Something Easier than ADB

iloveandroid

Jan 10, 2010
There is something for windows that is way easier ABD, all I know this is only for Windows. Mac users you'll have to download Crossover (http://crossover-mac.en.softonic.com/mac) first then download Droid Explorer

Here's are the features of Droid Explorer
1. Multiple Device Support, Copy and auto-apply update.zip, Copy local files to device
2. Auto detection of connected/disconnected device
3. APK file icon and extended information, Device command shell window
4. Reboot device, Reboot device in to recovery mode, Flash Recovery Image
5. Open files for viewing / execution locally with the default file type executable, Drag & Drop file copy from Explorer
6. Package Manager (Install & Uninstall), No need to mount SD card to access files from computer
7. Access files in other directories besides SD card
8. Display open with dialog to specify what to open a file with
9. Right click APK and Install /Uninstall, Delete files from device
10. Take a Screen Shot, Plugins can register as a component to open files, Open from within Computer

A link to the site:
http://de.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=32271

Download Droid Explorer to Manage Google Android Phone on Windows.

Last edited:

piercedtiger

Sep 19, 2007
Just installed it on my laptop with XP SP3 and it just crashes whenever I try to run it...... :confused:

Edit:

Just downloaded Droid Explorer 0.8.4.3 Beta and that version loads at least.

Last edited:

Fenny

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 28, 2007
Too many noobs in my mind means too many people who don't know what they are doing, or more importantly WHY they are doing it.

While I am relatively new to the android scene, I am certainly not new to *nix, and so I think it is important to understand what you are doing when you customize what is essentially a linux computer with a Java-Based applications platform, and GUI.

It is important to READ before you just go foraging ahead, and this tool makes it much easier for someone who doesn't know what they are doing to do something wrong.

Eimatsu

Jan 20, 2010
@windows user:
it is using microsoft net framework, so you must install one (download free from microsoft.com) to run application.

@author:
I think this is good idea for whom doesnt how to use adb, or hasnt got enough time to understand adb tool.

Please make it better.
Thanks

Last edited:

zaiger

Jul 28, 2010
Boston, Massachusetts
Has anyone had an error message:

"Droid Explorer has stopped working
Windows is checking for a solution to this problem..."

I have Windows 7 Home premium x64 with microsoft .NET 4.0 framework. I tried the x64 and x86 versions, get the same error message with both.

Edit: I installed the beta 0.8.7.2 and it seems to be working fine so far.

Edit Edit: I am having a hell of a time getting it to recognize my phone. I'm using a Windows 7 x64 box, Motorola Droid, I have busybox installed, my drivers are all up to date, .NET 4.0 framework, USB Debugging ticked. Is there anything else I have overlooked?

Last edited: