huawei P20 Lite
How does the dload method fail? Or is it successful in installing a different firmware yet the official update service is still broken?

Have you tried the forced dload method and did a factory reset/wipe data immediately after installation in recovery?

Reditus2

Dec 2, 2008
Colchester
reditusdrago.co.uk
I totally forget to mention on here that I solved it. I managed to get hold of a version 8 stock rom and installed it to the SD card, then it was happy to update itself from there all the way up to current version.

I don't know why it worked at that point as I'm pretty sure I tried that same thing several times before but sometimes there are things I cannot explain, it just randomly worked all of a sudden