Someone can supply the P535 English ROM?

Search This thread

shurilo

Apr 4, 2007
Melbourne
I have a french asus p535
please... could you help me to upgrade in english?
I'm new... and I don't understand your instructions...

where is that cooked rom?? could you give me the url?
from here, #2 , does not matter which one, you just need the autorun.exe from there

What? there are a lot in the asus webpage... what is the correct?

and... is this dangerous?
what happen is something fails? Can I recover my original french rom?

and a last question... is it possible to change to spanish?

thank you !

From official ASUS web site, depends on your location so it will be faster.
Try this :
Code:
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P535
I took the one for Russia, and it does not have any Russian, only english (although I would like to)

It is not dangerous. Can not help with all the rest.

thorolf15

Apr 27, 2007
I've got a ASUS p535 bought in France, I'm living in France too. Gonna try putting the english ROM on it now! What about all the phone settings, you don't have any problems with that?

And what about putting it back to french if I sell it one day, is it possible to find a french ROM, I didn't find any...

I'll let you know how it goes!

AX3L

May 24, 2005
Italy
Hi!
Hi have an Asus P535 ITALIAN....so, i want update it to English.
i have understud HOW change the rom's language, BUT i DON'T understand WHICH rom i can use!!!

The lastest WWE rom that i have found are:

P535_V4315_WWEL_RU

P535_V4315_WWE_TH00

P535_V4315_WWE_MS00

Which one is the "best" ???

Anyways, I can/must install the "P535 Phone Module Firmware V4.5.0" ???

Tnks so much

I have read the specification of each rom....
Thailand and Malaysia version are the SAME, maybe some differences are only in the ExtRom...
anyway i think the i'll use the Malaysia one...and, after, I'll install the "P535 Phone Module Firmware V4.5.0".

Its right???

Tnks again,

Last edited:

thorolf15

Apr 27, 2007
I went for the Mayasia one, it works perfectly!

I didn't install anything else, don't know what "P535 Phone Module Firmware V4.5.0" is..

Guess what I wanna say is that mine works fine, all I did was installing the Malaysia ROM.

Good luck to you! Great phone, you'll enjoy it sooo much more in english :D :D

bugracan

May 14, 2007
People in Turkey are talking about a Free Upgrade for ASUS P535, from Windows Mobile 5 to Windows Mobile 6.

Would you please kindly let me know if you have any knowledge about this free upgrade ? Is it serious or just a gossip ?

bugracan

May 14, 2007
I recently bought one ASUS P535 from China ( Most probably from Hong Kong but also in some places of I see Taiwan. ) and another ASUS P535 from Turkey. So I got two same PDA's. However one is only working on Chinese language and the other is working on English and Turkish language.

I want to update / install English or Turkish language to the Chinese one, as I couldn't understand and speak Chinese. Would you please kindly help me about it ? How can I do it ?

Is there any possiblity to copy the rom of Turkish-English one to Chinese one directly or via a computer ?

Looking forward to the great pleasure of hearing the good news from you soon!

Thanks in advance.

bugracan

May 14, 2007
Sure:
1) Download the sorg p525 cooked rom in the forum thread.
2)Download the p535 ROM.
3)Extract the p535 ROM and the p525 archive
4)Replace in the 535 ROM the autorun.exe by the one in the p525 archive.
5)Put the unlocklangID.exe utility in the same dir as the autorun you just overwrited.
6)Rename GalaxyII.cap to Galaxy.cap and put another copy of galaxyII.cap in the same folder (ie: instead of having just GalaxyII.cap you have the same file twice, named GALAXY.cap and GalaxyII.cap)
7)Put the 535 rom where you replaced the autorun on the SD card.
At this point you should have on your SD card the 2577 folder with autorun and unlocklangid.exe, and in the root, GalaxyII.cap and GALAXY.cap.

8)Insert Card and run the unlocklangdID utility.
9)Run the autorun, it should say the update is ok for your device, click file-update.
10)After you reset the flash utility appears and the device begins flashing, it takes around 5 min.

Thank you so much, it works... :D

alexxmercedes

May 15, 2007
hi !

Anyone tried to put english to a german language ? I want to buy one next week and i want it in english. Do u think i would have any problems ?

thanx in advance

B.R. - Alexx

JJ15k

Apr 14, 2005
there should be no problem switching from german to english, just do like i did.
I am glad my instructions clarified the procedures discovered in the other asus threads.

thorolf15

Apr 27, 2007
I did the update some time ago (French to english) worked great! I've got some minor side effects though, it won't show the number when someone calls me anymore. Has anybody else experienced this? It worked fine when it was still in French.