Sony Experia 5Zc Bootloop after trying to Encrypt

Search This thread

arkadione

Jun 28, 2020
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
-flashed TWRP 3.5
-flashed LineageOS 18.1 - worked!
-then tried to encrypt the phone - now stuck in a bootloop

I can get into TWRP and re-flash LineageOS, but it's still stuck in the bootloop.

How do I get the phone working again?

I tried: flashing cache, system, data, internal storage, and calvik but still stuck in the bootloop

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Edit: is this FTF and FlashTool the correct way to fix this? https://techbeasts.com/how-fix-sony-xperia-bootloop-issue-bootloader-unlock/

uncle-sam

Sep 19, 2014
Edit: is this FTF and FlashTool the correct way to fix this? https://techbeasts.com/how-fix-sony-xperia-bootloop-issue-bootloader-unlock/

I used for unlocking in 2015 the xperia flashtool but it doesn't seem to work properly under win10.
Last year I flashed my phone via the Sony flashtool "Emma". If you're using this it will automatically recognize the phone in flashmode and show possible images for download and flash.

It could be hard to get the drivers set up right under win 10. I suggest to do this on an device running win 7 or older. I got it somehow running under win 10 but i can not reproduce how it finally worked. Maybe it works out of the box with Emma. I was struggling with flashtool and finally trying with Emma it worked with my bugged driver setup.

But i don't know if it is possible to get rid of the encryption that way (flashing an original system image) but i am assuming it should work and seems like the last option you have.

Reactions: arkadione

arkadione

Jun 28, 2020
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
But i don't know if it is possible to get rid of the encryption that way (flashing an original system image) but i am assuming it should work and seems like the last option you have.

Thank you! I will try tonight. I only have a Windows 10 system to use ( and lots of linux systems) so I'll just have to try and make it work.

I don't think the encryption actually worked. it just crashed. i didn't realize that the LOS18 rom didn't support encryption, a stupid stupid mistake that is going to cost me lots of time now. note for other newbies: never enable encryption!

thanks for confirming what my next steps should be.

uncle-sam

Sep 19, 2014
Thank you! I will try tonight. I only have a Windows 10 system to use ( and lots of linux systems) so I'll just have to try and make it work.

I don't think the encryption actually worked. it just crashed. i didn't realize that the LOS18 rom didn't support encryption, a stupid stupid mistake that is going to cost me lots of time now. note for other newbies: never enable encryption!

thanks for confirming what my next steps should be.

I wish you good luck! If you get Emma working out of the box please report. This would give me a better feeling about playing around with this phone.

I know there is a Linux version of flashtool. I don't know if it is still supported and possible to get all required packages. I didn't got it running under ubuntu.

arkadione

Jun 28, 2020
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
report so far: not going well

-tried FlashTool 0.33 by Androxyde in Linux (Kubuntu 20.04)
Code:
Error: dl failure on line 534
Error: failed /home/elias/Desktop/FlashTool/x10flasher_native/jre/lib/server/libjvm.so, because /lib/x86_64-linux-
gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32' not found (required by /home/elias/Desktop/FlashTool/x10flasher_native/jre/lib
/server/libjvm.so)
-tried FlashTool 0.30 but when i plug in my phone and put it into flashmode, nothing flashes, and phone reboots after 1 minute back into the bootloop
-now tried through TWRP again: formatted, wiped everything, putting LOS18 back on there and it magically works..crisis averted! I thought about doing this after this person said this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...os-18-1-for-z5c-suzuran.4205135/post-84604389

uncle-sam

Sep 19, 2014
report so far: not going well

-tried FlashTool 0.33 by Androxyde in Linux (Kubuntu 20.04)
Code:
Error: dl failure on line 534
Error: failed /home/elias/Desktop/FlashTool/x10flasher_native/jre/lib/server/libjvm.so, because /lib/x86_64-linux-
gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32' not found (required by /home/elias/Desktop/FlashTool/x10flasher_native/jre/lib
/server/libjvm.so)
-tried FlashTool 0.30 but when i plug in my phone and put it into flashmode, nothing flashes, and phone reboots after 1 minute back into the bootloop
-now tried through TWRP again: formatted, wiped everything, putting LOS18 back on there and it magically works..crisis averted! I thought about doing this after this person said this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...os-18-1-for-z5c-suzuran.4205135/post-84604389

I had the same experience under Windows with the one min reboot. I think this is driver related. I always have this reboots with flashtool. Only with Emma the phone stays in flashmode.

Congratulations. So you don't have to worry about flashtool anymore. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I used for unlocking in 2015 the xperia flashtool but it doesn't seem to work properly under win10.
    Last year I flashed my phone via the Sony flashtool "Emma". If you're using this it will automatically recognize the phone in flashmode and show possible images for download and flash.

It could be hard to get the drivers set up right under win 10. I suggest to do this on an device running win 7 or older. I got it somehow running under win 10 but i can not reproduce how it finally worked. Maybe it works out of the box with Emma. I was struggling with flashtool and finally trying with Emma it worked with my bugged driver setup.

As I've written: It should work! There is absolutely no guarantee!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone