Sony Ericsson LiveView™ Issues

Search This thread

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
Got my replacement LiveView, but it seems that the Facebook and Twitter notifications don't work. I attempt to log in but says on my phone an error has occurred please try later on my Facebook app, on Twitter it says incorrect account information. Could not log in despite having both the Facebook and Twitter with the correct user names and passwords. The Facebook and Twitter icons don't show up on the Liveview screen.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yep. Facebook does not support LiveView now. Get custom notifier and then use it. We need to hopefully get a forum for ourselves. Anyone agree to this?

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e running Farrago v2 by vigoos using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Can anyone bump this thread?

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e running Farrago v2 by vigoos using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

pl8715

Dec 20, 2010
Rishton, Lancashire
Yep. Facebook does not support LiveView now. Get custom notifier and then use it. We need to hopefully get a forum for ourselves. Anyone agree to this?

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

I got the custom notifier and that works fine.

Last edited:

pl8715

Dec 20, 2010
Rishton, Lancashire

I do agree we need our own forum. My Liveview works really well and never disconnects.

pl8715

Dec 20, 2010
Rishton, Lancashire
I've spotted another possible bug. I've just reflashed my Galaxy Note N7000 with JB 4.1.1, I connected my LiveView which works fine when it's connected if I get a text message it doesn't clear from my phone. I view the message on the LiveView then go to my phone to open the message for it to clear but it doesn't, it stays as if its an unread message. I turned my Liveview off and did a test and it cleared when I opened it on my phone.

Last edited:

andrewt328

Aug 17, 2010
PLEASE HELP! I just got my live view and my phones blue tooth does not even see the liveview device when it's attempting to be paried... Any suggestions? I have an HTC One S with viper 2.0

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
PLEASE HELP! I just got my live view and my phones blue tooth does not even see the liveview device when it's attempting to be paried... Any suggestions? I have an HTC One S with viper 2.0

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Okay. First long press power button till two leds blink. Then search. For that go to LiveView app, go to manage LiveView and then search for LiveView finally search for it.
If it doesn't work see if your Rom has Bluetooth problems. Still having problem pm me or mail to me at [email protected]

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

I've spotted another possible bug. I've just reflashed my Galaxy Note N7000 with JB 4.1.1, I connected my LiveView which works fine when it's connected if I get a text message it doesn't clear from my phone. I view the message on the LiveView then go to my phone to open the message for it to clear but it doesn't, it stays as if its an unread message. I turned my Liveview off and did a test and it cleared when I opened it on my phone.

You'll have to reset LiveView delete message on phone and then connect

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Have you paired it to your phone? Mine would turn off in seconds if it was disconnected for any reason (which was all the time!) and it wouldn't turn back on unless it was plugged in.
TBH I gave up on it and bought the SmartWatch....4 days without charge and no disconnects :cool:

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

I made LiveView app system and kept it as a constant app by editing in build.prop . Get LiveView superfixer

febbylous

Nov 12, 2011
Bogor Rain City
Hi,

I have X10 mini pro with CM7.1.0 Gintonic.SE Rom and I'm not able to use my LiveView.

I followed all the tricks in this forum and I managed to get some improvments but not good improvments. So I'm able to re-sync without the password, but only if the request is coming from LiveView aplication.
If I use the LiveView right button to re-sync nothing happens. What should I do to have this working again?

Edit: Found something that resolved this issue, it's very strange but it worked :S
"Hook it up to your PC via USB and stick it in DFU mode (from off, hold both the hardware buttons until the USB logo and "DFU" appear on screen). Let it try and find drivers (it won't) and that's it. Hold the power button for about 10 secs until it shuts down and unplug again.
"

Its really works..thanks alot dude..:good:

pl8715

Dec 20, 2010
Rishton, Lancashire
Blimey does anything work on the Live View except text messages? I had Facebook messages Woking the other day but I had to reflash my phone with a different rom.

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
I'd like to know how to get it to display 1/2/2013 UK date format not 2/1/2013 American format.

I couldn't figure out any. How about decompiling the .apk and then tweaking and again repacking?

siyman

Aug 17, 2010
I couldn't figure out any. How about decompiling the .apk and then tweaking and again repacking?

This is firmware depending and we can't do anything about it. Ask Sony for the firmware sources!

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
This is firmware depending and we can't do anything about it. Ask Sony for the firmware sources!

I saw some app on xda in apps section in which icons were modded. LiveView Vanilla

vigoos

Jun 24, 2012
Pune
I saw some app on xda in apps section in which icons were modded. LiveView Vanilla

Can anyone open a free proboards forum for liveview

Sent from my HTC Salsa running Farrago! v2 by vigoos using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2.

miogy

Sep 11, 2008
Alor Star
Make official liveview application stay connected.

I think everybody already know about liveview charm and automateit like what we can read in the previous post. Just want to add that setting with bulletproof the "liveview" application using superchargedv6. The result is quit impressing to me. No connection issue anymore. Really stable. I dont know either it work for other people or not. My phone is xperia play, using official room .62

Already use it for 2 days without issues except when i open some plugin.

samsungerlive

Mar 13, 2013
answer call button

Hello,

is there a chance to answer the phone via liveview? I got my phone in the car plugged in the soundsystem line-in and it would be great to pick up the phone with liveview.

