Sony Mobile Flasher stuck on getvar:max-download-size (Flashing Xperia 10)

Search This thread

Kestnix

Mar 21, 2019
Hello,

I got my Xperia 10 into a bootloop. I'm still able to enter recovery, but I've never been able to get out of the bootloop, no matter what I tried.
I started trying to flash software onto it with Sony Mobile Flasher. I'm using version 0.9.28.0. Every time I try flashing, the process gets stuck on the same line:

Sending getvar:max-download-size

Does anyone know what exactly this means or how I can fix this?
Any help is greatly appreciated. :good:

Kestnix

Mar 21, 2019
Did you find a solution, I am facing the same problem.

The problem stopped occurring.
However, I began having problems with the missing flash script. I fixed that and was able to flash firmware from XperiFirm.
Do you have a missing script file as well or is it just me?

Kestnix

Mar 21, 2019
Update

Here's an update.
The problem with getting stuck on getvar:max-download-size only occurs if it's the second time flashing the device after initial connection (and any attempt after that I guess).
This means, connect the phone, try flashing. If for some reason you try another flash without disconnecting the phone, it will get stuck.
This has always helped me, not sure if it's a universal solution.

Reactions: imkofficial

Kestnix

Mar 21, 2019
Delete all of them! The one in the partition folder too! Then drag the rest of the folder into the Newflasher folder and then follow the instructions on the Newflasher page

I see. Thanks! Just curious, that applies to all Xperia phones and all ROMs or is it different for older ones?
Also, is a flash script needed for NewFlasher. I don't think one is, but I haven't looked into NewFlasher as much as I should have.

Chronic2k13

I see. Thanks! Just curious, that applies to all Xperia phones and all ROMs or is it different for older ones?
Also, is a flash script needed for NewFlasher. I don't think one is, but I haven't looked into NewFlasher as much as I should have.
I think it's for all Xperias after 2019! No flash script needed. You just have to have fastboot drivers and the drivers for your phone! No need to have your bootloader unlocked either.

Kaichess

Jan 4, 2019
Hello,

I got my Xperia 10 into a bootloop. I'm still able to enter recovery, but I've never been able to get out of the bootloop, no matter what I tried.
I started trying to flash software onto it with Sony Mobile Flasher. I'm using version 0.9.28.0. Every time I try flashing, the process gets stuck on the same line:

Sending getvar:max-download-size

Does anyone know what exactly this means or how I can fix this?
Any help is greatly appreciated. :good:

You can use newflasher(https://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/progress-newflasher-xperia-command-line-t3619426 to flash the firmware

gioyocho

May 4, 2012
Tried via newflasher, deleted all .ta files, even in boot folder, but i got again and again getvar:max-download-size error. Any solution, please?

Edit: Solved. Forgot to tap on usb debugging option and then allow to computer

Solutions:
1. Tap many times build number to open developer options
2. Turn on usb debugging
3. Connect phone via cable while it is turned on and press Allow when computer asks in it
4. Then try to flash android 10. Write n n n to commands, no need any gordon driver or etc

Maybe need restart phone and pc one time, when you turn on usb debugging and then Allow it

Also i installed android driver, after connect via cable, it was yellow ? <= that sign (in computer > manage > device manager)

Last edited:

imkofficial

Oct 25, 2021
Update

Here's an update.
The problem with getting stuck on getvar:max-download-size only occurs if it's the second time flashing the device after initial connection (and any attempt after that I guess).
This means, connect the phone, try flashing. If for some reason you try another flash without disconnecting the phone, it will get stuck.
im facing the same problem, how can i flash again after it got stuck?

Kestnix

Mar 21, 2019
im facing the same problem, how can i flash again after it got stuck?
Try closing the program and opening it again.
Make sure it's always the first flash after opening the program.
That's what solved it for me. Though honestly, this was more than a year ago 😂, new versions of FlashTool might not have this problem anymore? I honestly don't know, haven't tried in a while.

imkofficial

Oct 25, 2021
Try closing the program and opening it again.
Make sure it's always the first flash after opening the program.
That's what solved it for me. Though honestly, this was more than a year ago 😂, new versions of FlashTool might not have this problem anymore? I honestly don't know, haven't tried in a while.
ive tried that and it didnt work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update

Here's an update.