Sony screwed up the Xperia Z

Search This thread
N

nerdfacenyan

And yet if the battery only lasted an hour and the benchmarks were on par with the G1, I'd still take it over the Samsung iPho... er... GS3

fhsieh

Aug 15, 2008
SO-02E user here.

With bloatware removed/disabled, the Z gets 20600+ on AnTuTu (if you really care about benchmarks). Always take reviews of demo units with a (very big) grain of salt: there's usually tons of widgets and background apps that affect benchmarks; and scores are also affected under constant usage (repeating tests over and over, without giving the device time to cool/idle).

Battery is very good. On standby, there is minimal battery drain. With screen use (wifi+display, news, browser, videos), I'm seeing about -15%/hour, about 6+ hours. Out on 3G/LTE, I would expect a solid 4+ hours. YMMV depending on your needs, of course. If you use it so much that you need a removable battery, just get a portable charger instead. Not much bulkier than a spare, and you can use it without rebooting the phone. As for replacements, just do it under warranty as previously suggested.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-18-23-02-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-18-23-02-44.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 171

darth5zaft

Dec 16, 2011
kuala lumpur
I have an Xperia Active with removeable battery and it can be under water so of course it is possible

Skickat från min GT-N7105 via Tapatalk 2

Xperia V have removable battery, acro s have a camera button.

So we know sony can do it. Theres plenty of best of sony that not in this smartphone. But still it the best smartphone to date.

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

SmallsXD

Nov 28, 2012
I guess ppl didnt put on the back cover securely and wanted Sony to cover their water damaged phones.

Also when ppl hear waterproof/resistance..1st question..can I take pictures underwater? So i guess they dropped support for camera buttons on waterproof phones to stop idiots from diving in a pool to take under water shots for hours. If it is useless submerged then it would not stay submerged.

People hear "water resistance" but not "water resistance at a depth of 1ft for 30mins".

Top Liked Posts