Thanks

Edit: Solved. I made it possible with Tasker.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    liveview cyanogen mod 7 repairing issue

I have found a solution for the repairing problems occurred on my desire HD with cyanogen 7 RC 1.

copy this file with e.g. root explorer to your SD card. edit it with e.g. astro as described below and then copy it back with root explorer. Restart your device.

/data/misc/bluetoothd/[device bt id]/linkkeys

your linkkeys file has to look something like that:

00:1D:BA:DD:8C:57 FF579860A41CD5A627D9D1596526715C 0 4
    00:01:95:08:20:6F 809CC84592E6C1B06AB750170C365812 0 4
    6C:23:B9:9B:4A:85 5AF503E766858EA7916D46C16DD31A34 0 4

The last entry is my liveview.
    I just changed the last two numbers from I think
    -1 0 to 0 4 so that it looks like the other entries.
    The 0 is the linkkey type and the 4 the pin lenght.
    But I don't know what the 0 stands for.
    Have no time for futher research.

I just know that now the liveview automatically reconnects without an annoying pairing prompt.
    (TUTORIAL) - LiveView reconnect issue solved

Fivef, you're genius! :) You actually made this half-incomplete device usable!!!

People, I really think this information should be sicked to the first page, or posted in the FAQ, This simple hack changes everything about LiveView experience! So, I'd like to summarize here all the steps for correcting issues, which, by the way, SHOULD have been corrected by SonyEricsson much earlier. :(

Below is a small guide for turning LiveView from nerve-bending hell spawn to incredibly useful device. Root is required.

(assuming your phone has CM7 or factory Gingerbread - here I'm using HD2 + CM7 2.3.4)
    1) Update LV firmware to the latest one
    2) Install from the market "LiveView Application 1.0.A.0.18" ONLY, do not install "LiveWare Manager"
    3) Install your favorite plugins
    4) Install from the market "Minfree Manager" and set "Secondary server" memory limit to 8 - 10mb (this will help LV App to stay activated all the time)
    5) Insert "LiveView Application 1.0.A.0.18" to ignore list of all automatic task killers like "ES Task Manager" or "Auto memory manager"
    6) Put LV into discovery mode and pair it to your phone. BT window will say "Paired but not connected", that's correct.
    7) Using Root Explorer, apply the incredible patch from Fivef (this seems to be needed only for non-Sense 2.3.x devices - looks like Sense allows LV to connect without confirmation)8) Find in the market & install the BEST Android program I've seen yet - "AutomateIt!"
    9) Create the following rule in this program:
    TRIGGER: BLUETOOTH DEVICE CONNECTED (LIVEVEW)
    ACTION: START APPLICATION (LIVEVIEW)
    Using this incredible program, you can completely control every aspect of your phone's behavior - for example, automatically start PlayerPro and disable WiFi when wired headset is connected, automatically start WiFi when GPS detects that you have entered your home or office (!) and do million other cool things.

By now, LiveView is set to operate completely by itself - no matter, what state is your phone in the moment, just switch the watch "on" and in a second it's connected. No more manual start of LV app, countless disconnects and unnerving connect confirmations. In fact, LV is starting to work better than SE MBW-150 used to work on WM6.5!

I suggest sticking this post to the front page, so that newcomers wouldn't have to search for days (like I had to...)

Best regards,
    Draco.
    i think the problems have vanished with newer phones since the problem was that it has been stopped due to low memory.

I think this is easily fixed by editing the /system/build.prop
    if we have not such line, we need to add this:

# apps to be kept in memory (specified by process name)
    # use with caution, RAM is limited!
    sys.keep_app_1=com.sonyericsson.extras.liveview.launch

and then we must to restore the premissions of build.prop

and the system not stop this app due to low memory. :)
    P.S. Sorry for my english :D
    Partial Fix for LiveView

I found someting you can call partial solution for the disconnecting issue. It performs really well, even 24h without disconnection. That is what I have done:

First of all delete LiveWare Manager, which causes our phones to crash all the time, and gives only one feature in return (shows all available liveview plugins which you can find manualy in the market). Then remove any kind
    of Task Killer etc. Next step is to instal MinfreeManager (keep in mind that it requires root premissions). I recommend using Mild/Agressive preset but you have to change Secondary Server values very low (for example 6mb). By setting Secondary Server values to very low LiveView Application and all of the plugins will be kept alive all the time, which will prevent any disconnections. After this I used this solution http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=9339788&postcount=493 posted by adolfotregosa. Now my LiveView works pretty fine with my SGS running CM 6.1 Nightly. Even if you'll go out of the bluetooth range and then want to reconnect it will happen more or less instantly.

I hope all of LiveView Users will now be able enjoy using this device.
    hi guys
    my fix for htc desire hd (fresh rooted htc rom 1.72.405.3, Radio_12.28g.60.140f_2 6.05.05.27_M3)

so the dhd must be rooted!
    tested from clean install !
    install automateit (1.5.0) from market
    every default, create a task:
    when screen go off, start an application ... the liveview!
    no more trouble from the watch when it try to reconnect !
    been working for 2 days (reconnect without trouble even after a night!)
    before... had to start manually liveview before my watch reconnect

cheers from France!:p
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone