Sony Beats Moto to be fastest OEM to deliver Nougat updates.

Search This thread

Satzz

Nov 13, 2014
The king has been dethroned finally. After Lenovo take up, the company's poor design choices on G4 and G4 Plus. Sad, looks like this will be my last Moto phone

Reactions: ssmcrak

doomed151

Dec 5, 2009
That's just one phone..And you can compare with Sony's lineup, it's already way ahead.
I came from the Xperia Z3, while it's great device, you don't want to unlock the bootloader on that thing. Camera quality goes down the drain and there's not a single fully working custom ROM.

Reactions: SoNic67

Satzz

Nov 13, 2014
I came from the Xperia Z3, while it's great device, you don't want to unlock the bootloader on that thing. Camera quality goes down the drain and there's not a single fully working custom ROM.

There's not a single phone out there that has better cam quality than stock.

akka47

Nov 5, 2014
There are plenty. Like our G4 Plus for example, custom ROMs have equal camera quality with stock. Now take a look at the Xperia Z3's camera sample before and after bootloader unlock on the stock ROM.

As someone who flashed CM on my G4, the camera quality deteriorates notably. Much, much more noise.

1chrome

Feb 20, 2016
Bangalore, India
There are plenty. Like our G4 Plus for example, custom ROMs have equal camera quality with stock. Now take a look at the Xperia Z3's camera sample before and after bootloader unlock on the stock ROM.
Im not sure I agree. I think our stock ROM (MM especially) has the best cam quality.

I've tried every custom ROM from the first Slim 6 to RR Nougat and CyanMod 14.1

Nothing has quality that of stock. The devs themselves agree to that bit. I think a lot of it lies in the software processing which seems superior in stock.

And ya the Z3 before/after images is a terror [emoji14]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Satzz

Nov 13, 2014
The point I was trying to make is after Lenovo acquisition, the pace at which Moto operates has gone down drastically. When a custom ROM maker can push updates fast why can't being close to stock experience out do them.

skooter32

Sep 12, 2015
You know a was starting to like moto last year's model was kickass but its a damn shame to say that lenovo s outake and poor decision making that's put me off am out done with moto damn shame.

parth00790

Mar 14, 2016
bro sony is a big mouth company .
3 years ago i spent 18k on sony xperia c and then came to know it will not give any updates after 4.2.2
what the f*** seriously i have spent this much for this .
so i now prefer moto g4 plus .

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using Tapatalk

Satzz

Nov 13, 2014
3 years ago i spent 18k on sony xperia c and then came to know it will not give any updates after 4.2.2

Agreed it was big mouth then. After losing lots of Customer it's finally back on track.

arc4d14n

Oct 4, 2012
CDMX

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using Tapatalk

I also agree on this, last year I bought an Xperia T3, which was born and died with android 4.4.4... so I change back to moto.... but I don't like what Lenovo has made of it

ballmead

Aug 14, 2011
Sydney, Australia
My old LG G5 was awesome for receiving regular updates. It received Nougat weeks ago, my new G4 Plus... not so much.
I'm still waiting for the update, the security version is from May 2016, so it's way behind.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Kookaburra88

Jul 26, 2013
Braunschweig
I could get one plus the best of all phones instead

Yeah pretty much, since they released their second beta of Nougat for their newest device.

Its embarassing that the Android fragmentation wont get better but worse in 2017 and the OEM were not capable of pushing the monthly Android security Updates to their devices as it was intended at least by their customers ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Uhm what? Moto Z already got Nougat a month ago.
    The king has been dethroned finally. After Lenovo take up, the company's poor design choices on G4 and G4 Plus. Sad, looks like this will be my last Moto phone
    That's just one phone..And you can compare with Sony's lineup, it's already way ahead.
    There's not a single phone out there that has better cam quality than stock.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone