Sony Lifelog on Smartwatch 3?

Search This thread

deifel

May 22, 2009
Stuttgart
hello,

have since today my SmartWatch 3 and just can not get the Sony Lifelog app to work!
Actually, I should be able to see things from lifelog directly on the Smartwatch, right?
In the Android app I Wear unfortunately not select which app to display with the steps. Here I have only "fit" to choose from.
But other apps make also problems ... So I'm Endomondo Pro user and can not use functions on the SmartWatch, although Endomondo Android Wear supported ... With the free version it's funny enough. I also tried to uninstall and then reinstall ...

Am I doing something wrong? Otherwise, the Smartwatch- so Whatsapp messages etc. will work properly.

Thanks for your help

billdanos

Mar 1, 2010
Athens
hello,

have since today my SmartWatch 3 and just can not get the Sony Lifelog app to work!
Actually, I should be able to see things from lifelog directly on the Smartwatch, right?
In the Android app I Wear unfortunately not select which app to display with the steps. Here I have only "fit" to choose from.
But other apps make also problems ... So I'm Endomondo Pro user and can not use functions on the SmartWatch, although Endomondo Android Wear supported ... With the free version it's funny enough. I also tried to uninstall and then reinstall ...

Am I doing something wrong? Otherwise, the Smartwatch- so Whatsapp messages etc. will work properly.

Thanks for your help

There is no support yet for sw3 from lifelog. We are waiting for an update... :)

Apb

Aug 5, 2010
What the f, sony support tells me "not a known issue" go try a other watch at the shop..
. Useless pricks :D

Good to know im not the only one struggling (hate being loner :p)

XorZone

Jan 19, 2009
Walnut Creek, CA
Well, that's fail on their end, one thing lifelog is not ready to be used with swr50, but they even have following sentence in description:
Description

To best enjoy SmartWear Experience, Sony asks that your device is running Android 4.4; KitKat, has support for Bluetooth®4.0 Low Energy and that you are using Sony SmartWear apparel - SmartBand, SmartBand Talk or SmartWatch 3

Apb

Aug 5, 2010
Exactly my thoughts, quite a big fail. Also product description on the sonymobile states about synchronise with lifelog after workout. One of the main reasons to replacevthe swr10/sw1 combination with swr50 for me

XorZone

Jan 19, 2009
Walnut Creek, CA
Just checked lifelog apk and there is no android wear micro app in it, so no doubts we cannot find it on the watch.
I bet band talk was easier as it runs their own software and with sw 3 they will have to re-implement it from scratch (e.g. I hope they will use Google Fit api)

billdanos

Mar 1, 2010
Athens
Thats the answer from "Sony Mobile Communications" on my comment in PlayStore about LifeLog support for SWR50:

"Hi Bill. We would advise checking for any new updates available for the application via the Play Store to ensure you have the newest version of the application which is able to be downloaded to your device."

Just ...LOL!

Bojanglez

May 21, 2010
I was amazed when I got my watch loaded up Android Wear and didn't see Lifelog as an option under any of the commands. The app itself makes no mention of it, nor does any instruction manual (not that the watch really had one).

It is crazy though that the advertising on the website, the sticker on the watch itself and the box all mention Lifelog, yet it does not actually work (yet).

I have been pestering @sonyuK on Twitter who told me to ask @SonyXperiagb.

I asked....

why does the Smartwatch 3 not support the Lifelog app as advertised? It's a great watch but this seems like a major oversight

They responded...

what exactly happens when trying to use the application with the Smartwatch 3?

They clearly have no idea about the products they are marketing.

Apb

Aug 5, 2010
Its there!!! Spotted in play store

Support for smartwatch 3 is mentioned as new feature...

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

30 minutes later, still dont see any recorded step appearing in lifelog..
Dont get it...seen some crashes on the watch for Fit process....

Might consider full reset of watch atm

Bojanglez

May 21, 2010
Its there!!! Spotted in play store

Support for smartwatch 3 is mentioned as new feature...

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

30 minutes later, still dont see any recorded step appearing in lifelog..
Dont get it...seen some crashes on the watch for Fit process....

Might consider full reset of watch atm

Yeah I have updated and it is not detected in Android Wear App as an option for any command, nor is there any option in LifeLog to connect the phone. This is bollocks.

Apb

Aug 5, 2010
Yeah I have updated and it is not detected in Android Wear App as an option for any command, nor is there any option in LifeLog to connect the phone. This is bollocks.

to be honest, i suspect it has to show up on Fit, settings, connected apps or something. However it is empty. When selecting 'all apps' overthere, lifelog does show with some permissions. Just somehow it is not enough to get Fit data into Lifelog....
anyone any ideas?

Apb

Aug 5, 2010
to be honest, i suspect it has to show up on Fit, settings, connected apps or something. However it is empty. When selecting 'all apps' overthere, lifelog does show with some permissions. Just somehow it is not enough to get Fit data into Lifelog....
anyone any ideas?
have to reconsider my statement. After installing runkeerper, it partly confirms my thoughts. It does require to link the apps , but runkeeper shows up as app to start and use on the watch. So with that , the lifelog is not complete as it is now. (did not do a reset yet, thats my next step now :))

nCoder

Mar 22, 2006
Dublin
Today saw an update in play store that says it supports the SSW3... But I don't see it in my sw ?

Idalvar

Nov 15, 2014
Same here, they should get their act together, this is false advertisement !

Last edited:

Mochs

Oct 2, 2014
task named "lifelog"

On my smartwatch 3 I have "Advanced Wear Task Killer". There is a task named lifelog.
So I think the update changed something but I also dont see any function.

Apb

Aug 5, 2010
Confirmed that one. But indeed the process doesnt seem to be doing anything
Also changing any setting in lifelog app (seems to new setting btw) changes nothing...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-17-19-22-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-17-19-22-00.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,208

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    APB: I don't see those new setting features for Lifelogger as your screenshot suggest. I get the basic of LifeLog on or off and profile. My current version is 2.3.A.1.10. How did you get access to that screen? Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance.

Go to Lifelog app, then "Settings" (the 3 dots on the right top corner) and then tap on "Logger" option (not the on/off button, just tap on the word "Logger").

:)