• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Something That Tracks Battery Usage From Last Charging Session?

Search This thread

utnick

Nov 8, 2009
Texas
My old LG G8X would show battery usage stats from the last charging session vs the Android 12 last 24 hour period. Is there anything that will show battery usage from the last charging session and not only the last 24 hours? AccuBattery doesn't seem to do this and neither does Android 12. If either can do this then please tell me how to configure for that. Thank you.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Accubattery history should show overall charge taken and discharge.
Unless that's another app Android 11/12 killed...

Screenshot_20211124-203028_AccuBattery.jpg

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Did you make it work on the Pixel 6? Tried it and seems to be broken. At least the latest versions.
Yes, I finally did get it to work but it was not as straightforward as it should have been. The version I use is 2.6-382 and you need to run through the adb permissions. Where are you getting stuck?

jaidoe

Sep 4, 2010
Yes, I finally did get it to work but it was not as straightforward as it should have been. The version I use is 2.6-382 and you need to run through the adb permissions. Where are you getting stuck?
I did add the permissions but keep getting the following error (checking the permissions option): STATUS: Failed: Transaction failed on small parcel; remote process probably die

Also, no stats would be retrieved.

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
I did add the permissions but keep getting the following error (checking the permissions option): STATUS: Failed: Transaction failed on small parcel; remote process probably die

Also, no stats would be retrieved.
Trying to remember how I finally got it. I do know that I had to force close and reboot after installation and the adb commands otherwise they would still show as 'needing permissions' or something like that. Even now I still get no stats on the Summary page sometimes but if I go to partial wakelocks or alarms I see stats. It's very iffy although lately it's been fine. (past week) I don't think it's a P6 issue because I had the same thing on my P5. The dev has mentioned that Android has some new security features that inhibit the function and we tried out a few betas to no avail. Then we all went back to the 382 version.

So try a FC and reboot. Plug it in and see if you can get some stats after a few minutes. If you still get permissions errors try redoing the adb commands. Stick with it you'll get it. I really needed to get a handle on battery life so I downloaded AccuBattery and that works pretty well. It just doesn't show you wakelocks or alarms.

Top Liked Posts