• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

someone has the persist.img file of the moto g5

Search This thread

rtd4

Jan 31, 2021
Hello everyone who has a clean persist.img after many roms my persist.img is dirty I suffer wifi disconnections of course I have the original full 4G imei but if I delete modemst1 / 2 it leaves it at 0 something that did not happen to me before at least in android 8.1 because I had a clean copy of my persist but unfortunately my HDD got damaged I lost my backup = (

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
This partition is unique to your device - never flash someone else's persist as it will destroy your device.

Go back to the rom where you last had imei - make a backup then restore it if you loose your imei when changing roms.

If you are unable to do this there is a guide to repairing a persist ownership below but I wouldn't know if it would be relevant to your issue. It's about restoring ownership of the persist partition back but it is very long winded

Reactions: sd_shadow

rtd4

Jan 31, 2021
This partition is unique to your device - never flash someone else's persist as it will destroy your device.

Go back to the rom where you last had imei - make a backup then restore it if you loose your imei when changing roms.

If you are unable to do this there is a guide to repairing a persist ownership below but I wouldn't know if it would be relevant to your issue. It's about restoring ownership of the persist partition back but it is very long winded

thanks for answering TheFixItMan I have tried with the g5 plus potter persist.img nothing happens just IMEI at 0 even the fingerprint works and the wifi does not fail but I need a healthy cedric persist to repair my corrupt persist as I said I lost my support I edit the foreign persist with HxD and put my IMEI if I try to restore with foreign IMEI I will waste my time I will only get IMEI at 0

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
thanks for answering TheFixItMan I have tried with the g5 plus potter persist.img nothing happens just IMEI at 0 even the fingerprint works and the wifi does not fail but I need a healthy cedric persist to repair my corrupt persist as I said I lost my support I edit the foreign persist with HxD and put my IMEI if I try to restore with foreign IMEI I will waste my time I will only get IMEI at 0
The thread states you need to be on nougat firmware.

If flashing the last rom that you had imei on doesn't work and you can't repair the persist you will need a motherboard replacement

rtd4

Jan 31, 2021
The thread states you need to be on nougat firmware.

If flashing the last rom that you had imei on doesn't work and you can't repair the persist you will need a motherboard replacement
In nougat it does not work because when deleting modemst1-2 it leaves it at 0 it forces me to use EFS backups instead oreo generates EFS again deleting modemst1-2 but as the persist is dirty it leaves it at 0 being in oreo as I already said. I have my original IMEI thanks to my TWRP backup I only have problems with the wifi the only option is to modify another persist.img of g5 with HxD I put my original IMEI I restore it with TWRP with root explorer I extract the dhob.bin file hosted in \persist\ rfs\msm\mpss\dhob.bin I edit it from PC with HxD I put my imei again I transfer it back to the phone I copy it to \persist \rfs\msm\mpss\dhob.bin obviously repair permission I edit the .sn file hosted in \persist\.sn I edit it from pc with notepad ++ I put my serial number I transfer it back to the phone I copy it to \persist\.sn delete modemst1-2 I will have my imei and wifi repaired

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.