Sony makes the best-designed Android phones, four red dot awards say so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Spectre51

So what are the best-designed Android devices out there? It appears we’re looking at a few Sony creations that have been honored by red dot awards. Apparently Sony scored not one, but four red dot awards for product design, with three of them going to two Xperia devices:

Xperia active and Xperia ion earn plaudits for high quality and stylish minimalism
Smart Wireless Headset pro and SmartDock for Xperia ion recognised for discreet design and impressive functionality
Xperia ray receives an honourable mention for appearance and usability
The awards were presented at a special ceremony in Germany that took place a few days ago on July 2. Apparently the international jury “evaluated entries against key criteria including the degree of innovation, ergonomics, durability and ecological soundness.”

It’s worth mentioning that each year, the red dot award competition receives over 14,000 entries from over 70 countries. It would certainly be interesting to see what other mobile devices the winning Xperia models managed to beat, including Android-based ones.

http://www.androidauthority.com/son...paign=Feed:+PlanetAndroidCom+(Planet+Android)

npspears

Oct 10, 2010
Definitely one of the reasons why I bought the phone

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app

xtacee1990

Jun 29, 2012
Sydney
Me think the HTC One X and S and White Evo 4g LTE, Galaxy Note, Xperia P, Xperia Ion, White LG Optimus 4X HD, Iphone 4s, Xperia Arc, Xperia GX and SX. Optimus Vu would be ok if it wasnt for the fugly LG UI.

White Xperia S would be perfect too but I hate the huge wasted bezel.

paul-c

Jul 3, 2012
Chicago
I think Sony designs the best phones, hands down. It's the biggest reason I hung out and waited for the ion.

SMN23

Oct 12, 2011
Orlando
Everything Sony makes looks awesome & sleek. The Ion is gorgeous, I've got two Sony TV's in my house, mine being their 32 inch Google TV ( Amazing TV btw), and the PS3 is awesome. Putting all 3 together looks like a family haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So what are the best-designed Android devices out there? It appears we’re looking at a few Sony creations that have been honored by red dot awards. Apparently Sony scored not one, but four red dot awards for product design, with three of them going to two Xperia devices:

Xperia active and Xperia ion earn plaudits for high quality and stylish minimalism
    Smart Wireless Headset pro and SmartDock for Xperia ion recognised for discreet design and impressive functionality
    Xperia ray receives an honourable mention for appearance and usability
    The awards were presented at a special ceremony in Germany that took place a few days ago on July 2. Apparently the international jury “evaluated entries against key criteria including the degree of innovation, ergonomics, durability and ecological soundness.”

It’s worth mentioning that each year, the red dot award competition receives over 14,000 entries from over 70 countries. It would certainly be interesting to see what other mobile devices the winning Xperia models managed to beat, including Android-based ones.

http://www.androidauthority.com/son...paign=Feed:+PlanetAndroidCom+(Planet+Android)