Sony Smart Watch 2 now available!

Will you be getting a Sony Smart Watch 2 to go with your Xperia Z Ultra?

• Yes definitely! Can't wait!

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Not sure at the moment...

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • No way! The Smart Watch 2 is crap

Votes: 13 25.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

nihal1983

Oct 7, 2011
warrington,UK
try handtec.co.uk

I was told it shipped , but it has not arrived yet ... I did just get an email
stating my SBH52 order is held up do to being sold out . This is upsetting
considering I pre-ordered it from there site & was given a ship date of OCT 2'nd
& now I'm being told I have to wait til the end of the month ... :mad:

I got my sbh52 from handtec.co.uk and it arrived within a day to the US, the sw2 from clove took 10days after it showed on clove site , they shipped it via royal mail with no tracking and i recieved it on saturday

PAPER1

Sep 10, 2013
L.A. California
I got my sbh52 from handtec.co.uk and it arrived within a day to the US, the sw2 from clove took 10days after it showed on clove site , they shipped it via royal mail with no tracking and i recieved it on saturday

maybe I should cancel my SBH52 order & order it someplace else , HHHMMM
I am hoping my SW2 shows up sometime this week . I also Pre-ordered the
DSC-QX10 & the LCS-BBM ( Soft caring case for the QX10 ) directly from
Sony & they have already been delivered .

fastest83

Jul 13, 2012
I use mine as a "remote screen" for my Ultra, as I don't have it on me most of the times (handbag, messenger, left it in a drawer at work etc), so I don't miss a call or a message.
I yet have to understand how WatchIt works, but until now, apart from WhatsApp, every single notification (email, Gmail, missed call, message) has its own app on the phone and it works perfectly.
I second the fact that the screen could have been sharper, that mails should have shown pictures etc, but hey, I treat it mainly as a watch, I guess it would be appropriate to call it a "watch with benefits" :D

There is one thing that's bothering me though: when I'm driving, I usually hook up my SBH52 before starting the car, but when I make a call using the watch (with the SBH52 attached) the phone puts the sound in its earpiece instead of the bluetooth headset.
Similarly, if I choose to not connect the SBH52, I would expect the phone to go on speaker if I make a call through the watch, but that goes through the earpiece as well.

It seems like a super stupid thing to me.
We should be able to set a priority for what we need, i.e.
1) Bluetooth 2)Loudspeaker 3)phone.
That way it would definitely work.
Or, just give me a button on the watch to switch from one to the other.
I keep my phone on a rubbery carpet where the handbrake is, I don't want to look down every time I make a call just to choose the loudspeaker.

Anybody with me?

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

jutley

• Mar 23, 2006
    UK
    Yes i agrea when my phone rings i want to able to answer the call from the watch not just reject and have a option to put the call through to the loudspeaker of my phone come on sony software update with this feature.

fastest83

Jul 13, 2012
    Yes i agrea when my phone rings i want to able to answer the call from the watch not just reject and have a option to put the call through to the loudspeaker of my phone come on sony software update with this feature.

I found out that when the SBH52 is connected the phone call is passed to it but just if I use the watch to directly make the call.
    If I use the phone the call starts in phone mode, and that's stupid too I think.
    If you receive a call you can actually answer with the watch, reject the call or mute the phone, but why the hell don't we have an option for loudspeaker?? I mean, if it's not possible to switch between modes during the call just give me the option to choose whatever I like best in preferences...

nihal1983

Oct 7, 2011
    warrington,UK
    I found out that when the SBH52 is connected the phone call is passed to it but just if I use the watch to directly make the call.
    If I use the phone the call starts in phone mode, and that's stupid too I think.
    If you receive a call you can actually answer with the watch, reject the call or mute the phone, but why the hell don't we have an option for loudspeaker?? I mean, if it's not possible to switch between modes during the call just give me the option to choose whatever I like best in preferences...

