Sony Lifelog on Smartwatch 3?

Search This thread

legend921

Feb 7, 2010
APB: I don't see those new setting features for Lifelogger as your screenshot suggest. I get the basic of LifeLog on or off and profile. My current version is 2.3.A.1.10. How did you get access to that screen? Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance.

billdanos

Mar 1, 2010
Athens
APB: I don't see those new setting features for Lifelogger as your screenshot suggest. I get the basic of LifeLog on or off and profile. My current version is 2.3.A.1.10. How did you get access to that screen? Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance.

Go to Lifelog app, then "Settings" (the 3 dots on the right top corner) and then tap on "Logger" option (not the on/off button, just tap on the word "Logger").

:)

Reactions: Avaren

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
Can anybody explain why Sony Lifelog is worth it?

I think I read it works on non Sony devices but what is wrong with Google App?

I bought the Sony Smartwatch 3 for several reasons,
1) Like to be able to charge without an adapter, in a pinch plug the watch into any mini USB charger
2) Large battery expect more battery life

Maybe not sure,
The display seems to have an ambient light sensor (not sure but it has auto mode)
Built in GPS but I am not sure when or if I will use it ( gets GPS from the phone )

But I am not sure what Lifelog is?
The watch has no heart rate sensor, it counts steps?

Looked on Google play seems to do much but if all you have is a Smartwatch and Oneplus One like I do I can not see how it do more than track steps.

Last edited:

djgodlike

Jun 4, 2009
Can anybody explain why Sony Lifelog is worth it?

I think I read it works on non Sony devices but what is wrong with Google App?

I bought the Sony Smartwatch 3 for several reasons,
1) Like to be able to charge without an adapter, in a pinch plug the watch into any mini USB charger
2) Large battery expect more battery life

Maybe not sure,
The display seems to have an ambient light sensor (not sure but it has auto mode)
Built in GPS but I am not sure when or if I will use it ( gets GPS from the phone )

But I am not sure what Lifelog is?
The watch has no heart rate sensor, it counts steps?

Looked on Google play seems to do much but if all you have is a Smartwatch and Oneplus One like I do I can not see how it do more than track steps.

I've installed lifelog only a week or 2 ago. But i think it can track sleep with the watch. Its a nice app to visualize how many steps you have taken, calories burnt, social stuff used.... and you can set goals.

But i just used it with my phone, I will get my SW3 tomorrow [emoji2] not the metal version though[emoji35]

Send with Tapatalk on Sony Z2

Apb

Aug 5, 2010
testing done

So, last week i did some more checks and tests. Now i need to confirm that lifelog on wear DOES log activity.

what I did:
- turn off tracking settings on phone, turn on tracking on wear device (lifelog tracking settings screen)
- put phone on table.
- walked around
looking back some time later, it did show steps in the hours that the phone was on the table and not moving at all. So it had to have been registered on the watch and synchronised to the lifelog app on the phone.

some stuff i also noticed:
google FIT does not track when not connected to phone
unclear WHEN exactly the syncing happens, seems to be delayed some time(s)
llifelog doesn't do sleep tracking with smart watch
lifelog is not using GPS on smart watch

especially the last two items i would lke to see activated in any updates soon.:)

smudger29uk

Dec 4, 2014
Sleep Logging

Has anyone had any success in recording sleep times in lifelog or do we still need to wait for an update from Sony?

Furtzy

Oct 28, 2012
I got a strange bug with the smartwatch 3 and lifelog app, when i turn of my watch lifelog think that i am running or walking.
This bug **** all my step count and time of the day. But it's not every day, sometimes it work well...
Anybody else notice this bug ?

Apb

Aug 5, 2010
So, last week i did some more checks and tests. Now i need to confirm that lifelog on wear DOES log activity.

what I did:
- turn off tracking settings on phone, turn on tracking on wear device (lifelog tracking settings screen)
- put phone on table.
- walked around
looking back some time later, it did show steps in the hours that the phone was on the table and not moving at all. So it had to have been registered on the watch and synchronised to the lifelog app on the phone.

especially the last two items i would lke to see activated in any updates soon.:)

google made an update to their FIT app, its now supposed to record steps when not connected to the phone...

Apb

Aug 5, 2010

what I did:
- put phone on table.
- walked around

New lifelog update is to use gps on watch now, which indeed works... Not as accurate as gps on phone, but good enough I suppose :good:

Last edited:

-RioT-

Jul 13, 2010

what I did:
- put phone on table.
- walked around

I just installed this app. I do not see it on my Smartwatch 3. I have resynced my apps and rebooted my watch. I still get nothing. Do I have to carry my phone around to use my watch for fitness related things? cause I could have used my phone without buying a 250 dollar watch....

I may just return this and get a fitbit surge at this point. Google wear seems a few years off from being a pipboy :p

Apb

Aug 5, 2010
I just installed this app. I do not see it on my Smartwatch 3. I have resynced my apps and rebooted my watch. I still get nothing. Do I have to carry my phone around to use my watch for fitness related things? cause I could have used my phone without buying a 250 dollar watch....

I may just return this and get a fitbit surge at this point. Google wear seems a few years off from being a pipboy :p

there is nothing you will see unless you have a task manager installed. its a process always running and does its work seamless. the only thing im a bit disappointed by is the GPS tracking when phone is left at home. it takes quite some time to get the fix reconized for lifelog as it seems (i can see in lifelog on phone where it start showing track on the map).

no reason to return your device, its working as described.
i even use a BT head set to listen to music without the phone with me... no issues there.

-RioT-

Jul 13, 2010
by seamless it doesn't track a single step. I'm going to try a little bit more to get it to work but I may end up sending it back if I cant get it working. To many other bands do so much more to use this as a fitness device.

tu3218

Apr 14, 2009
Sony smartwatch, is as the name says, a smartwatch. It just happens to have some extra fitness features. If you're looking strictly for fitness features, get a fitness band. But then you don't get the smartwatch functionality.

Sent from my SM-N910V using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Go to Lifelog app, then "Settings" (the 3 dots on the right top corner) and then tap on "Logger" option (not the on/off button, just tap on the word "Logger").

:)