There is an app called call handling pro in the market search for it via smart watch app on the phone.I use that and it's way better than Sony's

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fastest83

Jul 13, 2012
    There is an app called call handling pro in the market search for it via smart watch app on the phone.I use that and it's way better than Sony's

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah I tried it and asked for a refund 5 minutes later.
    I get it that I have to uninstall the Call Handling app from Sony, but I don't get that I can't make phone calls from Call Handling Pro.
    Basically you can't call, you just answer.
    And trying that, you can choose to answer already in loudspeaker mode (in settings), you can answer and then put it on loudspeaker, but if you choose to put it back in headset mode, it hangs up... WTF??
    I don't know, seems like a good idea, but poorly developed in many ways...

avetny

• Jul 16, 2010
    Private Island.
    Does anyone have instructions on how to adjust the size of the metal smart watch 2 band?

I just did it...it's very simple. On the back side of watch band you will see pointing arrow.

here we go some video:

BTW guys....compare to my Smart watch 1 and pebble, Smart Watch 2 is much more solid build.,and very fast !!! The screen responding like on the phone !

IMG_20131019_182505_zpsb73de774.jpg

xxdroid

Nov 26, 2012
    nfc or bluetooth failed

Hey guys, I just have the worse day of my life. Just bought myself the smartwatch 2 only to found out that my Zu is unable to connect to it. Having tried to update the smart connect app but it still won't Connect. Then I tried to use my galaxy to my surprise, no problem there. Then I tried to sent picture via bluetooth from galaxy to Zu but failed. I already reset the phone but problem still persist. Any help is much appreciated.

julz

Mar 17, 2007
    www.julianjwong.com
    Hey guys, I just have the worse day of my life. Just bought myself the smartwatch 2 only to found out that my Zu is unable to connect to it. Having tried to update the smart connect app but it still won't Connect. Then I tried to use my galaxy to my surprise, no problem there. Then I tried to sent picture via bluetooth from galaxy to Zu but failed. I already reset the phone but problem still persist. Any help is much appreciated.
    Is NFC and bluetooth turned on? Are you using a custom ROM? Can you try pairing it manually?

Reactions: xxdroid

Imdking

Apr 23, 2009
    Columbus, OH

The default "discoverable" time on the Xperia ZU is 10 seconds. Not enough for pairing. By the time you turn on bluetooth, put the phone down, initiate pairing with another device, it's timed out. I had to go in and just that setting before I was able to pair the ZU with my Bose headset.

Reactions: xxdroid

xxdroid

Nov 26, 2012
    The default "discoverable" time on the Xperia ZU is 10 seconds. Not enough for pairing. By the time you turn on bluetooth, put the phone down, initiate pairing with another device, it's timed out. I had to go in and just that setting before I was able to pair the ZU with my Bose headset.

thanks for the reply man. i have sent my ZU to sony service center and according to them, it was a hardware problem and repair could take up 3weeks the soonest. fuhhhhh...

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

Is NFC and bluetooth turned on? Are you using a custom ROM? Can you try pairing it manually?

nfc and bluetooth has been turn on but it didnt detect the watch..i have sent it to Sony and according to them bluetooth hardware is at fault and repair is 3weeks away...o gosh...bad luck...

Reactions: Imdking

Imdking

Apr 23, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    thanks for the reply man. i have sent my ZU to sony service center and according to them, it was a hardware problem and repair could take up 3weeks the soonest. fuhhhhh...

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

nfc and bluetooth has been turn on but it didnt detect the watch..i have sent it to Sony and according to them bluetooth hardware is at fault and repair is 3weeks away...o gosh...bad luck...

Damn! That sucks! If u can, buy another one, and put the one in the repair shop up for sale.

PAPER1

Sep 10, 2013
    L.A. California
    I finally got my Smart watch 2 from Clove , I Honestly do not see myself using it .
    I think I'm going to sell it , If anyone is interested go ahead & make me an offer .
    Also if your in my area L.A. California we can meet up for the Purchase .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      what deal on amazon was this which gave away free smartwatch?
      This one here is valid until October 31: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DPT52G0/ref=nosim
      maybe there's a certain way you need to pair the devices or something?

I have to retract my statement, it started to work for me. i turned on the bluetooth on the sw2 and it was able to connect fine together with the sbh52. so all in all loving it :)
      Factory reset the watch itself.